DDP MY MODS ARE DOWN, COMMENCE ATTACK ON BETHESDAS MAIN PLATFORM

DDProductions83

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting a bad feeling this is gonna escalate...

I got a feeling you're physic.

Honestly, yeah the stealing is an issue. But the sort of funny part? I put my mod on beth this morning, and everyone who's commented has been very nice and friendly. Ok yes I'm totally avoiding the forms on beth.net cuz reasons I've explained in other threads, but so far uploading to beth for xbox has been a positive experience. Though some may disagree from experience.

Same here. It's only a minority of users that are causing trouble. My rage is directed at Bethesda, and justifiably so. After the BS of the past FIVE YEARS from Bethesdimax, I'm about through with 'em.

*November 2011: Skyrim and all it's DLC are released with a 30-day Xbox exclusivity.

*Spring 2015: Bethesda springs paid mods with no warning, and with a system no better than the current craptastic ...thing.

*November 2015: Fallout 4 is released, BUT those who bought a hard copy still had to download 80% of the game anyway.

*Today: Bethesda takes a huge steaming dump on mod authors as a group, and by extension the users of those mods as well.

I can't see any short term fix...while Beth.net still functions, mods will continue to be at risk of being poached from Nexus. I'm no modder, but I'll support any decision you folk take, and good luck taking the fight to Zenimax.

Beth PR machine is hard at work http://www.inquisitr.com/3176503/bethesda-wants-to-protect-fallout-4-mod-creations-on-xbox-one-pc/

Going to be hard to spin "modders removing content from beth.net in droves" though

I think it's absolutely preposterous for them to expect mod creators, who do this as a hobby to have "legal counsel" to submit formal paperwork and such.

Zenimax believes (as corporate policy where corporate rules are, by definition, above the laws of nations- see the thinking of Apple, Microsoft, Google for examples of the same) that it OWNS the rights to all mods made for Beth games, and thus has zero issue with wholesale stealing of mods to populate Beth.net.

Incorrect:

2. GAME MODS; OWNERSHIP AND LICENSE TO ZENIMAX

A. Ownership. As between You and ZeniMax, You are the owner of Your Game Mods and all intellectual property rights therein, subject to the licenses You grant to ZeniMax in this Agreement.

That you didn't even know this basic information casts the rest of your screed into serious doubt. Plus it reads like illuminati conspiracy bullshit.

Getting a bad feeling this is gonna escalate...

I got a feeling you're physic.

Honestly, yeah the stealing is an issue. But the sort of funny part? I put my mod on beth this morning, and everyone who's commented has been very nice and friendly. Ok yes I'm totally avoiding the forms on beth.net cuz reasons I've explained in other threads, but so far uploading to beth for xbox has been a positive experience. Though some may disagree from experience.

I haven't really had any problems with the folks who are posting on the two entries I have. Other than the usual stuff we all generally complain about with ignorant users etc :tongue:

I think it's absolutely preposterous for them to expect mod creators, who do this as a hobby to have "legal counsel" to submit formal paperwork and such.

One does not NEED to hire counsel to file DMCA claims. I've done this several times (though only once for a mod) and never once had to pay a lawyer. I only even spent any real money at all on one of them when I had to send it certified mail to make sure the company actually got the letter.

The lawyer stuff only becomes necessary if Bethesda rejects the notice or somehow a thief convinces them through a counter claim that they're the real author. THEN you'd need to sue, and at that point you'd better hope you had the foresight to register your copyright when you published.

Actions like this just make you look like an angry 12 year old dude. Cutting off the nose to spite the face

I do get that someone else uploaded your mods to beth net but taking your mods away from the nexus general community is extreme.

I for one will not be downloading any more of your stuff.

Lol, you can't anyway.

Actions like this just make you look like an angry 12 year old dude. Cutting off the nose to spite the face

I do get that someone else uploaded your mods to beth net but taking your mods away from the nexus general community is extreme.

I for one will not be downloading any more of your stuff.

Dude, I don't think he really cares. He doesn't mod for you, he mod's for himself. He is not a retailer where his motto is "the customer is always right" and bends over backwards to kiss everyone's arse.