Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

I have trouble with my normal map not showing in game.

The fix I found said to verify than normal where on yes that Num uv set i is set to 4097 and to update tangent space. I didn't find Num uv set but it was a BS num uv set so I assumed they changed the name but after I updated the tangent space num uv set finaly appeared on the list but greyed so no way to set it right. My normal map is in the second texture slot with _n at the end of the name. no clue what to say more.

Any clue?

Edited by Androol

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Player actor property is 1,000 times faster than Game.GetPlayer(). It's preferred if you need to reference the player more than once.

In the code above I would have just used the "akActionRef" parameter provided by the OnActivate event instead of PlayerRef. Or I would write the code to explictly make sure the akActionRef is the PlayerRef because as it's written if an NPC somehow activates the fire then the player will still get those message which wouldn't make sense.

The Player actor property is 1,000 times faster than Game.GetPlayer(). It's preferred if you need to reference the player more than once.

In the code above I would have just used the "akActionRef" parameter provided by the OnActivate event instead of PlayerRef. Or I would write the code to explictly make sure the akActionRef is the PlayerRef because as it's written if an NPC somehow activates the fire then the player will still get those message which wouldn't make sense.

You're right. I should've done that - but in this case I basically just saw Game.GetPlayer and my first thought was 'replace'.

I want to edit this vanilla mesh in nifskope to create a version without the steam. I have deleted 'PotOpen01:18', 'jet04' and 'PCloud01-emitter'. Will this cause any potential problems (If I save it as a new mesh). I've tested it out in game, and it seems fine, but I'm no expert when it comes to meshes.

http://i.imgur.com/zGsu2cD.png

I play Skyrim in SKSE-Mode and I want to backup my save games on an USB-Drive. I know where the saves are located at, but do I really have to get all files? I mean, say the save is called dragon. In the skyrim save games folder, I get those three files:

dragon.ess
dragon.ess.bak
dragon.skse

If I want to play "dragon" on another computer, where the same mods are installed, do I have to copy-paste all of those, or, since I always play in SKSE-Mode, can I just take the dragon.skse file, then ignore or even delete the others in the original data folder?

I emptied all my mods out and launched skyrim, it crashes when I click continue game. And for new game it doesnt crash it just stays stuck in misty loading screen with the dragon sigil. wtf

Oh yes, I also encountered the first problem you describe. It seems to be a corrupt save. Nothing to be done, unfortunately. You can't play that particular save again. As far as I know, anyway.

As for the loading screen- try running the game in SKSE mode and maybe mods like these work for you Safety Load Mod, or SSME. (Found them here). And, since the infinite loading screen is a memory problem...perhaps clearing out the save games could help? If you have many, that is ;)

Good luck with your problem!

I play Skyrim in SKSE-Mode and I want to backup my save games on an USB-Drive. I know where the saves are located at, but do I really have to get all files? I mean, say the save is called dragon. In the skyrim save games folder, I get those three files:

dragon.ess

dragon.ess.bak

dragon.skse

If I want to play "dragon" on another computer, where the same mods are installed, do I have to copy-paste all of those, or, since I always play in SKSE-Mode, can I just take the dragon.skse file, then ignore or even delete the others in the original data folder?

ESS is the actual save file, you NEED that one.

BAK was probably created by some save tool that you used. I don't use those so never have had a BAK file in my save files

SKSE contains some information that SKSE needs for the matching save file.

So... copy over the ESS and SKSE and you'll be fine.

I have trouble with my normal map not showing in game.

The fix I found said to verify than normal where on yes that Num uv set i is set to 4097 and to update tangent space. I didn't find Num uv set but it was a BS num uv set so I assumed they changed the name but after I updated the tangent space num uv set finaly appeared on the list but greyed so no way to set it right. My normal map is in the second texture slot with _n at the end of the name. no clue what to say more.

Any clue?

Can you upload an image of the model in Nifskope or in game? It could be a number of reasons.