Nvidia Contest Joke

GeneralLuBu

In the thread at Bethesda (the one OP linked in first post) they found out another thing; apparently the 'A Cannibal in Concord' mod has a note stating the cannibal forced a woman to perform sexual acts on him before killing her, which outright breaks the official rules of uploading mods at Beth.net. I haven't played the mod myself so I can't confirm, but if this is true, it's another evidence that those 'judges' probably didn't even bother to play the mods.

EDIT: Unless written sexual content does not count of course.

Edited by TheFoxQueen

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Alien Assault rifle would also break the rules, because the mod already won the first price in the Xbox contest.

[..] (ii) has not previously been submitted in any competition and has not won an award or prize of any kind; [..]

Edit: Link to xbox contest results: https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/736248403647025152

Edited by DarthWayne

I'll say the same thing here that I've said elsewhere.

I spent two months and crammed/burned out to finish the DKS-501 in time for the contest, but had I known that the entries were just going to be selected at random, I would have at least taken the time to take it slow and steady and not entered the contest at all.

It's frustrating seeing that months of hard work to meet a deadline project in a new engine on top of a dayjob and a nightjob were squandered because of a Portal meme. (No offense to the authors of the selected mods, it's just disheartening to see what was selected by the judges)

The Nexus has really enjoyed what I released, and despite the bitterness of this whole debacle, I'm incredibly proud that my work made it to the top of hot files and is currently in the lead for mod of the month. That alone means a ton for me, especially given that I've never directly contributed to this community before. I'm sad that I won't be able to justify the lost time with a contest victory, prizes, or even 'official' recognition, but I've always made mods so people could enjoy them and to build my own skill as an artist. It may not win me a (much needed) paycheck or two, but at least it succeeds as a mod. At least they can't take that away from me.

In the thread at Bethesda (the one OP linked in first post) they found out another thing; apparently the 'A Cannibal in Concord' mod has a note stating the cannibal forced a woman to perform sexual acts on him before killing her, which outright breaks the official rules of uploading mods at Beth.net. I haven't played the mod myself so I can't confirm, but if this is true, it's another evidence that those 'judges' probably didn't even bother to play the mods.

EDIT: Unless written sexual content does not count of course.

I played that mod and yes there is a note that you read that has this reference about forcing a woman to perform sexual acts... At least the PC version did. Maybe it was edited for the console version....

This contest is pathetic, only thing they shown in it is how pathetic and shameless they are. Really shows current state of Bethesda and their friends: stupidity worshiping, not following their own rules, selecting marginal mods only, yeah... But i think the point of that contest was different, it is about advertising mod authoring, so people keep creating content that will push up the sales of junk game they made. They already got a big hit from stolen mods that forced many authors to drop their work, but beth made good money from that, by keeping good sales on consoles. They still need more mods to keep the game sold, so they wanted to give authors a sweet candy in form of that contest, just to motivate them to do free slave work for Beth and company. Let's be honest about this, this is about the money, they don't care a little bit about any actual value. So the selection of winners is simply irrelevant, main goal is still achieved, many authors put a lot of effort for this contest, that will allow the game to float at the ocean surface for longer, and Beth will have more money from that. They are simply amusing on the mod authors. Many millions of game copies sold and they give a ~40000$ reward pool? - pathetic. They actually look like a king tyrant standing on top of his slave horde of moders in gold and armor, showing how "generous" he is by dropping them a spoon of grain.

Let's face it. Everything from the crude and buggy product release, inability to fix issues later, supporting mod theft and now this contest mess, all this was deliberate. And the goal was to invest as little as they can, and get as much profit as they can by using mod authors to do the dirty work for them, and to do this for free. So i guess their PR section is really proud how they managed things and made a good profit on the mod authors. They simply insult us and are amused on us. Our mistake is the same as always, that we thought that they will be better, but that will never happen.

Edited by Engager

Well, ya gotta say this for Bethesda, they are consistent f*** ups at least. :smile:

I should have submitted a mod that changed the name of the submarine captain to boaty McBoatFace.... I prolly woulda won..... :D

Whats funny is I was joking about making a mod a couple months ago where the Brahmin would say "Moo" like in the original lore and not use actual cow sounds.

Well, ya gotta say this for Bethesda, they are consistent f*** ups at least. :smile:

I should have submitted a mod that changed the name of the submarine captain to boaty McBoatFace.... I prolly woulda won..... :D

Whats funny is I was joking about making a mod a couple months ago where the Brahmin would say "Moo" like in the original lore and not use actual cow sounds.
Probably would have made the top 20. :P

What stopped you? It really is okay to be silly once in a while...

Nothing inherently wrong with the PEW mod...just unreasonable that it would be considered over several other more time expensive, <can't think of the right word, 'called for' sorta> mods to win $10K.

What stopped you? It really is okay to be silly once in a while...

Nothing inherently wrong with the PEW mod...just unreasonable that it would be considered over several other more time expensive, <can't think of the right word, 'called for' sorta> mods to win $10K.

I think "desirable" and "actually something people -want-" would suffice.