User Profile and Direct Messaging Improvements Beta

JustThatKing

Yeah, but the widescreen PC monitors are much wider than they are long (from top-to-bottom), which makes the endless scrolling much more tedious.  At least right now, I can control the number of mods per page.  There are several sites that have changed to endless scrolling, and it just makes it harder to refer back to earlier posts in the thread, for me.  I have enough memory (64 GB) that makes scrolling down on an individual page easy, but the jumping, twitchy endless scrolling never is comfortable for me.

The move to reduce the mods to 4 per row from 5 will make the problem even greater.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 7531Leonidas said:

There are several sites that have changed to endless scrolling, and it just makes it harder to refer back to earlier posts in the thread, for me.  I have enough memory (64 GB) that makes scrolling down on an individual page easy, but the jumping, twitchy endless scrolling never is comfortable for me.

Not to mention if I click away from an endlessly-scrolling page (either on purpose or by mistake, instead of opening in a new tab) and go back, I all too often have to scroll down all over again to get back to where I was.  Whereas with paged pages, I usually end up right back on the same page in the sequence.  Or worst, have to enter the page number again.

And yah, I like the easier option for deep dives by entering an arbitrary page number, rather than having to scroll down forever or hit Page Down many times.  Like if I know about when an installment of someone's long-running screenshot story was (either approximate date or relative placement), but not the title, I can sort by date and jump back 5 or 10 or 20 or 50 pages at a time until I see I'm getting close -- and not have to load everything else in their image section that came before or after it.

Edited by AaronOfMpls
  • Like 2

First impression of the new UI design is that it's very aesthetically pleasing, everything fits well together. Can't really speak to it's functionality compared to the classic design since I rarely used it, but visually I think it's a great upgrade!

Great improvement to the download/update indicators. Just want to point out that the "download" one is missing the drop shadow that the "update available" one has.

Screenshot2024-04-19at11-33-26LawrenceFBsProfileNexusMods.png.9d6e61ebc8081c501870719f6260474e.png Screenshot2024-04-19at11-34-31LawrenceFBsProfileNexusMods.png.69a17d40f58dfb81c7d196d8cd0e482b.png

• Thanks 1

In someway it looks pleasing but way too much overwhelming the changes from classic to this BETA new look (way too different, you can still recognize its NexusMods but its just not the same feeling, classic look is just plain simple without any fancy looks, while this BETA new one is a lot fancy)

it looks SO much better, I do think another tab needs to be added to keep full functionality, a History Tab could be really awesome and that would keep the long shitty list of old and update it to make the whole thing navigable, although redundant. Otherwise, this is so cool and i love the new look so much

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bam8Bam said:

I would really like to see my endorsements and endorsement history. that's how I find my mods.

You can still see which mods you've endorsed from your download history page. 

The high site load has revealed to me that there's nothing indicating that a new tab is loading. This is especially noticeable when loading the Mods tab of an author. It appears as though the button simply didn't work.