Project Development for Veritas

mlee3141

I'd like to announce that NightGuardX has joined the the Team as our Videographer!

Stay tuned for more updates today as I should have a majority of the core finished and We have a playtest today!! Will post the download in a bit.

Also Sarus31 has come up with these descriptions since the others were quite long;

Argonians are the exotic and little-understood denizens of Black Marsh. Years of defending their borders have made the Argonians formidable warriors and experts on guerrilla warfare, who excel at both speed and stealth. The Argonians natural abilities make them equally at home in both the water and on land. Over many generations, the Argonian race have developed natural resistances to disease and a total immunity to most forms of poison.

The Dark Elves or Dunmer as they are known, are the grey skinned, red-eyed Elven peoples who reside in the far eastern part of Tamriel known as Morrowind. The Dunmer are proud, egotistical and arrogant beyond belief, who in character are grim, aloof, distrusting and disdainful of other races. On the battlefield, the Dunmer are noted for their skilled and balanced integration of sword, bow and magic, creating superior warriors, sorcerers and spellswords

The Nords are the children of the sky, a race of tall strong and fair-haired humans who hail from the harsh northern lands of Skyrim. The Nords are renowned for their resistance to the cold and even magical frost. The Nords are fierce, strong and enthusiastic warriors and many become renowned warriors, soldiers and mercenaries all over Tamriel. The Nords are fearless in war, industrious in trade and exploration.

Thoughts? Feedback? Suggestions?

Edited by SnippyChris

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a bunch of active powers for each race. Enjoy!

Argonian- Drowned Misery: You heal yourself fully, at the cost of a 50% movement penalty for 30 seconds. Usable only once a day, and only in water.

Altmer- Cosmic Heritage: Call down beams of sunlight to attack all foes. Usable only once a day, and only during daylight hours.

Nords- Glacial Bulwark: Negates all frost-based damage for 60 seconds. Usable only once a day.

Orcs- Malacath's Blessing: You are completely immune to poison for 5 seconds. Usable only once a day. This power is only available after completing Malacath's Daedric Quest in his favor.

Imperials- Articulate: Shopkeepers sell items at half price for 30 seconds. Usable only once a day.

Dunmer- Ashy Haze: You are unable to be detected by enemies for 10 seconds. Usable only once a day.

Breton- Aetherius Cloak: You absorb all hostile spells for 20 seconds. Usable only once a day.

Redguard- Final Gambit: You become immune to all damage, and deal triple damage for 10 seconds. Costs 99% of your health to cast. Usable only once a day.

Bosmer- Chris has this one covered.

Khajiit- Moon Lust: Increases your health, magicka and stamina regeneration by 100% for 100 seconds. Usable only once a day, and requires 1 skooma to cast. Can only be used during nighttime hours.

I was going to upload the werewolf plugin so Chris could upload it to DC however I ended up deleting it from the workshop because of a couple of Trolling idots who clearly must have thought the file I uploaded was a joke as it had no desription and the title told them not to download it, i f I can I will try again tonight.

mlee3141,

its nice that you are proposing your ideas but few of those racial abilities seem logical at all. like a high elf calling down light beams when that high elf could be a vampire and that would not make sense as sunlight harms vampires and khajiit being forced to consume a drug just to use their racial abilites and orcs needing to have finished a quest, so I have a few ideas for them and the more abilties each race has makes them truly diverse.

Nords -

Children of the Sky - for 10 seconds all shouts can be indefinitely used but drains 50 Health

Warcry - Make a single enemy flee from Battle

Intimidation - 15% Better at Intimidation
Frost Resistance - 30% Frost Resistance

Nordic Warfare - While wearing a full set of Nordic or Stahlrim Armor you gain a 10% magic Resistance

Imperials -

Red Diamond - Make any Enemy your follower for 120 seconds

Star of the West - All Followers are strengthened for 60 seconds

Persuasion - 15% better at Persuasion
Imperial Luck - Imperials Find more Gold

Imperial Warfare - While wearing a full set of Imperial or Steel Armor you gain a 10% Magic Resistance

High Elves -

Aldmeri Highborn - regenerates magicka faster for 20 seconds but also drains the users stamina over 40 seconds

Children of Auri'el - 25% Disease Resistance

Magical Vulnerability - 5% Magic Weakness

Aldmeri Warfare - While wearing a full set of Elven or Glass armor you gain a 10% magic resistance

Dark Elves -

Ancestors Rage Creates a cloak for 30 seconds that encases any nearby enemies in ash

Flames of Red Mountain 30% Fire Resistance

Dunmeri Warfare - While wearing a full set of Ebony, Chitin or Bonemold armor you gain a 10% resistance to magic

Orcs -

Orcish Fury - Deal Double damage but also take Double Damage

Orcish Pride - Deal Half Damage but also be able to take twice as much damage

Stronghold Training - Item's crafted by an Orc are 15% better

Child of Malacath - 5% magic Resistance

Orcish Warfare - While wearing a Full suit of Orcish armor you gain a 10% magic resistance

Wood Elves -
Call of Nature (Make all Animals non hostile to you for 120 seconds)

Wild Hunt (Increase Critical chance damage with a bow by 40% for 30 seconds)

Native of Valenwood (25% Disease Resistance, 25% Poison Resistance)

Bosmeri Warfare - While wearing a full suit of Hide or Scaled armor you gain a 10% magic Resistance

Bretons -

Dual Heritage - Absorb Spells for 20 seconds but drains 50 health

Dual Origin - 15% resistance to Magic

Breton Cuisine - 15% extra Bonus when eating food

Bretony Warfare - while wearing a full suit of Scaled or Steelplate armor you gain a 10% magic Resistance

Redguards -

Dualist Expertise - 15% Faster when dual wielding

Child of the Alik'r - 5% Faster on Land

Andrenaline - Stamina regenerates faster for 40 seconds but causes a loss of 50 health points
While wearing a full suit of Ebony armor of an Alik'r outfit you gain a 10% magic Resistance

Argonians -

Power of the Hist - Regenerate Health faster for 10 seconds however drains stamina for 20 seconds

Dry Scales - 5% slower when on land

Amphibious - Argonains Swim 5% faster and when it is raining they gain 25 stamina

Native of Argonia - 50% Disease Resistance 50% Poison Resistance

Waterbreathing - Argonains can breath underwater

Khajiit -

Night Eye - Khajiit can see in the dark
Khajiit Claws - Khajiit's do more damage while unarmed

Khajjit's presence - 25% cheaper prices at Khajiit Caravans, 5% more expensive items everywhere else

Wet Fur - Khajiit Swim 5% slower and lose 25 Stamina when it is raining
Feline prowess - Khajiit can jump 50% higher and can fall 50% further

I also have a few other quest related Ideas,,,,

Joining the Imperial legion will grant you better blessings from Akatosh

Joining the Stormcloaks will grant you better blessings from Talos

Completing the quest "Taste of Death" will make you an enemy of Arkay thus you will no longer be able to get his blessing

Completing the Dibella Temple quest will cause you to get better blessings from Dibella

Completing the Book of Love quest will cause you to get better blessings from Mara

Help Ondolomor arrest the Talos worshiper will make you an enemy of Talos

Joining the Dawnguard will cause you to get better blessings from Stendaar

Joining the Volkihar will make you an enemy of all the Divines

Edited by tx12001

I was going to upload the werewolf plugin so Chris could upload it to DC however I ended up deleting it from the workshop because of a couple of Trolling idots who clearly must have thought the file I uploaded was a joke as it had no desription and the title told them not to download it, i f I can I will try again tonight.

We have a private forum now over at DC to upload files and things, head over to Team Infinium forum http://www.darkcreations.org/forums/forum/864-members-only/

Yes mlee, thank you for the awesome suggestions!

Hey tx!

Nords -

Children of the Sky - for 10 seconds all shouts can be indefinitely used but drains 50 Health Does this drain 50 health over 10 seconds? or is it immediate drain of 50?

Warcry - Make a single enemy flee from Battle -That is a vanilla power for the nords

Intimidation - 15% Better at Intimidation - i like their barbaric culture being able to intimidate their foes
Frost Resistance - 30% Frost Resistance - This is a must have

Nordic Warfare - While wearing a full set of Nordic or Stahlrim Armor you gain a 10% magic Resistance - Unlockable ability?

Imperials -

Red Diamond - Make any Enemy your follower for 120 seconds - This one seems a bit strange, how would an imperial sway their opponent?

Star of the West - All Followers are strengthened for 60 seconds - I like this ability

Persuasion - 15% better at Persuasion Makes sense
Imperial Luck - Imperials Find more Gold - vanilla

Imperial Warfare - While wearing a full set of Imperial or Steel Armor you gain a 10% Magic Resistance - love conditionals

High Elves -

Aldmeri Highborn - regenerates magicka faster for 20 seconds but also drains the users stamina over 40 seconds - nice balancer

Children of Auri'el - 25% Disease Resistance - sounds good

Magical Vulnerability - 5% Magic Weakness - 10%?

Aldmeri Warfare - While wearing a full set of Elven or Glass armor you gain a 10% magic resistance - great!

Dark Elves -

Ancestors Rage Creates a cloak for 30 seconds that encases any nearby enemies in ash - takes care of flaming elves..lol

Flames of Red Mountain 30% Fire Resistance - cool

Dunmeri Warfare - While wearing a full set of Ebony, Chitin or Bonemold armor you gain a 10% resistance to magic - ha! Morrowind FTW!!

Orcs -

Orcish Fury - Deal Double damage but also take Double Damage - Good Balancer

Orcish Pride - Deal Half Damage but also be able to take twice as much damage <.<

Stronghold Training - Item's crafted by an Orc are 15% better - Yes!

Child of Malacath - 5% magic Resistance - I think there should be a higher increment for worshipping a deity

Orcish Warfare - While wearing a Full suit of Orcish armor you gain a 10% magic resistance - It Seems like all races are getting respective armor bonuses

Wood Elves -

Call of Nature (Make all Animals non hostile to you for 120 seconds) - **I like being able to tame an anaimal companion for the wild elves

Wild Hunt (Increase Critical chance damage with a bow by 40% for 30 seconds) - Interesting.. Could we have a wild hunt questline for the Bosmer?

Native of Valenwood (25% Disease Resistance, 25% Poison Resistance) - golden

Bosmeri Warfare - While wearing a full suit of Hide or Scaled armor you gain a 10% magic Resistance - Really want to allow bone crafting for bosmer, due to their high knowledge of bone crafting.

Bretons -

Dual Heritage - Absorb Spells for 20 seconds but drains 50 health - maybe instead of draining their health, drain their magicka so it would be a magical aura/ward like.

Dual Origin - 15% resistance to Magic - could this stack with [Dual Origin]

Breton Cuisine - 15% extra Bonus when eating food - Are we going to make food essential?

Bretony Warfare - while wearing a full suit of Scaled or Steelplate armor you gain a 10% magic Resistance - worried about this a tad.. Do most people play bretons with scaled or steel plate? most people I know use immersive armors, and skip those 2 specific armor types

Redguards -

Dualist Expertise - 15% Faster when dual wielding - Yep! Dual Scmitars!

Child of the Alik'r - 5% Faster on Land - hmmmm

Andrenaline Rush - Stamina regenerates faster for 40 seconds but causes a loss of 50 health points - Vanilla ability w/ a chance to die. Interesting
While wearing a full suit of Ebony armor of an Alik'r outfit you gain a 10% magic Resistance - I love ebony armor!!

Argonians -

Power of the Hist - Regenerate Health faster for 10 seconds however drains stamina for 20 seconds - you really like that Hist

Dry Scales - 5% slower when on land - Interesting

Amphibious - Argonains Swim 5% faster and when it is raining they gain 25 stamina - ok

Native of Argonia - 50% Disease Resistance 50% Poison Resistance - Perfect!

Waterbreathing - Argonains can breath underwater - This is a given since every game has kept this ability as well

Khajiit -

Night Eye - Khajiit can see in the dark - want this to adjust to light
Khajiit Claws - Khajiit's do more damage while unarmed - of course

Khajjit's presence - 25% cheaper prices at Khajiit Caravans, 5% more expensive items everywhere else - Love it! Fits with Khajiits being on the outside of cities since they arent really trusted

Wet Fur - Khajiit Swim 5% slower and lose 25 Stamina when it is raining - This is hilarious
Feline prowess - Khajiit can jump 50% higher and can fall 50% further - Yep!

==

Quests

==

I also have a few other quest related Ideas,,,,

Joining the Imperial legion will grant you better blessings from Akatosh - Yes!

Joining the Stormcloaks will grant you better blessings from Talos - Yes!

Completing the quest "Taste of Death" will make you an enemy of Arkay thus you will no longer be able to get his blessing - !love the twist

Completing the Dibella Temple quest will cause you to get better blessings from Dibella - Yes!

Completing the Book of Love quest will cause you to get better blessings from Mara - Yep!

Help Ondolomor arrest the Talos worshiper will make you an enemy of Talos - Yes! Sounds great

Joining the Dawnguard will cause you to get better blessings from Stendaar - I love the Dawnguard, I think you should have to save the priest first

Joining the Volkihar will make you an enemy of all the Divines - Yes because you are undead

These are my responses in blue..wooo that was a lot top respond to

Every ability I mentioned is a racial ability that every race starts out with so Child of Malacath is not a blessing

I would keep some vanilla abilities for more diversity and to be a bit more true to lore for instance battle cry makes every enemy within 100 feet flee and makes the ground shake because it has a stagger effect...unrealistic for a nobody just starting their adventure so the version which I call Warcry only effects one person and does not cause everything to fly off the shelves.

As for the bretons food ability, food will be important as remember you slowed down the healing rate tremendously from 0.700 to 0.100 so food can be used to increase your healing rate as for the armor type they can benefit wearing, I am not to sure about that one also yeah have their magic drain for their absorption ability

As for Orcish Pride, What I mean is you will deal 50% less damage but you will be able to receive 50% more damage, it would be exactly the opposite of the other ability they have

As for the Imperial abilty "Red Diamond" think of it like the imperial using their sharp charisma to persuade a foe to side with them or we could change it to make any non hostile NPC a follower for 120 seconds

- And yes all races get armor bonuses to wearing certain armor, getting more attack damage by wielding the corresponding weapons would be good as well.

- Just so you know wood elves are NOT Wild Elves, the Wild Elves was the common name for the Ayleids of Cyrodiil not the Bosmer of Valenwood

- Also the armor ability for the redguards should be called Yokudan Warfare and they should have a 25% poison resistance

Most of this can be accomplished with Keywords, Any Questions?

Edited by tx12001

Awesome to hear about keywords! Let me know some key word examples in PM and I will gladly add them in. I going to test Nords now I went with Blood Fued idea from mlee and one idea from you which was the frost resistance and used Glacial Bulwark name from mlee. I will get on those other abilities and powers right away. I love the team work!

The problem with that though is not all Nords hate Elves,some Nords like them, hell some are even married to them, look at Brunwulf free-winter, he is obviously helping elves so having an ability that does more damage to them does not make sense at all when you cant be sure whether the player actually likes them or not, it is why I did not mention it in the list, the last thing a player who has a nord who is married to an elf wants is to beable to accidently kill his wife easier because she is an elf.

If you really intend of having it might I suggest having it an unlockable ability that you gain if you are both a Nord and join the Stormcloaks or have it so if u join the stormcloaks you do 10% more damage to Imperial Soldiers and Vice versa so if you join the Imperial Army you do 10% more damage to Stormcloaks, perhaps there is a way to tie a similar system in so it is fair for every race.

Edited by tx12001