New Forum Feedback

Pickysaurus

Just a heads up to moderation and other users.  I went thru my "other files" tab and noticed someone had uploaded something to my page that wasn't me.  It was hidden by moderators at some point I think but it was a photo of someplace high and a caption that suggested I was going to kill my self.  I deleted the file but I have no clue how it even got on there as I've never uploaded photos or files.  Hopefully with this new update security will be tighter.

Also, I've noticed there's no way to report a profile or friend someone now either, unless the ability is locked behind a ranking system?

Edited by wpgfurry

It appears that the ability to change ones Avatar has been misplaced. I was unable to find this capability on either Update Profile or Account Settings.  Where has this facility gone?

1. I'm missing the friendlist , which should only be removed from the mod page, but should stay in the forum.

2. I wasn't active in the forum since 2018, as i First came because of the Mods und now because i like to Show and look at screenshots on the modpage. This update is no reason  to change that. Adding someone from the mod page to a adressbook of the messenger would be a Nice feature.

3. By the Love of Molag Bal how can i Change the profile background? It first starts pink and then get in some patch work patterns. Horrible.

Edited by Morticia01
  • Like 1

IPS 4 has removed a lot of features, so if you're looking for stuff you used previously, it might have been removed. For example, there are no friends. Instead you can follow someone, which means you get a notification every time they post! You can usually change your avatar in your profile, but Nexus seems to have disabled that. I did see something about using the same avatar as your Nexus Mods avatar, or something like that, so I'm guessing you could change your avatar through Nexus Mods.

You guys have already noticed the new badges. Since Nexus just implemented them, everybody is getting the newbie badge. Your post count shows up under your group, just below your avatar. And yes, like many others, I've lost a few thousand posts. My guess is that the new post count is for the forums and doesn't include the comments from the mod pages.

Request: could you guys (Nexus) switch back to the square avatars? It's a setting in the admin panel. Cropping the avatar into a circle breaks animated gifs. For some reason the circle is the default.

Edited by AndalayBay

15 minutes ago, AndalayBay said:

IPS 4 has removed a lot of features, so if you're looking for stuff you used previously, it might have been removed. For example, there are no friends. Instead you can follow someone, which means you get a notification every time they post! You can usually change your avatar in your profile, but Nexus seems to have disabled that. I did see something about using the same avatar as your Nexus Mods avatar, or something like that, so I'm guessing you could change your avatar through Nexus Mods.

You guys have already noticed the new badges. Since Nexus just implemented them, everybody is getting the newbie badge. Your post count shows up under your group, just below your avatar. And yes, like many others, I've lost a few thousand posts. My guess is that the new post count is for the forums and doesn't include the comments from the mod pages.

Request: could you guys (Nexus) switch back to the square avatars? It's a setting in the admin panel. Cropping the avatar into a circle breaks animated gifs. For some reason the circle is the default.

Thank you

33 minutes ago, AndalayBay said:

I can confirm you can change your avatar with the Nexus Mods avatar

Have self-applied member titles been beheaded, or is it just because the migration sliced my post count in half?

Perhaps these questions are easily answered by an official post made with a list of changes somewhere? I'm a little bit lost as I adapt to navigating the place now so I apologize if these are dumb questions.