The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Hey im off for 5 days on a kayaking holiday tomorrow too, cannot bloody wait :D

Nice, I love kayaking. Have a good one!

You know how Fallout 4 has weapon customisation? Well, that got me thinking... why not make a modular longsword?

So, I've spent the last few hours making lots of variations of sword pieces: grips are done, blades are probably half-done, pommels and crossguards haven't started yet.

http://puu.sh/iUiVp/3e7810d900.jpg

http://puu.sh/iUj47/a67ade236e.png

Crossguards are going to be the most fun to make - there can be heaps of variation there. The crossguard I have now is probably the most basic thing ever, but I'm still gonna use it. :P

Texturing and... UV Unwrapping *shivers* are going to be a nightmare, though.

At the moment, I don't think this would be usable in Skyrim, but I could probably still release the assets and have it as a, "build your own longsword with Nifskope," type thing. We'll see.

Edited by billyro

Yes indeed - this will probably be my first mod for Fallout 4. :D

Oh, and another thing I just remembered: I didn't specifically see gun cases or holsters in the Fallout 4 footage, which leads me to assume scabbards won't work either. Hmm... Maybe I could make a craftable scabbard that's a piece of armour?

EDIT: Heh, it's looking bustling now!

http://puu.sh/iUrkU/7e824a92ac.jpg

6 grips (will be more with colour variations, material variations, etc.), 9 blades (more with material variations, degradation, etc.), 13 crossguards (same a blades), and haven't even started on the pommels yet. There's going to be a lot of combinations!

Oh, I can already imagine the headache I'm going to get from using the GECK to implement all these things. :pinch:

By the way, guys, if you can think of any obvious blade/crossguard/pommel design-types that I've missed, please let me know. It'll help a lot. :smile:

Edited by billyro

I was looking at some of the weapons in FO: NV. :geek:

There are several melee weapons used. :cool:

One is a 1 and 1/4 inch 4 foot long pipe with a chunk of concrete on one end with steel rebar bits sticking out of it. It's a favorite of most of the Mutants. There is one gigantic sword, first found on a leader of them had, before my characters Well Worn 10 mm took him down. :devil:

Can you use your skill to make a mod so it will change those melee and swords to what you can dream up? :wub:

Yes indeed - this will probably be my first mod for Fallout 4. :D

Oh, and another thing I just remembered: I didn't specifically see gun cases or holsters in the Fallout 4 footage, which leads me to assume scabbards won't work either. Hmm... Maybe I could make a craftable scabbard that's a piece of armour?

EDIT: Heh, it's looking bustling now!

http://puu.sh/iUrkU/7e824a92ac.jpg

6 grips (will be more with colour variations, material variations, etc.), 9 blades (more with material variations, degradation, etc.), 13 crossguards (same a blades), and haven't even started on the pommels yet. There's going to be a lot of combinations!

Oh, I can already imagine the headache I'm going to get from using the GECK to implement all these things. :pinch:

By the way, guys, if you can think of any obvious blade/crossguard/pommel design-types that I've missed, please let me know. It'll help a lot. :smile:

Try adding chrome shading on that you and you have a HD weapon

I was looking at some of the weapons in FO: NV. :geek:

There are several melee weapons used. :cool:

One is a 1 and 1/4 inch 4 foot long pipe with a chunk of concrete on one end with steel rebar bits sticking out of it. It's a favorite of most of the Mutants. There is one gigantic sword, first found on a leader of them had, before my characters Well Worn 10 mm took him down. :devil:

Can you use your skill to make a mod so it will change those melee and swords to what you can dream up? :wub:

I'm planning on sticking with just longswords. Pipes and buster swords will probably already be in the game, though. :smile:

Try adding chrome shading on that you and you have a HD weapon

I haven't started on the textures yet (what you see is just 3ds Max's colour shading).

EDIT: Did some more today.

http://puu.sh/iV45Z/b6e5547a4b.jpg

9 blades, 12 crossguards, 7 grips, 9 pommels... so far. I know there are actually 10 blades and 10 pommels in the above screenshot but the extra one for each is just a base I'm using for new ones.

Edited by billyro

I got the Bethesda Program Files x86 folder off the hard drive that was on another computer that crashed. (I thought the hard drive was burned out! It wasn't! :woot: ) It had all my MORROWIND Program Files and Program Files (x86) stuff too! Woo HOO!

Fallout 3 is going to work on my Fastest Computer. :woot:

I can look at it after I put the Fallout disc 1 into the CD/DVD drive.

Maybe there will be a bunch of sword material in it that will work in

Fallout 4

11, 10, 2015

4 months :woot: !

So, I found the Granite Maul mod and thought it was missing something. I gave it a Shock Storm area enchantment that ignores anyone except hostiles, then went and started the CW questline. OMG is this fun now!

That wasn't enough...after bashing-smashing-storming through a few CW scenes, I went hunting Giants with my bow. I suddenly realized my bow sucks.

Moto goes online to find a cool looking bow to give exploding shock arrows. Moto finds Valiant Nord Bow.

So, I created an explosion, attached it to arrow-projectile, added damaging enchantment and trotted off to try out my nifty new bow and arrows. I chose that giant camp with 3 giants and herd of mammoths. I shot the first Giant and he bounced to the moon!! (arrow enchantment has an addperk script to counter stagger immunity, evil laugh) Payback is a b&@*$, ain't it Mr Giant. But while I was giggling with murderous mirth, the mammoths snuck up on me. Yeah, how does that happen? So I drop my bow (Equipping overhaul) and bash the mammoth, and the mammoth shot away from me like an arrow. He went so far that my Actor Fade kicked in and he faded out. :(

Adventures in modding, woot!