This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

2 hours ago, Fastride2 said:

It has taken 20 minutes so far to download this mod and it says I still have another 30 minutes.

I honestly don't see how that's a problem. For the record, I'm an ad-blocking free user. None of my downloads here have ever exceeded more than a couple hundred MBs though. So my wait time wasn't as 'great' as yours. Maybe about 5 minutes or so? It could've been longer, I don't remember exactly. But whenever those were downloading, I found something else to do. 

Believe me when I say it, compared to dial-up download speeds of yore, under an hour to download 4GBs is blazingly fast. Flashback 20 years and that would've taken days to download on dial-up... provided no one called you on your only phone line. Then you had to start the download all over again after the call ended. Granted, hard drive capacity wasn't that great and things like removable media --SD cards/flash thumb drives-- were just in their infancy. But you get my point.

Come on, man, it's the interweb! There's theoretically a millinillion things you could do during your wait time. I just wanted to say millinillion. It's an accurate name for 10 to the 3003 power. Look it up! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2022 at 4:02 PM, Pickysaurus said:

If you don't log in for 6 months you need to verify your email address to check that your account has not been compromised.

It seriously needs an option to turn it off at least. It's not a bank account or anything.

How does it help anyway? Even a single day is plenty of time to do anything with compromised accounts, what does deactivating after 6 months prevent?

9 minutes ago, disablereactivation said:

It seriously needs an option to turn it off at least. It's not a bank account or anything.

How does it help anyway? Even a single day is plenty of time to do anything with compromised accounts, what does deactivating after 6 months prevent?

Please see our Account Recovery page or email [email protected] for help with this. 

I've recently started noticing these last few months a sharp increase in mods that are just language translations of existing mods. I'm all for mods being accessible to a wider range of people, but it's getting to the point where it's cluttering up the pages for new releases, updates etc. and making it more cumbersome to sift through. As an example, as of this comment when looking at the new releases for baldurs gate 3, over half the mods (on the first page) are just language translations of other mods.

I request that there be some kind of way to filter these out or another solution that resolves the issue.

For those people who are stuck on the CloudFlare BadGateway screen delete your cookies in your browser.
This action depends on what browser you use for example Chrome you can use Alt + E Than S than Enter
You will get in the settings searchfield. Find Site Settings click on it.

Now click on "View permissions and data store across sitesl"
Search for nexusmods and click on the thrashbin icon.

You will get logged out of the service but next time you login it will work again.

Now for the admins suggestion please tell people on the BadGateway error page or on the linked https://nexusmods.statuspage.io/ that they have to clear there cookies.
Next my suggestion is to set a much much lower expire date for the related cookie untill this is resolved in full.