Skyrim Remaster Is True | Hide The Mods |

deadblood01

Well its free if you own skyrim and all its DLCs or the legendary edition.

Question is will SKSE work? and a follow up question why in the hell is it still necessary? didn't Bethesda get a clue the first time? why wasn't something like this not already built in?

It blows my mind.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question is will SKSE work? and a follow up question why in the hell is it still necessary? didn't Bethesda get a clue the first time? why wasn't something like this not already built in?

It blows my mind.

what exactly does skse do for skyrim and let mods work on it?

what exactly does skse do for skyrim and let mods work on it?

The video is a bit old I suppose, but it should help you understand what SKSE is.

Skyrim Script Extender:

Edited by DaddyDirection

Hi guys.

I totally understand your emotions! I'm tring right now to build in a decent way my modded Skyrim and discover this make me have a GOOD and BAD feeling together.

Can be possibile, maybe, make a Backup of Skyrim on another disk (different from the SteamApp location one) and just upgrade and have both games works? I'm talking in the case the upgrade is automatically downloaded by our steam application and is not a different game as they say.

I think this tought is weird as the emotions we have XD

snip

Bethesda have already confirmed that significant new security measures are coming to Bethesda.net to tackle mod piracy - most notably, all Bethesda.net accounts will need to be associated with a Steam account that owns Fallout 4. If that account is banned for mod piracy, your Steam account is entirely barred from Bethesda.net forever. That means mod pirates who want to repeatedly offend will need to continually re-buy Skyrim.

I honestly think the console mod piracy thing is a mountain being made out of a molehill. Obviously it sucks and I have no sympathy whatsoever for console mod pirates - but the exact same thing was happening with the Steam Workshop back when that first released. It's just a teething trouble of the new platform, and it'll be ironed out over time.

I am reposting this because it needs to be read and passed on. This is good news.

Calling it: those measures will be inefficient.

If it's enforced it will work. The question is are they capable of moderating enough to enforce them. The next step would be to work with Microsoft and punish at the gamertag level. Microsoft isn't shy about banning GTs.

So many negative Nancy's in this thread and other related ones. Chill the f*** out, we have a couple months till this releases to ask pertinent questions. Someone said this was a 'dirty cash grab' which is kind of silly, downright stupid thing to say since they [bethesda] had to spend time and money to develop this remastered version of the game and are offering free upgrades. Sure, to qualify you have to meet the criteria they set, however if you enjoyed this game in the slightest you qualify. The real question people should be asking is for the specs of the remastered version, is this going to be 64bit DX11+ or what? So yeah just chill with the hyperbole and start pestering the persons with the info on the specs.

*sigh* I called this one yesterday but I wasn't being a "Negative" just a realist; and IT IS a cash-grab. The only "TIME and MONEY" they spent was on the technical side to turn this into a 64-bit, not out of love but because they WANT Skyrim to work on current gen 64-bit consoles; and according to their official press release on beth.net the only changes are: improved arts (textures, most likely the same Official 2K Hi Res ones we already have on PC) and effects, New shaders, God rays, reflections and dynamic DoF (courtesy of DX11) along with all the DLCs and a HUGE emphasis on the MODS aspect of things. (from Bethesda.net:

"Skyrim Special Edition also brings the full power of PC mods to consoles. New quests, environments, characters, dialogue, armor, weapons and more – with Mods, there are no limits to what you can experience."

They did NOT recreate the music, write a storyline, create new meshes, add extra gameplay features and everything else in between. I don't even think they re-coded the quests. So excuse me if I fail to see their "good will" in this. If this was a remaster of Morrowind or Oblivion, heck or even a Skyrim SE with a new DLC, I would understand and welcome their initiative with an open arm, but they chose not to go with those because they DO require a lot of "time and money".

And for the love of whatever you believe in, please stop it with the "But it's FREE!" thing, because Modders won't just "BUY" the new version to mod it so that Console players can enjoy their mods, without the immediate availability of Skyrim SE to modders, there won't be mods for consoles, and there goes their selling point for the game!

With that being said, Skyrim SE is now a "thing"... it'll be here and it's 64-bit and I won't mind downloading and using it if the community embraced it.

It blows my mind.

SKSE is known to be updated with every version release of Skyrim, with that said, the New Skyrim isn't just a new version, it'll have a different base (That's why it's not an update but a totally standalone listing) so it's more likely than not that SKSE won't be compatible.

And to answer your second question; because they'd have to rebuild their papyrus/engine if they plan on incorporating SKSE features in here, what they're doing is simply re-releasing Skyrim (with all DLC's, the Official 2K Textures and few bells and whistles on current gen platforms and the Keyword is in the naming; hence it's called Skyrim "Special Edition" and not "Remastered" or even "Definitive".

SKSE isn't just simple add-ons, when it comes to modding, there will always be Script Extenders like SKSE; the purpose of SKSE in my understanding is to "extend" whatever scripts already built into the game with more functions, calls... etc. enabling the modder broader control on how to make the game do certain things that wouldn't have been possible with the vanilla engine.

You can't blame Bethesda for not "Building in" SKSE features since they have no way of knowing "Everything" the modder needs, they build what they feel is efficient and needed to cover their requirements and move on, rightly so if I may say so myself. Modders on the other hand are a creative bunch, they use the tools provided to them by Bethesda and make note of what more they want out of the engine, and SKSE is their ticket in; providing them with the tools needed to accomplish those "out of the box" tasks they want to implement by hacking into the engine. :smile:

I don't think any of these mods are real? I'm guessing all the mods released will work, it would be weird if they don't.

The Imperial soldier in the screenshot uses a cape/cloak, it looks like it's from the "Cloaks of Skyrim" mod.

Most likely they made their own mods for testing purposes. But also, unless they plan on releasing some sort of Skyrim beta or early release for pc, people will most likely be expecting day one mods. .. which would pretty much be impossible on console since nobody will have made mods available for consoles yet. So it's entirely possible that Bethesda employees have been sitting around making their own Skyrim mods specifically to just be there for consoles on launch day.

Edited by vyvexthorne

We need someone with a whole lot more technicall knowledge about modding to jump in to tell us if existing Skyrim mods will work on the remastered 64bit out of the box, if they need "just" patching or a complete rebuild.

I have no experience on the technical side and if you can in anyway compare it, but i do know Mod Organizer had to be completely rebuild/needed extensive re-building for 64 bit Fallout. I can imagine that it's the same for mods, at the very least mods that depend on scripts. A couple of popular mods that spring to mind ar Dual Sheath redux, FNIS, High heel system and physics mods, CBBE. Will they be updated or given permission to someone else to make them remaster compatible and how "easy" will it be. All those mods took several years to be perfected. Most importantly are all the authors of Skyrim mods still active and even if they are, willing to spend perhaps alot of time on a "old" mod? I fear Bethesda is making it look a whole lot easier then it's going to be.

I repeat it's all speculation and it could very well be there will be no problems at all but it's hard to believe that.

We now know we can keep playing our non remastered carefully modded stabilized Skyrim, but i do feel sorry for the console users (and mostly the modauthors who are going to be flooded with requests/demands) who are going to expect a flood of mods from the start as promised by Bethesda if it turns out not to be as easy.

I hope that the skyrim remaster would have something more than just the overall graphic improvement.

Because it's all about the storyline and the graphics are there to make the game more attractive whereas the story line is the main reason for which I and hopefully most of you enjoy the game for.

From the looks of the E3 video the graphics have been improved ALOT!! We obviously appreciate that but I was so eagerly waiting for the Elder Scrolls VI.

Edited by Skyrimmodhacker