The last poster wins

TheCalliton

The Nvidia 4090 was out when I bought a factory built PC Gaming machine with the 3070.  The 4090 sold separately to those of us who built computers from parts and it cost $4000.00 for the 4090 then.

I bought the AI enhanced Video Card that came with the Star Wars duo.  The Jedi and the Sith versions.  The Light and the Dark side!

AI and Nvidial are bringing in faster electronics with better video card software because of their AI enchanted video cards for gamers and Super AI business cards that sold for $27,000.00 to big dot coms the same year the Jedi and Sith video cards came out.  Those 1080's.

The 1080's stilll get updates recognized by the AI enchanted Software even today.

That's a good question?  It has a big part.  It handles all the computer stations monitors in every cubicle in an Office building, and more.

I've been playing borderlands 3 for so long now, then a something loaded up on the dash and what the, a movie on borderlands pff, But hey its random and swearing just like borderlands lore. I at least give the movie industry a good rep for now. At least you can't go wrong with complete randomness. Voice acting could be better for claptrap though. All hail borderlands, wacky as it is. Still can't understand Rolands appearance though, he died in  borderlands 2, lets keep it that way.

On 2/21/2024 at 12:30 PM, Oblivionaddicted said:

That price still looks completely exaggerated.

The price wasn't an exageration that year the big businesses version of the AI enhanced Nvidia device was up for sale.

I only report the past.  If I made it up it would be lot more interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

It would seem Nexus decided to give me a free lifetime premium upgrade cause my mods reached 30k total downloads. Nice.

On 2/20/2024 at 7:51 PM, Oblivionaddicted said:

27000$ for a graphics card? O_o 22.gif

What does it feature to cost so much?

Seeing the price tag that's probably Ampere A100 80GB in which case it features lots of tensor cores and a mature library for AI training. Since AMD is currently not in a great position regarding machine learning and Intel's GPUs currently still suck at being GPUs (that said, I do want to get an Arc card) it gives Nvidia a chance to milk companies that build systems for machine learning dry before competition comes in swinging.

Also, a large part of a workstation graphics card's cost is support. For example, filthy peasants gamers can wait for a general driver update for their gaming cards that may or may not fix a problem they've had for months while companies that buy those cards get custom drivers made for their specific systems and in case of problems have Nvidia technicians, even field technicians, available 0/24. All of that stuff costs a ton of money.

Besides, $27k for a card is an acceptable cost of doing business if you make many times more than that by using it, vast majority of those cards end up in giant cloud systems which are rented to those who need the hardware, it's easy to recoup the cost that way.

And now I win.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1