Friendlist

Asike1201

21 hours ago, Pickysaurus said:

Friends are a feature that became "Followers" in the forum. This will not be returning to the main website anytime soon. We'll be making a news post on the main site confirming what's different about the new forum and which features will return in the near future. Right now the focus is on finishing off the restructure. 

Then why not migrate the old friends list as "followers" at least (not my ideal solution, but better than nothing.  Ideally friends would be restored as is.  See the feedback thread for more context by myself and others).

This is exactly the sort of "hacky" thing we want to try and avoid with the new forums, Zanderat.

Followers are different to friends and not the same thing. If you follow a user you are signing up to receive notifications when that user performs actions on the forums. The friends system did not do this and we are not going to force this on users.

Before you ask, the dev time required to create a system that asks users if they want to transfer their friends to the follower system and then does the actual transfer would have been huge and not the best use of our time when there are so many other important things to do. On a list of "Nexus Mods features that need fixing or completely overhauling", the friends system would be one of the lowest things on that list. The correct decision was made with the options we had available to us.

On 11/26/2023 at 7:51 PM, MuteSignals said:

Yeah, there's no functionality for it. Try your best to recall your closest friend's usernames, Asike1201 and then use the new system to "Follow member". All I can recommend for the time being.

This is the problem. I added modders to my friendlist because it made it easy to find the author and download his mods. I can only remember a couple of people 😂😂. I could say my friendlist was long. 

1 minute ago, Asike1201 said:

This is the problem. I added modders to my friendlist because it made it easy to find the author and download his mods. I can only remember a couple of people 😂😂. I could say my friendlist was long. 

It sounds like you were using this as a tracking feature. Perhaps you could track these people on the site instead? 

2 hours ago, Asike1201 said:

We have the ability to look at our 'mod download history', maybe you could flip through that?

• 1 month later...

I'm on Nexus till 2006 .... and I had some friends on my list till a long long long time ... they are all gone .. This is really hart. 😢

I really don't understand and I don't see the point why we can't add friends on Nexus ... Ask somebody if she / he wants to be your friend and if this person says yes, great. Done.

Edited by Flumme