Friendlist

Asike1201

Apparently friends are now called followers.  Like Instaface does.  Yuck.  And I agree the friends list should be available and migrated to the followers list.

4 minutes ago, showler said:

Invision removed the Friend list from the software.

Yeah, there's no functionality for it. Try your best to recall your closest friend's usernames, Asike1201 and then use the new system to "Follow member". All I can recommend for the time being.

Edited by MuteSignals

As @showler said already, IPS removed friends and replaced them with followers. However, if you follow someone, you will get a notification every time they post something, which is not the same at all. IPS has also removed a lot of other features from the software over time. One new feature is mention. You mention someone by typing the AT symbol (@) followed by their name. They will get a notification that they have been mentioned. It's a good way to get someone's attention if you want to ask them a question in a forum thread, for example.

Someone else complained about the line spacing and font size. The only way to condense the paragraphs is to NOT hit return and just keep typing. Very annoying, but the forums use HTML behind the scenes now so hitting return will start a new paragraph with all the extra spacing that entails. You can use bullets or numbers to reduce the spacing, but those are used for lists so your post will look odd if you're not listing something. BB Code is no longer supported in IPS. You can use the Size drop-down in the editor toolbar to change the text size of your post, but you'll have to use the browser to make global zoom changes, if your browser has that option.

Our old friends lists should be migrated as followers, then.  I don't blame the new software entirely for this situation.  Also, it should show on the main site side, as well.

Friends are a feature that became "Followers" in the forum. This will not be returning to the main website anytime soon. We'll be making a news post on the main site confirming what's different about the new forum and which features will return in the near future. Right now the focus is on finishing off the restructure. 

In the event they can't be transferred, I just had a good think and flip through my past screenshot comments for those who I've interracted with the most.
Since you know, friends should be those most memorable and had connections with. Fairly sure most of the 100 friends I had were random anyway. 😜