User Profile and Direct Messaging Improvements Beta

JustThatKing

12 minutes ago, therebkin said:

When I try to go to someone's mod on their profile or switch to classic I get this. I can't register via google and I don't get a code to my email. I don't know if it's a bug or designed that way, but it's not cool either way. The page looks modern and nice though

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.bf62d0e52b7f49a514d6dbbaf92f979f.pngimage.thumb.png.fede368acab7c1199b3a04955badcae5.png

This was a temporary bug that has been resolved. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

I like the layout, but the first thing that jumps out to me is the theming. I prefer the softer, pastel-esque colours of the current design, as well as unrounded corners. I understand that these are outdated design principles, but 'modern' and 'pretty' are two very different things. I would really enjoy the option to keep the old styling with the new layout. Hell, let me customise the palette.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Plantelo said:

I like the layout, but the first thing that jumps out to me is the theming. I prefer the softer, pastel-esque colours of the current design, as well as unrounded corners. I understand that these are outdated design principles, but 'modern' and 'pretty' are two very different things. I would really enjoy the option to keep the old styling with the new layout. Hell, let me customise the palette.

I don't really mind the new colours. But more profile customisation would still be nice, if possible. I think this is something that was missing from the old profiles. Can't really change anything other than the 'About me'.

Would also be nice if the 'Media' and 'Collections' tabs could be hidden if you don't have any screenshots or collections. For example, on the forum profile, the 'About me' tab does not show up if you have not added anything to it. But it's not the end of the world if it stays though. I can live with it.

• Like 1

Frankly, it's terrible. Harder to read, and now I can't see at a glance which mods I've downloaded or if an update is available.

Seriously, why remove the Downloaded or Update Available tags? Now I can only see those if I click on the mod. 

On the technical side, this change sounds necessary but for the user, it's a serious downgrade. How about just taking the old look and using something similar but with the new technical underpinnings? Don't reinvent the wheel or take away useful features we already have.

As it is, I will be reverting to the old interface until forced to 'upgrade'.

• Like 4

@adamndirtyape

On 3/27/2024 at 6:21 AM, JustThatKing said:

Upcoming Changes:

We have committed to making changes to account for many pieces of feedback that have been put forward in this thread. Here is a taster of what is still to come:

• Mod Tile status indicators (Downloaded, Update Available, etc) will be returning
  • Thanks 1

I must have missed this, and feel more like the biggest idiot on earth right now:

Nxsmdsfdb.png.2447c202d40deb094f2c6ad4cfce218a.png

On the bottom of the page, nexusmods, one can revert to the old layout. Omg.

Thanks to nexusmods for providing such a feature.

24 minutes ago, Qrsr said:

I must have missed this, and feel more like the biggest idiot on earth right now:

Nxsmdsfdb.png.2447c202d40deb094f2c6ad4cfce218a.png

On the bottom of the page, nexusmods, one can revert to the old layout. Omg.

Thanks to nexusmods for providing such a feature.

They already said it is only temporary, sadly.

On 3/29/2024 at 2:43 AM, Pickysaurus said:

The rollback option is only temporary. It'll be removed at some point provided there are no breaking issues.

Edited by HollownessDevoured
  • Sad 1