Project Development for Veritas

mlee3141

UPDATE: Changelog for Alpha 1.2

Here is what I have accomplished today! It was very productive.

====

-Added Nord Power Glacial Bulwark -Trait
-Added Nord Power War Cry -Power
-Added Imperial Power Red Diamond -Trait
-Added Altmer Aldmeri Highborn -Power
-Added Altmer Children of Auri'el -Trait
-Added Dunmer Ancestors Rage -Power
-Added Dunmer Flames of Red Mountain -Trait
-Changed Altmer Description
-Changed Dunmer Description
-Changed Nord Description
-Added Orc Child of Malacath -Trait
-Added Orchish fury -Power
-Changed Orc Description
-Added Bosmer Beast Tongue -Power
-Added Bosmer Native of Valenwood -Trait
-Changed Bosmer Description
-Added Breton Dual Origin -Trait
-Added Breton Dual Heritage -Power
-Changed Breton Description
-Added Redguard Adrenaline Rush -Power
-Added Argonian Power of the Hist -Power
-Added Argonian Native of Argonia -Trait
-Changed Argonian Description
====
I will test all of these tomorrow and will let you know if it is ready for a playtest... I also plan to add more powers and get Khajiit on the board as well! Thanks all for your awesome suggestions and feedback.
Also be on the look out for the Lycanthropy plugin for testing in the new playtest as well. I will get that tested out tomorrow as well thanks tx!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll playtest whenever the new plugin is out, I would love to see these new powers.

Thats what I'm talking about!! Some excitement! I am getting a late start today but I will have all the races with 1 passive trait and 1 power tonight. So I will be uploading Alpha 1.2 tonight around 10ish central time. I will also make an update post in this thread and Dc thread as well. What's evryone doing today

So I tested all 10 races today and these are my findings; I was unable to make any changes to the AI this build because I really wanted to focus on the races as this is super important for the project.

==

I. Wood Elf - Good all around race, Beast tongue is still under heavy development but basic functions work correctly.

1. Native of Valenwood needs the menu visual changed -BUG

II. Argonians - Lacking in unarmed combat but still a versatile race

1. Power of the Hist does not drain the stamina at all during its use. - BUG

III. Bretons - Work great, very strong magic users. No Bugs to report

IV. Dunmer - The Dunmer are still in need of balancing as they are not the best they can be

1. Need to change Name to better suit lore
  2. Missing a Power -BUG

V. Altmer - They are still the strongest caster race in the game, but I feel are lacking that special something.

1. Change Menu name to better fit lore
  2. Power doesnt drain stamina as it should -BUG

VI. Imperial - This seems to be the most generic race so far, needs some beefing

1. Missing passive trait -BUG
  2. Red Diamond Area needs to be decreased
  3. Red Diamond also only pacified the enemy did not make enemy into follower -BUG

VII. Khajiit - One of my more favored races, unarmed is great now

1. Feline Athletics speed needs to be decreased(You will see what I mean) -BUG

VIII. Nord - Not much to say other than still one of the baddest on the block when it comes to combat

1. Warcry did not work at all, it actually made the enemies more hostile -BUG

IX. Orismer - What a race!! With their carry weight and their smithing proficiency you could have a rolling tank in your first few levels.

1. Orcish Fury was able to wipe out the entire 6 bandits including Bandit Hunters, Bandit Shamaan, and a Beserker. -Needs Nurfing

X. Redguard - I didnt really see a difference, really felt "Vanilla"

1. Needs description changed
  2. Adrenaline Rush needs a new name and description along with the Menu UI changed

XI. Reachmen - went untested, thinking about removing Reachmen from the core and having them as an expansion. Thoughts on this?

==

All bugs will be reported to the Veritas Alpha Build 1.2 Bug Reports in the Veritas Support Section, and will be addressed as soon as possible. Alpha build 1.2 is a good step in the right direction in my opinion. However with this many bugs we will only leave 1.2 up for as long as it takes us to fix the bugs and then we will move on to Alpha 1.3 as it will be a bug fixed build and We can move on to testing the other powers and game mechanics.

*Side Note: I was unable to test any of the other plugins due to time winding down, I did have them enabled and I did not see anything detrimental but we definitely will need to test Lycanthropy and Artifacts more.

Update

We have been hard at work, creating powers, refining the races, balancing the game, tinkering with archery and fixing bugs, its all really been a productive week. I am looking to release Alpha 1.25 since this will contain a bunch of bug fixes. The change log is also updated every release. I will post more updates here and on dark creations, as we make more progress. Alpha 1.2 was a great alpha build and had a few bugs as you can see on the bug report here:Alpha 1.2 Bug Report

http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/saki/nuoveXT-2/128/Apps-screenshot-icon.png

Skull Orc Vampire

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/SnippyChris/Skyrim%20Level%20Tinkering/2014-10-18_00012_zpsae89cbcc.jpg

New Creature: Alpha Wolf

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/SnippyChris/Skyrim%20Level%20Tinkering/2014-10-18_00004_zps7a30004d.jpg

So what do you think so far? What was your favorite race to play?

Edited by SnippyChris

Hello All, I would like ask the team for an update on their progress for their respective sections. Just so I know how well we are doing for Build 1.25 this Friday? So you can message me or even post your update info in the thread. Thanks All!

Is everybody happy with the mod so far?

Busy with college and midterms; don't have time to write the questline (or do much of anything else, at the moment). Got several plot points down, one of which involves the Player dying when others can't to reach Aetherius, another concerning a betrayal. The story's more solid, and quite well-planned now. Should find time to write it out within a week or two.