Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

When I go to edit dialogue, (Character -> Filtered Dialogue) if I click delete on a line there is no [D] like when I do this on actors.

Would it still end up deleted? As in, will no longer be spoken?

On that note, if I just change the conditions on the line to include something impossible (GetIsRace: AlduinRace, for example), would that keep the line from being spoken?

After I click Okay, close the windows and save, will that be all I need to do? Or is there something else I'd have to do

Oh, and do .esps with just dialogue edits conflict? Or would they only conflict on shared lines

Edited by vyrelis

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I go to edit dialogue, (Character -> Filtered Dialogue) if I click delete on a line there is no [D] like when I do this on actors.

Would it still end up deleted? As in, will no longer be spoken?

On that note, if I just change the conditions on the line to include something impossible (GetIsRace: AlduinRace, for example), would that keep the line from being spoken?

After I click Okay, close the windows and save, will that be all I need to do? Or is there something else I'd have to do

Oh, and do .esps with just dialogue edits conflict? Or would they only conflict on shared lines

Only on shared lines. And it should be deleted, but you can check in TES5Edit if you want.

Is guard dialogue considered shared dialogue? For example "I know who you are... Hail Sithis"

Check. It should be a Shared Info if so. It seems like it would be though.

So if it were shared, under info it would have <<Shared>>? Or am I supposed to look somewhere else? It doesn't seem like any of the guard dialogue has that, so it won't conflict, right?

Sorry these questions are simple and repetitive, I just really want to get this right

not sure if this question has been asked and I'm not 100% sure that this is the right forum for this question, but I do like the word 'quick'. here is my question:

Is is safe to learn the full Fire Breath shout through a mod without ever meeting Parthuurnax?

Thanks! I have another. I have some lexicons with a light effect surrounding them, & I would like the lexicons to spin slowly & slightly bob up/down with the light. I have seen this in mods & tried it myself, but the objects are static & won't spin/bob. Should I be applying some sort of effect from the CK that I don't know about?

I'm trying to make a guild member hostile, but nothing seems to work. Making them initiate combat directly through the Akspeaker method did nothing, adding 1000 crime gold to Winterhold actually made the guild member side with me and kill the Winterhold guards, and adding the Player to the PCVampireFaction (rank 4) had the same effect. I'm at a loss here. Any advice? Or should I give up the duel part of Vortex of Time?

not sure if this question has been asked and I'm not 100% sure that this is the right forum for this question, but I do like the word 'quick'. here is my question:

Is is safe to learn the full Fire Breath shout through a mod without ever meeting Parthuurnax?

I don't see why it would be. But make a save first. Still, there isn't any reason that I can think of that it would be bad, you might just get a duplicate shout (unlikely) when you do meet Parthuurnax.

I'm trying to make a guild member hostile, but nothing seems to work. Making them initiate combat directly through the Akspeaker method did nothing, adding 1000 crime gold to Winterhold actually made the guild member side with me and kill the Winterhold guards, and adding the Player to the PCVampireFaction (rank 4) had the same effect. I'm at a loss here. Any advice? Or should I give up the duel part of Vortex of Time?

You could take a look at the way Vilja does it, or the way brawls work. However I looked at brawls and that was a tad more confusing than I felt like getting into for simple testing. You could set their relationship rank low and remove them from the guild, but add them to a faction so the other guild members won't fight them (possible?), and then when they enter bleedout have them switch back to the proper faction and maybe forcegreet the player.