All Newbies Read This Before Posting

Switch

Unless and until someone misbehaves, it'll never be an issue. :thumbsup:

You are absolutely correct that "account sharing" is a violation of the ToS and is one of the top-five reasons for dropping the Banhammer. (After; piracy, mod comment trolling/flaming, use of others' material, and creating a 2nd account.)

If multiple accounts for multiple people in the same household should ever become an issue, we have a number of ways of investigating what's going on, (starting with the unban request form) and can pretty easily come to an appropriate resolution. :laugh:

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I've published an Android app in the markets for helping mixing potions in Skyrim. It is ad-supported - not very intrusive I must say, but it displays ads.

It is not a mod - though it can be used along with Character Export by PROXiCiDE to auto-sync ingredients inventory while playing.

Would it be acceptable uploading that app to Skyrim Nexus?

I've seen pics, videos and sound have their own categories, but I have not found anything similar to my app in Skyrim Nexus.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Hi,

I've published an Android app in the markets for helping mixing potions in Skyrim. It is ad-supported - not very intrusive I must say, but it displays ads.

It is not a mod - though it can be used along with Character Export by PROXiCiDE to auto-sync ingredients inventory while playing.

I've seen pics, videos and sound have their own categories, but I have not found anything similar to my app in Skyrim Nexus.

Is your suggested upload a mod for the game, or for Android devices?

The Nexus is not a mobile phone "App Store". :armscrossed:

Hi,

Is your suggested upload a mod for the game, or for Android devices?

The Nexus is not a mobile phone "App Store". :armscrossed:

It is an Android app, as I said. I know Nexus is not an App Store, but I've seen other not-mod uploads. At least wallpapers, pics, music and videos. I have not seen any mobile app, and that was my reason for asking - I could not see it clearly allowed neither forbidden in the rules, but I did not see it out of scope, if other Skyrim-related-non-mod-uploads are ok. If it is not allowed, ok, that's all. Thank you anyway for your quick answer.

Edited by bytesinarow

WELCOME NEWBIES!

Whether you're new to the concept of online forums or regularly use them please take the time to read through this post to gain an understanding of how we run things around here.

CONTENTS

Chapter I - The Environment

Chapter II - SPAM

Chapter III - Flaming

Chapter IV - Trolling

Chapter V - Thread Necromancy

Chapter VI - Thread Hijacking

Chapter VII - Review Theft

Chapter VIII - Bad Advertising

Chapter IX - Vigilantism

Chapter X - Constructive Criticism

Chapter XI - Multiple Accounts

CHAPTER I - THE ENVIRONMENT

These forums are a place for people of all ages to talk about pretty much anything and everything but with a clearer focus on gaming. Despite the fact nearly all the members here are Morrowind or Oblivion players please respect the fact that not all members will be, and you don't need to be to post here.

We have members of all ages here, young and old. As a result the maturity of threads varies from thread to thread and I encourage people to simply move on to the next thread if they believe a thread's subject matter, or the things members are talking about, are below them. On a related note, speaking from 5+ years of running these forums, it is important for younger members to understand that a high post count does not mean you gain more respect or attention here. With this in mind please don't try to reply to every single active thread on these forums unless you have something useful to add to the conversation. Common sense really, but we do have many young folks come here who think posting in every thread will make them more popular and it is just not the case.

CHAPTER II - SPAM

Spam is...

1) Posting one liners. Replying to a thread and just saying something like "hey!" "yeah!" "lol" "I agree" "no" etc..

2) Posting the same thread/post repeatedly in order to gain attention.

3) Posting something completely off-topic (OT) that has nothing to do with the thread.

4) Posting in a thread to simply "bump" it back to the top of the forum listings with no additional or useful content.

CHAPTER III - Flaming

Flaming is...

Posting personally or generally insulting remarks towards someone else, or a group of people (examples include calling someone an "idiot" for having views different to your own or being particularly demeaning to someone who is younger than yourself).

CHAPTER IV - Trolling

Trolling is...

Deliberately attempting to goad people into a "flame war" (or, simply put, a "female dog fest") by posting disparaging remarks or comments that you know will incite a negative or nasty response.

CHAPTER V - Thread Necromancy

Thread Necromancy is...

Reviving a "dead thread" (a thread that has had no new posts in it for more than a month) with something that has no relevance to it. For example posting "hey cool" (see SPAM) or "that was really helpful, thanks".

Please look at the date of the last post in a thread before posting something that lacks any real substance. If it was a month or more ago you can assume that this thread is dead, and unless you have something constructive to add that will continue the discussion, don't bother.

CHAPTER VI - Thread Hijacking

Thread Hijacking is...

Posting something unrelated to the topic in order to gain attention for your post or simply to steer people off the main topic.

CHAPTER VII - Review Theft

Review Theft is...

The posting of, word for word, a review created by someone else on another site without giving proper credit to the original creator, thus making it appear as your own work. Not only is this theft, it's also seen as an easy +1 to post count, and hence it is considered spam. The idea of writing a review on a game or something else is to do it in your own words so people can view your opinion on it, not so they can read something ripped from another site that you're using to spam.

Chapter VIII - Bad Advertising

Bad advertising is...

The posting of links to a site you own or are a part of without a decent amount of information supplied with it. If you are new to the forums and begin by posting links to your own forums asking others to join your post(s) will more than likely be removed.

Chapter IX - Vigilantism

Vigilantism is...

Performing a moderators job or impersonating a moderator by telling someone they have done something wrong or against the rules. There is a "Report" button underneath each and every post on these forums -- if you believe someone has broken the rules please use this feature and a moderator will be there to sort it out pretty quickly. It is not your job to tell others what they can and cannot do on these forums.

Chapter X - Constructive Criticism

Constructive criticism is voicing your concern about an idea or implementation of a mod as well as providing a possible solution.

This requires both parts:

• Constructive = Providing a solution
  • Criticism = Voicing concern

Constructive criticism is NOT directed at any person or group of people. Any comments that are directed at people can fall under vigilantism, flaming and trolling.

Chapter XI - Multiple Accounts

Only one account per person please. If you can't post with your main account it's likely what you're writing isn't going to be productive in this community and you might find your old account removed too. The only exception to this rule are admins / moderators which have normal accounts for testing the site without elevated privileges.

Ok, I have one question. I've read the rules. Is it against the rules to post a website with Skyrim Console Codes/Cheats for the game? I wanted to make sure it is not a banning offense before I posted.

I'm probably incredibly dumb or blind on the subject, but is there a to prove if you own only one account in a household that may have multiple users? Currently from what I do know neither of my roommates have an account to any sites on the Nexus so I should be the only one. However in the future if one of them do make an account (Unlikely as it is still...) is there a means to prove that they're completely separate accounts for my IP? I want to know ahead of time should one of them ever decide as I really don't wanna give access to my account (Which I'm certain is against forum rules as well.) when I should be the only one who uses it.

Thank you.

I am glad you cleared this one up, because my son-in-law and daughter live with me. My son-in-law plays Skyrim as I do, but on xBox. I have both the PC and xBox versions. I am working on MOD's in my PC game. I want to make sure it is not against the rules to post a website on Nexus Forums of Skyrim Console Codes/Cheats for the PC version here on my profile. I've read the rules and didn't see anything that might be incorrect posting a site. It's basic info for those who are new like me, to increase their gaming experience. If it is a banning offense, I wont post the website.

There is not an issue with cheat codes/console codes for the PC.

However when you link to a site...maybe the page you know is just thee codes but the rest of the site is full of how to hack your xbox and pirate razor/cracks of Skyrim stuff? That will get you in trouble (as will many other things other sites have)

So....my advice is unless you know the content of that site pretty well I would proceed with caution.

It is an Android app, as I said. I know Nexus is not an App Store, but I've seen other not-mod uploads. At least wallpapers, pics, music and videos. I have not seen any mobile app, and that was my reason for asking - I could not see it clearly allowed neither forbidden in the rules, but I did not see it out of scope, if other Skyrim-related-non-mod-uploads are ok. If it is not allowed, ok, that's all. Thank you anyway for your quick answer.

Maybe you could add an image of to the imageshare and point people towards the store where they can get it, you won't have to repeatedly explain how to install third party non market apps that way either, maybe throw a QR code into the description.