The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Yeah!  You won.

You traveled back in time while you were writing about the movie.  I sense you enjoyed time traveling back to when you saw it too!

Other wise those history books, known as journals recorded for posterity, were collecting dust in libraries at the colleges that the stuffy old professors who wrote those left them to when they died.

H. G. Wells opened a whole new way to get attention from non-students who barely ever got interested in their back yard history.  Or got sight of those ancient journals made into history books loaded with facts, maps with where X marks the spot, showing any wise student where the last adventurer had to give it a rest.

A new adventurer could get rich and famous.  Taking the boring time to go looking through them dusty old history books and find out where the last person's journal was who the books were written about.  Find the journal, find any clues in the Journal that wasn't in the stuffy history book.  All not in the history book to find.  But were in many old journals which had marked on maps hand drawn by the owner themself.

That lay where the previous explorer, archaeologist, cartographer, might have had their journal returned to their family for safe keeing.  Any old adventurer might find it and pick up where the journal's owner ended it without finishing it in their lifetime and find the treasure of an ancient civilization that really exists.  During those days in the past before H. G. Wells got some info out that interested the poor uneducated children the children likely never ventured far from the water sack or well back in those days.

Thx to H. G. Wells changes in writing history books so we eager readers now see.  History by H. G. Wells awakened thousands more adventurers out roaming the land.  While only one fifth of the water covered lands has been explored to this day.

I win!

I've determined that:
Winning is only about speed to people who race vehicles and with that kind of speed in vehicle racing it's about tuned engines, the timing, and a good driver.  Seems like everyones computer has all that, and more.  More importantly playing video games is an enjoybable way to keep our brain functions tuned so we are more alert and have less issues while among the crowd who are still in the Rat Race.

Every body Dance now!

I WIN!

• Like 1

I wonder how fast my pc can download. i haven't thought of the limitations of hardware hmm.. Like a Ethernet adapter. My motherboard is a b450-f gaming rog strix. I here it may be 300MB download so it might be overkill. I might have to go with 500mb instead.

Unless you have the latest internal card with 10/100/1000.you won't get any momentous speed changes.  You should get unstable downloads that can max up to 30 MBYTEs per/sec.  That's about the same as the fastest 5GHz service with 6GHz boosting it and keeping it at a constant speed more.  Having faster connections for home users isn't senseless but it is 1000 Mega Bits known as 1Gb not 1GBytes.  6 GHz should make it so any download your internal internet connector can handle is what you should max speed to.

niphilim222 I've been trying to get my ISP to be stable so I would be able to stream while playing a game.  Is there a way to boost a home internet system so it doesn't drop down too low after only a few minutes when trying to stream, that you know of?

Try using cat6 Ethernet cable, I used to be in the same state as you. In a suburb location with crap internet speed. Heck 50mb's is good for now.

Back then i only had 700mhz speeds, just below a 1mb's speed. 🤪

Or this, heck switching might be a good idea. some day.

https://www.virginplus.ca/en/internet/index.html?province=ON&geoResult=failed

Bell sort of failed me.

Edited by niphilim222
  • Thanks 1

Wally mart had Cat 6 75 Ohm; 6 ft long ones for under $4.00.  I found a Cat 5  ft one in my heap of parts with a 100 Ohm rating.  The Cat 6 75 Ohm tested best holding it at 50 up to 54 Mb, the Cat 5 and 6 both got the pointer to 50 Mb.  Looked like the pointer was shaking because it was cold.  The Cat 5 had upload around 6 Mb, while the Cat 6 pinned it at 50 Mb download and upload was 0.4 mb. 

Both got an excellent for fast service.  The Online Google speed test was bouncing the signal off a server in Galgary, almost due north of here some reason.  I tried Ookla Speed test to see if it was any different.  Had to force it to go to the ISP Server in Colorado.

Not using Wi-Fi again.  Cable only... Thing to ponder now is what was messing with the television set.  After cutting off the Wi-Fi on the computer linked through HDMI cable plug to the TV HDMI my TV stopped getting a blank screen every once in awhile.  I thought that it was a sign the TV was getting worn out.  So far no blinking black screen for long enough to have to hope it didn't just die.

I checked that link you posted.  Their server thinks my location is in Ontario. Galgary, or Ontario.  LOL