This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

Come on, are you serious about keeping that slow - fast download pop up? Its freaking horrible and just rude. How can you expect to convince us to move to premium like this?

You simply don't deserve any support under these conditions, and most people annoyed by this useless and annoying popup will think the same. The actual effect you get, instead of getting more people to give you money, is that you just push people away from modding in general.

I don't know who took that decision to add it and to keep it, ignoring the protests against it, but he should reconsider, its counterproductive.

Actually, according to Dark0ne, it's done exactly the opposite. Premium sign-ups have apparently skyrocketed.

Come on, are you serious about keeping that slow - fast download pop up? Its freaking horrible and just rude. How can you expect to convince us to move to premium like this?

You simply don't deserve any support under these conditions, and most people annoyed by this useless and annoying popup will think the same. The actual effect you get, instead of getting more people to give you money, is that you just push people away from modding in general.

I don't know who took that decision to add it and to keep it, ignoring the protests against it, but he should reconsider, its counterproductive.

Actually, according to Dark0ne, it's done exactly the opposite. Premium sign-ups have apparently skyrocketed.

If anything its a reminder you have the choice of faster DL speed, I think its more a null point since everyone kinda dose ads like that so people either sign up or ignore it, the site has expanded its game support greatly so its no wonder alot more people have signed up. Nice to see unreal games get some love here too.

Assumption - "You simply don't deserve any support under these conditions"

Truth - there was quite a large increase in premium memberships since the implementation of this.

Assumption - "You simply don't deserve any support under these conditions"

Truth - there was quite a large increase in premium memberships since the implementation of this.

Well, that sucks. Annoying people seems to work in that case for some, which is bad news for us that just get angry and protest against it. I wanted to start a new Lexy's Skyrim reinstall, but with so many mods to install, and with that freaking popup appearing at every single file I'll give up and play something else that doesn't require mods. This is the first time it has happened to me in I don't know how many years I've been using Nexus, since modding Oblivion and Morrowind (profile made in 2008, so since then, 12 years).

Edited by dreamer2008

I've had to update NMS every few days and Stardew around 2-3 times a month (around 200mods in total) I've found the new popup to be far less intrusive than most make it be/sound. You can either just accept it and get to playing your modded game, or not. Doubtful it's going away anytime soon.

I've had to update NMS every few days and Stardew around 2-3 times a month (around 200mods in total) I've found the new popup to be far less intrusive than most make it be/sound. You can either just accept it and get to playing your modded game, or not. Doubtful it's going away anytime soon.

I admire your patience. Too bad we are forced to get used to an ill-intentioned annoyance, right now I don't feel up to it.

I admire your patience. Too bad we are forced to get used to an ill-intentioned annoyance, right now I don't feel up to it.

It's NOT ill intentioned, there are people here who have been using the Nexus for FREE for 10 - 12 years, and never have and never will pay, it costs money to keep the nexus online, unfortunately out of 18 million members, around only 186,000 actually pay for premium, while some people pay nothing at all.

So, now, to keep using Nexus for free, you have to be slightly inconvenienced, and that's a lot less than the Nexus is inconvenienced because of people not paying.

It's a fair trade.

It's NOT ill intentioned, there are people here who have been using the Nexus for FREE for 10 - 12 years, and never have and never will pay, it costs money to keep the nexus online, unfortunately out of 18 million members, around only 186,000 actually pay for premium, while some people pay nothing at all.

So, now, to keep using Nexus for free, you have to be slightly inconvenienced, and that's a lot less than the Nexus is inconvenienced because of people not paying.

It's a fair trade.

Or to put it another way ...

Nexus isn't free, and everybody pays. One way or another. :devil:

Guest deleted34304850

so your protest is because you're too lazy to click a button? let us know how that works out for you eh?

It's a fair trade.

It is ill-intentioned obviously. The message is clear, and you see it yourself from your comment: "If you don't pay, FU, here is slow download speed, and annoying popups until you do." Slow speed I could understand, but timed popups for each file are inexcusable.

@1ae0bfb8 Its not that, it get very tiresome and annoying after a while to see after each file "slow download, fast download" "slow download, fast download" "slow download, fast download" "slow download, fast download". Its not about a protest, its about getting sick of always seeing it and clicking on it, for no reason, just because they wanted to punish us non paying sinners.

Its like, I get it, its slow, no need to tell me a million times and make me click on slow each and every time. Its ridiculous.

Edited by dreamer2008