Day Dreams of a Spaced out Old Man

Deleted54170User

There's some guy whose name just slips right of my mind except when a brand of peanut butter on the store shelf catches my eye. I just cannot believe he would sponsor such delicious goo. It sticks to the roof of our mouth and we have to lick at the gooey stuff to get it down or sip a warm flavored drink to loosen it's hold on our teeth and gums.

Oh! He can fly! That's right, he can fly! He must not eat any stuff that would weigh him down so he can't escape that dastardly hook handed guy.

I think I will go heat up a pan to fry some bacon in. Pan, pan, hm?

Well excuse me for a moment I have to borrow some money from Mother's cookie jar to give to Peter so he can go and get some chicken eggs that he wants to add to the meal. Get some bread too to toast! AND BUTTER! While you're at it.

I'll learn how to cook like Mother did, one day, but us guys have a code. Never to get in Mother's way when she is cooking.

Wendy is gone right now so we have to fend for our selves in the kitchen. I know how to cook bacon.

BAM! BAM!

Oh! Look who is here! Must have smelled that delicious aroma of bacon drifting on the air? Hey! Hook! How ya Doing?!

Arg! Is there room for one more at the table matey?

Sure!

Do you have any coffee? I see you've still not gotten any of the NEXUSMODS logo cups. Would you like me to see about picking up some up when me and my shipmates are raiding in their harbor next time?

Sure! Can I go this time?!

You know the rules matey. You have to be a pirate or you can't swagger and shine enough to make the ladies swoon while you're picking the gems and jewels off their bodices. We can't break the rules now!

While I sit here pondering my life I question my agenda. Seems I am just existing? No one to report to, no one reporting to me.

That's the life of a Pvt. Bottom of the rank and file, last man to know, and know all too well I'll be the last man standing because all those in rank above me keep telling me they have nothing for me to do. So I just sit around as the message on the repeating screen says, Please Stand By.

I sat down and no one yelled at me to get up on my feet again.

I could lay down too, but I have done that for long enough.

Oh! What do to, what to do?

Now about the other stuff. What might be called the afterlife.

I've been on a country road.

No gravel.

Two dirt lines outside a farmers field

a sign appeared that says No paths ahead.

I can see trails made by the wildlife.

I can see where the grass and plants have been trampled.

I can see trees along the sides of mountains

side by side like a wall of green shade.

I see the meadow grass waving in the breeze.

I see the flowers, birds and bees, the beetles and ants, spiders and flies.

Snakes, turtles, frogs on a lily pad, on a pond.

Deer, mountain goats, mountain sheep

There's even a coyote not far away.

No wolves!

Thanks goodness.

Oh! What would my afterlife be like living in the wild?

Everything looks so alive, and yet, a sign says; DEAD END.

I think it should say "No Roads Ahead" for the vehicle I have got.

Maybe I will get out and walk?

The wind is gently making all the wilderness look inviting. Waving!

I look it over.

If I were to leave the vehicle I could continue on and on.

I wonder if I do, will I learn to bare my flesh like the other creatures do?

Will I learn to accept the weather?

The way it changes like it does?

Will I become tolerant of living off the what the wilderness provides?

Will doing that cost me my life?

Or just the vehicle, the clothes, the shoes, and maybe I might die of loneliness without my mobile phone?

Hm? If I do it will I perish and never hear a friendly call again?

Or in the days that are the future will more people do it and I'll end up with new friends starting a village?

Hm? Not today! I have some food I don't want to go to waste.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched an entire series of movies that were a little over an hour each about Angels and Humans, with Christopher Walken The Prophecy playing an Angel.

I didn't even dream about angels or heaven or hell, or anything. I recall that I barely slept, because I barely had any sleep after the last movie in the series which he wasn't even playing in.

The Prophecy! 1995

The Prophecy collection.

• 2 weeks later...

I had brain fog. I got the latest Covid-19 booster shot. My mind is so clear I remember stuff that was being hindered by something older than Covid-19. An hour after I got the shot at the Veterans Outpatient walk-in I had a meeting with a person I had been visiting with to discuss a problem with some property I have. I had a good conversation without the struggle to keep my thoughts in order and easily stayed focused on the previous points to recall so I comprehended where we were so far and what we were talking about. Two hours later I was looking at some paper work and it was obvious I had not been making sense of it.

I corrected my work.

Halloween? I decided I had better look at the short bundle of words I wrote. It looked like a good story when I wrote the words down. After getting the booster shot I reread the words for my Halloween story I planned to post on the 31st. While I read, I noticed something familiar.

I was writing clip notes preparing them for a play. I remembered having worked as an actor in the play Six Characters in search of an author. I have a copy of the actors parts. I remembered how I failed to realize I had a part in the play and wasn't just a prompter at the little live theater the troupe was staging it. I took a moment to remember.

Now I know what spawned the idea I was writing a novel. I was rehearsing.

It's been a mad mad mad mad day to day life since I had what ever was fogging my brain up. Now that I am aware of what is keeping me alive; my life just got a little bit better on the one hand.

It's going to be harder to keep it up though, now that I know that Death's been busy; like when Mom used to chase me to get me ready for a bath.

Catch me if you can!

Thanks for bearing with me.

Later!

Here's a true story for you.

I was talking with another Veteran at the VA Walk-in. I turned the topic over to him and next thing I know he's talking about his pains. I got as far as finding out he was three years older than me before he shifted gears again back to getting on. I turned the topic for about him.

He wouldn't talk about his experiences. He never must have stopped to look around while in the country when he was in Vietnam. Just wanted to talk about his back pain, his legs being sore, his knees aching. He mentioned he used those electric riding shopping carts a few times but didn't like them. He leaned on his cane with one hand and slouched a little. Then said, anymore I am just hanging on waiting for the day I go.

I looked him in the eyes and asked, There must be something that keeps you up and about?

No!

I looked him over and gave him the Marine Corps physical fitness exam and reported. If you stood up straight and took the weight pulling on your spine from your belly you wouldn't have so much back pain.

I explained that when I walk with the grocery cart I used tp put my weight on the cart and lean. It gave me back pain I wouldn't like to remember. I said, I practiced standing up straight and pushed to cart without leaning on it. Knowing I had that for support if I needed it I discovered my back hurt less.

He gave me a few more reasons for waiting for the day that he was going to die.

Since he was three years older then me I guessed he showed me up.

I turned the topic to our television days and Popular Science and Popular Mechanic magazines. How they prompted us to believe that one day in our future there would be many wondrous things. I included the vehicles into the topic. He drooped a little. Grimaced some more. Nothing I said did a thing to boost his spirit even little bit.

I remember that he didn't even imagine anything, like The Jetsons Car. The Popular Science magazine suggested that kind vehicle would be the ladies delight one day. Even had a picture of a woman in the bubble dome flying saucer with no propellers. Suspended in the air by using gravity resistance and pull. The magazine came out with that picture long before the cartoon show, The Jetsons.

The fellow and I never even had a pause to detour to that subject again. I just said, I kind of want to be around when they actually make a vehicle like that. I began to feel like he was implying. Like I am just waiting for my end of life.

Since we didn't hit it off on any topic that he brought up and he didn't delight in the future; I said farewell. I immediately started pondering what I would do if I can't wait for the vehicle companies to produce a vehicle like Popular Science or Popular Mechanics predicted. Doesn't have to be a Jetson Style or their predicted on that came out before the Jetson's Show.

I decided the difference between me and the idea of waiting for my end day is, I've got an imagination still. I see this world as a bundle of surprise packages. I haven't been disappointed with that way of thinking.

After my last flu shot I came back from the gloom. The brain fog lifted and I start seeing a path to the future again. I may slip off again into the Space out old man mentality again. I don't care! I am not given up the life I have because someone has a death wish after living with their pain for so long they can't stand living any longer. I have been in that state of mind once or twice. Mostly when I am having those days when my mind seems troubled by simply not remembering a password. An IMPORTANT THING LIKE THAT! Seriously, what if I forget who I am?

I am focused on living in this life as I have, because it's the only life I know I have. If my journal of dream recollections doesn't seem better, some times it did, but not always. Dreams while I sleep give me a view of life that somehow might be better IF and that's a big if.

If this is hell, I might want to die more often in this reality. What if it isn't hell. What if even Hell doesn't really exist? Then what? If this isn't heaven, waiting around to die is like saying, I have done all my chores, I have become worn out, I deserve to go to a better place. Just because I am old it doesn't seem like waiting for the day to come is a good plan for the day. That day when I die may be won't happen for awhile, and doesn't seem like a good idea now.

Now that I am even able to write my sentences without rewriting and rethinking at this time it's like heaven to me. Maybe tomorrow I will awaken and not have the clarity of mind like I do now. I am not going to spend the rest of my day thinking about dying though. I'm planning to keep my mind active by learning something new, being mischievous in a way it will cause some fun, but no disasters. To avoid mixing it up so disasters happen I can play Skyrim, Fallout, or now-a-days No Man's Sky too. I have a cartoon like vehicle that is as close as I can get for the moment to having a vehicle like George Jetson. So far though, I am using more fingers and my thumbs to write this and in his day to day work he used one finger to push one button at work.

"George Jetson's work week consists of an hour a day, two days a week. His boss is Cosmo Spacely, the bombastic owner of Spacely Space Sprockets." I haven't seen any employment like that! Even the 36 Hour a week jobs I have read about have people complaining. Only their complaints are that they don't have enough hours of work to make a living like they would like.

Many of the members here have posted that they are using their spare time to mod. I think that's great idea! During my youth I never had any time off any day of the week, even the holiday activities we shared we all had a part to work at to make our time off enjoyable. And now that I am in the standby status I work 24/7 doing what I used to do for 8 hours a week. No vacation time, no fringe benefits, and no worries because I can do all the necessary home life chores, put my own band aides on, most of the time, and hunt like a man at the grocery store while women shop.

Hey! This is heaven my opinion. I don't have time to wait to die. When it happens I won't likely even think about it then. I probably won't have time to think about it! :laugh:

Besides... There is a person who has made a vehicle that has named it a Jetson's Car. I saw a video of it yesterday at Technovelgy dot com. Jetson vehicle It isn't what my memories recall and doesn't appear to have what will satiate my interest. Hey! Someone is spending their free time creatively. That's what I do. Maybe I should stop waiting for the day when that Popular Science or Popular Mechanics vehicle appears and go create it. That will take a little time adding more work to my long list of required daily routines. Hm? Maybe I can squeeze twenty minutes a day, every other day, five days a week from my routines so I can make it myself? Maybe.

Have a great day! :smile:

In the likely chance I ever am enabled to rewrite the words to the header for the thread's; with the words in the title, I would only change the part describing that there were more then one peeps (people) who suggested that I do something worthwhile.

The title would then be more accurate and be,

:geek: "Day Dreams of Spaced Out older People" :happy:

:laugh: Stage right; Curtain (closed) Stage left :sad:

• 2 weeks later...

Did you know that I know what you know that you knew I know you knew and you know I know?

I went for a stroll,

out on the street,

Billy and the Poor guys,

were throwing,

nickles at the wall.

Seems kind of senseless,

Their momma didn't call,

Shout out to them,

to get in,

before the dinner

got cold.

They chose to persist,