⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

New member bar with chat functionality

Dark0ne

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I despise these bloody bars that are infesting all the forums I go to. I usually use Adblock to exorcise these hateful demons from my browsing experience. Now I'm looking through the site preferences you linked to, trying to find the option to turn it off. These things should be opt-in.

Ah, here it is. "Show member bar". Would be nice if that option were somewhere on the bar itself so I didn't have to go hunting for this announcement to express my displeasure after finding the bar at the bottom of my screen.

Don't know if I'd call it mad, but I shared the same initial reaction: "Not another one of these things".

Glad to see you at least gave us the option to turn it off. A lot of other places don't do that and you get mobbed by people when all you're trying to do is enjoy the forum.

Nice idea Dark0ne

I've already had the "what the hell is that & where'd it come from" reaction but it looks usable and has no gimmicky flashy bits to distract you.

For those that will use it then its great, for those that don't want it, its no biggy to go and turn it off.

One suggestion I have is that it would be good (for me anyhoo) if it had an autohide ability, same sort of thing you can set your Windows taskbar to do.

Thanks for trying to continually improve things, even though some people seem less gratefull than others :thumbsup:

Edit:

Oh thats better, its just turned black and matches the rest of the forum, nice one.

I've noticed that the bar doesn't seem to resize itself. If the window is resized (or if you use a small resolution) then most of the bar's icons will be off screen.

Also, the 'turn off' button only appears on the nexus site. It's not present on the forum toolbar.

Other than that, it's great! Been using it for the last 2 days.

I saw the bar before I saw the announcement, I almost thought it was something like those annoying toolbars that are packed into software that you have to tell the installer NOT to install as you install the program youwere trying to (like Google chrome getting piggybacked into EVERYTHING).

I will probably never use it, but it is not invasive, so I can't gripe. Good idea to include it as a "just in case"

Hmm... I'd like it better if I had the option of using it on my desktop and not using it when logged in on my smartphone (like I am right now); changing the options each time is going to be a pain, so I guess I won't use it at all.

I am glad someone I messaged told me how to turn it off, as I have rarely found a use for venturing into my preferences on the main site. It would be nice to have the off button on the bar. That was the first thing I explored the bar for...