New Forum Feedback

Pickysaurus

15 minutes ago, HadToRegister said:

What I miss the most, which was an invaluable tool, was being able to search the Comments for MODS in the mod section.
Instead of having to trudge through hundreds of pages of comments on a mod page, I was able to use the "(Now missing) "Search Forum" button and use the Search Box to quickly find any Mod comment that pertained to my search term.

This is especially missed for older games such as Oblivion etc, where I need to search for old comments for a refresher on any quirks with a mod etc.

They have said elsewhere that when the comments system currently being used for the collections is migrated over to also be used for the mod comments, the search feature it has will then work for the mod comments.  I have no idea how long that is likely to be though.  Go take a look at a specific collection to see what the comments look like.

1 hour ago, Demorphic said:

Current feature status following forum migration:

• Quick link to send a private message to a user from their profile - Planned to return this feature in early 2024.
  • Link from site profile to forum profile - Planned to return this feature in early 2024.
  • Link from forum profile to site profile - Planned to return this feature in early 2024.
  • Friends list - Has been removed, no plan to return this feature.
  • Users 'about' page - Will be removed, currently cannot be updated. Will be replaced with new user profiles in 2024.
  • Kudos system - Has been returned to user profiles.
  • Post count - Shown on forums, excludes some numbers from post count. No plan at this stage to bring this back to site profile.
  • Forum Reputation System - Will be put to community vote.
  • Donate button - has been returned to user profiles.

Thank you so much for the complete answer!

53 minutes ago, LenaWolfBravil said:

Can someone please explain the difference between "regular forum", "community forum" and "club", as well as why do we need this distinction? Confused. 😵‍💫

Regular forum: the useful one.

Community forum: the useless one that causes problems.

Club: the blunt instrument that should be used to fix the problems caused by the Community forum.

Why do we need it?  We don't.

Some things are just features of the new forums that Nexus Mods staff haven't come up with a reason to use yet.  

40 minutes ago, showler said:

Regular forum: the useful one.

Community forum: the useless one that causes problems.

Club: the blunt instrument that should be used to fix the problems caused by the Community forum.

Great. Now, how do I access the useful part of the forum? And how do I tell which is which?

I am coming here from the mods side. I am looking at mods under Oblivion. There at the top there's Community -> Forums. Clicking that takes you to the Oblivion Community Forums with... 14 members. Wow. I'm sure I've seen more people than that responding to this thread. So this is the useless forum then. Ok. How do I get to the good stuff?

And also: if this is the Oblivion Community Forum, I expect everything on that page to be about Oblivion. Then why do I have all sorts of questions about all other games listed in the right pane (taking up half a screen, too)? It just doesn't make sense.

EDIT: I think I might have found the "regular forum" under Game-Specific forums letter "O" (not to be confused with Forums -> Games -> Oblivion). Is that it? But it is quite empty. Oh, says it's being migrated. Ok. Just be patient, I guess.

Edited by LenaWolfBravil

The ones under game specific forum by letter seem to be the old game forums migrated.  No idea bout the "community" or "club" ones.

12 minutes ago, showler said:

Yeah, NexusSiteBot is an "Admin".  I seriously doubt any ignore function is ever going to let you ignore posts from Admins.

Well, it doesn't work on normal users either. Their posts are still shown. Besides, if we are not allowed to ignore Admins, then the system shouldn't allow me to set the preferences - it should say that it's not allowed.