⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

DDP MY MODS ARE DOWN, COMMENCE ATTACK ON BETHESDAS MAIN PLATFORM

DDProductions83

I still say we need a DDOS on the site until they sort it out.

The last thing we need to do is take hostile actions and have the powers that be ignore us completly and or take legal action against the nexus because talk of illegal actions started here. Trust me if that's the road you go down Robin will be served with legal crap so fast our collective heads will spin. There's no way in hell the nexus could take on zenimax lawyers and win.

Plenty of large companies have lost suits to smaller legal teams. Its hardly unheard of. That being said it probably wouldn't be the best idea to try and bring down beth's site. Or, if you are, make sure to talk about it somewhere else but here. Like seriously never mention doing it on nexus again, that really isnt a smart idea. However if legal action were to be pursued by beth over it I have a hard time seeing how beth would even rationalize the situation to a judge let alone win that case. They would essentially have to admit to the fact that they were hosting what could be construed as stolen content on their site which a court would look at incredibly unfavorably especially if beth takes no action to curb the thefts. Its more likely that beth would just get pissed off and ignore the thefts rather than pursue any legal action over it.

Always figured if push came to shove the unpaid labor of modding would hold up well in court.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really sorry you and other mod authors are having to deal with this nonsense. I have Fallout 4 for console and was really looking forward to downloading some mods for it, but between the 2gb limit, the achievements being disabled, and now the mod piracy that Bethesda isn't doing enough about I just don't feel like it anymore. I was even thinking of buying the inevitable Legendary Edition on Steam and taking advantage of their refund policy if the game runs like crap on my current PC, but now I'm starting to seriously debate if I'll even do that, if I do it probably won't be until there's a big discount on it.

The worst part Crimson is I was planning on grabbing FO4 for my xboxone on sat (Last sat b4 this s***) so I could make sure to test my crap and bug clean it for consoles rofl, so bethesda gets to make money off me for advertising, get bragging rights about mods, F me in the ass on their website, and not punish people who steal my stuff, yep the guy who blatantly stole my mods and mocked me about it is still there, and still posting. I highlighted it in the second vid here

To note there was one AWESOME ASS MOTHER f***er WHO LAYED THE SLAP DOWN HARD WITH THE LONG SCHLONG OF LOGIC to grandstaff, then he deleted his post so I did him the favor of not showing his name at the end. Just repost that man, seriously.

Gah... "Look at what you made me do" is always the response this sort of creature makes when called upon its actions, isn't it? (Reading the bleat featured at the beginning of the video.)

The worst part Crimson is I was planning on grabbing FO4 for my xboxone on sat (Last sat b4 this s***) so I could make sure to test my crap and bug clean it for consoles rofl, so bethesda gets to make money off me for advertising, get bragging rights about mods, F me in the ass on their website, and not punish people who steal my stuff, yep the guy who blatantly stole my mods and mocked me about it is still there, and still posting. I highlighted it in the second vid here

To note there was one AWESOME ASS MOTHER f***er WHO LAYED THE SLAP DOWN HARD WITH THE LONG SCHLONG OF LOGIC to grandstaff, then he deleted his post so I did him the favor of not showing his name at the end. Just repost that man, seriously.

The trumpet fanfare sounds like the instrument was being blown via someone's backside. How appropriate.

I hope that means that they're seriously taking their damn time to think about a solution for the mess they created.
They really dont have to put it back online as fast as possible - Id prefer to see it down for a few days until they went through all files and kinda figured out what to do next.

Whatever, could just be a random standard maintenance as well though :D

This whole situation really pisses me off. Why cant people just respect each other and the content others create? Especially because console members are consumers only. It's not like they're giving us anything back. I've got a huge load of awesome files on my computer that just wait to get turned into FO4 mods, but right now I seriously ponder if I want to submit anything in the near future.