Crash To Desktop (CTD) Cure-All

BlindLookout

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hail...

I crash to desktop every time I reach the steps of Faneuil Hall, and the alleys to either side. Load another save or change Armor etc doesn't work...

I got only this WorldinFire Mod-Package, and don't use NMM or FoMM

solved, i don't know how or what idid, but it works now...

Edited by NSGM

Hang on, the other files in there are HUGE files. Like some are over 2gb. (Mostly BA2 files)

Deleting them only made me crash before the game even started.

What am I missing here?

Go to steam and verify cache, the method suggested deletes some files that are required to run the game, verifing the cache will reinstall these files. I did this and now my game is fine apart from a couple of CTD and texture issues caused by out-of-date mods.

I don't think this is a cure-all. My game kept crashing due to memory problems. I thought my game was crashing because i had a bad mod so I tried the cure-all. But it didn't fix anything. I finally figured out I had to turn steam synchronization on. Apparently if you have steam synch on and then turn it off bad things can happen.

Edited by bedsidetrash

• 3 months later...

If you can't even get to the main menu then you still have a mod enabled. When it crashes at start up 99.99% of the time it is because a mod is dependent on another mod that either isn't there are is set to load after.

Open the NMM and look at the plugins, is one of them red? If one is red click on it and read the text in the box on the right to see what mod it needs to run.

I had my game running perfect for months, running 20 mods or so. I decided to download the West Tek Tactical Optics mod. I installed it and when I went to play my game, at the main menu as soon as I select continue or and of my saved games to load, it crashes. So I un-installed the optics mod and tried again. Same thing. I looked through everything and I couldn't find any issues. So, I tried disabling each mod and looked for anything extra other than strings and videos. I did find a file that had something from the Optics mod, so I deleted it and re-enabled each mod making sure to check as you said and everything looked good. But, no, same thing. Frustrated and now out of time as I don't have much to play with the exception of every Tuesday night, I bookmarked all the mods I had and un-installed every mod and the NMM. And I restarted my laptop entered steam to verify my games cache, which came up with no issues at all. I was feeling fairly confident that at the main menu, the continue or saved games would load without a hitch. But no, still it crashes. And I've never had an issue before. Don't get me wrong, I am in no way insinuating that the West Tek Tactical Optics mod was the cause of whatevers going on. I just want to make that clear. So I tried to start a new game just to see and to my amazement, it worked without any issues. That is without NMM and any mods installed. I have yet to try un-installing and re-installing the actual Fallout 4 game on my laptop as you did have as a to try at the very last thing to do on your list. I would rather not have to do that as it does consume a large amount of bandwidth. Nor have I re-installed NMM and all of my bookmarked mods either. I am hoping that you or someone reading rhis has any kind is solution for me to at least try. Because at this point. I've lost the countless hours I've put into my saved games and I have to re-download all my mods and get them all in order. This is just a absolute nightmare. And btw, I did try to download the mod "Crash to Desktop (CTD) Cure all" file but I from what I remember, it seemed a little over my head. Anyways, any tips, advice and/or possible solutions would be extremely appreciated! I just want to play my game. And I have already purchased the first dlc "Automatron" and I was very much so looking forward to purchasing the other two. Plus the creation kit was just released. Like worst timing ever or what. So if you have anything for me to try, anything at all, please let me know. Thanks again!