Why are all the boards on this site so inactive?

InDarkestNight

The truth is that a lot of the boards have a lot of activity, mostly controlled by the popularity of the game and the accessibility of modding it.
This.

I'm sure there will be folks here who would consider this a hot take - but suppose for a moment that your problem isn't with the mods LOTD has displays for. Suppose the problem is LOTD itself. There's plenty of folks out there who have said it's not the most stable thing to have in your load order, and it gets worse thee more mods you pile in with it. Just a thought, but maybe exclude it while setting up a new load order and see how that goes?

As the architect of the entire script system that powers displays in LOTD I'd ask that you present some kind of proof before accusing the core mod of being a problem.

I think you already know I'm not gonna be the one to supply that since I stopped following the mod the day you guys began giving out advice to clean scripts during updates. You know how I feel about such bad practices.

Have your pick of any number of reddit posts though if you like. As far as I can tell you still seem to trust their judgment on modding matters.

Other than you, I can find no evidence at all the base mod itself is unstable (all I can find is people reporting crashes in the museum, but I myself have never once crashed in the museum, actually its almost always outdoors on the main map). Maybe it doesn't play nice with large load orders, and the MO does try to discourage people from installing ALL the mods it supports. Then again, the game itself doesn't like large load orders either. I had a grid transition crash a while back, and I found through extensive testing that the odds of a crash at that grid transition increased with the number of mods I had, completely regardless of what they were (the only facet of specific mods that factored in was simply how much data they took up, for instance removing Holds dropped the chances of a crash quite significantly). I've long since fixed that issue, but I still get crashes seemingly everywhere else on the map other than that one spot. I fix one crash, another comes up. It just never ends. Also, I still haven't someone address the fact that the odds of a crash increases as the playthrough continues. What type of issue could even cause that? The only thing I've ever heard of is save game bloat, but my save files aren't bigger than they should be and level 20 shouldn't be long enough for that to happen anyway. I did make sure none of my level lists had more than 255 items in them (none of them come even close, the largest one I think has 80 something items in them). I do also have various fixes that should mitigate save game bloat, such as the Unofficial Patch. I literally can't find any fix that I don't already have installed. I even have a new vegas mod installed, seriously. Apparently it works fine in all ck games up to Skyrim LE. That thing was by far the most effective mod I ever installed to prevent crashes. Too bad it doesn't work for SE apparently, otherwise I would try it. SE is far more unstable for me than LE. I outright can't enter dragonsreach even if I don't have a single thing installed, I crash all the time walking down the roads, and the thing really seems to love to crash right after combat ends which as you can imagine is quite annoying. I did re-download it right before the bs AE update, so I have been able to test it. Crashes are all still there, even though literally the only thing installed is skse (so I can play the game without it force-updating). I've found no one able to explain that, I've even had people accuse me of lying because they couldn't come up with any reason for all this. Yeah, LE obviously isn't stable either, but at least I don't have to hard save every few seconds while walking the roads (literally). It was so weird just being able to play the game without jumping into the main menu literally every few steps. LE is so peaceful in comparison.

I'm sure there will be folks here who would consider this a hot take - but suppose for a moment that your problem isn't with the mods LOTD has displays for. Suppose the problem is LOTD itself. There's plenty of folks out there who have said it's not the most stable thing to have in your load order, and it gets worse thee more mods you pile in with it. Just a thought, but maybe exclude it while setting up a new load order and see how that goes?

Look buddy, you need to stop whining about the script cleaning issue because we have been deterring people from doing that for YEARS now but you have it in your head and that's that I guess. Also we had always utilized script cleaning since the early days BEFORE you knew about issues it caused so your departure from "following" legacy wasn't because of actions on our part it was because of what you learned about the risks of script cleaning. Get over it already.

As for general stability, if you want to make specific claims and reference data that actually substantiates your claims which we can use to solve said issue, that's great, otherwise pipe down, your commentary is not helpful or welcome.

That said how about letting the topic actually return to the topic at hand? Sorry folks, just had to respond since I was once again publically called out for this BS.

I don't have any further questions about the forum, no. I would like actual help for once getting my game stable, but that's obviously not the point of this thread. Either way, I'm not interested in fiddling with my LotD order right now anyway, given how much effort I've already put into trying to make it playable.