Favourite "old" game?

OblivionMajorMODDER

I would like to add one of my favourite old games. Mine would be Gran Turismo 2 on the PS1. I love all GT's but this one is my particular favourite. I find with the modern ones, rewards come too easily. Cars are just gifted. But in the older ones, you really have to work hard for the rewards and the feeling of achievement is much, much higher.

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to add one of my favourite old games. Mine would be Gran Turismo 2 on the PS1. I love all GT's but this one is my particular favourite. I find with the modern ones, rewards come too easily. Cars are just gifted. But in the older ones, you really have to work hard for the rewards and the feeling of achievement is much, much higher.

Achievement unlocked

100G - Opinionated

:laugh:

Man you take me back to the glorious days of fightning for weeks just to see that one low res 30-60 second cutscene endning or that one locked character.

R4 is pretty cool too, CTR was a pretty nice racing game aswell.

I don't know if you played the Midnight Club series on ps2 but they had a pretty nice reward system too based on winning in different vehicle classes and earing money.

Even though its nice that you can but more content through DLC these days I hate the 4th wall breaking blacked out stuff appearing, its like "Hey you could have it so much easier with this!".

To me achivements feels like some kind of meta-gaming, on one hand I like it but on one hand I really hate it.

Hey! I'm new :3 I just wanna know what everyone's favourite "old" game is... I meanlike older than 2005.. mine is Morrowind XD Major Elder Scrolls fan... Can I has Fishy Stick...?

I have not heard fishy stick in so long. That's an actual classic.

Tekken 5 has always been the go to "old game" that I go to. Although Ace Combat Zero and Super Smash Bros. Melee come up in my mind time to time. Melee came out a little over a week before I was born, so it's definitely the oldest game of the bunch.

• 6 months later...

I don't have a single favorite old game

Most of the old games I liked the most are from the PSX era and early 2000s.

Tekken 3: it was my favorite fighting game and it was beautiful.

Syphon Philter: it was a nice secret agent stealth game.

Crash Team Racing:, it wasn't as popular as Mario Kart but I personally think it was waaaaay better and way too underrated.
Ace Combat 3: it was one of the most atmospheric games I've ever played (no pun intended) it was also mind-blowing because of the space fights and weird but cool fighter jets.

Those are just some of the ones I liked the most on PSX, I played a lot of RTS on PC back then

Age of Empires II: The very first RTS I played on PC, I still have fond memories of the gameplay and the menu.
Empire Earth: This game was similar to Age of Empires II but you could progress all the way from primitive ages to the space ages.
Age of Mythology: is also a pretty good game, similar to Age of Empires II but it was all about mythology just like the name says, it was a pretty polished game but very underrated.
Starcraft (1998): The RTS I spent most of my times on, specially on the scenario editor, the game was simplistic but also complex... a masterpiece, even.

Besides RTS on PC I also played some first person shooters like:
Halo CE
UT2004
Quake 4
Battlefield 1942

there are more but these are my favourites.

I suddenly remembered Virtua Cop 2 on PC, pretty good Arcade shooter!

Edited by RedPyroge

On PS1 I love Crash Bandicoot 2 & 3 and Tekken 3, but the crown of my favourite PS1's game is sit on Sir Daniel Fortesque's head: MediEvil. I like the sequel but the first one was the best.

On PS2 i spent lot of time on Castlevania Curse of Darkness, defenitely my favourite game on PS2.

On PC, yesterday like today, I love Mafia and Age of Mythology, I still play both of them on Steam. The original one for Mafia and the EE for AoM. I found AoE only a few years ago with AoE3 Definitive Edition, when I was a kid I never found the original AoE game disc. Sadly.

Really hyped for the release of Age of Mythology Definitive Edition as well!

I don't have a single favorite old game

Most of the old games I liked the most are from the PSX era and early 2000s.

Tekken 3: it was my favorite fighting game and it was beautiful.

Syphon Philter: it was a nice secret agent stealth game.

Crash Team Racing:, it wasn't as popular as Mario Kart but I personally think it was waaaaay better and way too underrated.
Ace Combat 3: it was one of the most atmospheric games I've ever played (no pun intended) it was also mind-blowing because of the space fights and weird but cool fighter jets.

Those are just some of the ones I liked the most on PSX, I played a lot of RTS on PC back then

Age of Empires II: The very first RTS I played on PC, I still have fond memories of the gameplay and the menu.
Empire Earth: This game was similar to Age of Empires II but you could progress all the way from primitive ages to the space ages.
Age of Mythology: is also a pretty good game, similar to Age of Empires II but it was all about mythology just like the name says, it was a pretty polished game but very underrated.
Starcraft (1998): The RTS I spent most of my times on, specially on the scenario editor, the game was simplistic but also complex... a masterpiece, even.

Besides RTS on PC I also played some first person shooters like:
Halo CE
UT2004
Quake 4
Battlefield 1942

there are more but these are my favourites.

I suddenly remembered Virtua Cop 2 on PC, pretty good Arcade shooter!

Really love to see someone include AoM in a top list :wub:

Edited by UnjiMost380

• 1 month later...

It is hard to pin down but, I will try my best to answer. One of my favorite old videogames is the original Luigi's Mansion on the Nintendo GameCube. The mechanics of the game are very well done and there was a lot of care put into it. Plus all the secrets and stuff are pretty neat too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...