Big changes for the Nexus Mod Manager and the introduction of Tannin42, our new head of NMM development

Dark0ne

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodie! The only reason I've ever used NMM was for Fallout4 which to my knowledge never received a full fledged MO release.

And let me tell you, NMM is not at all a good tool to use if your changing installed mods, how they're installed, switching profiles for mods and such.

So I'm very happy to see NMM will get what will probably a MO styled makeover.

I used NMM for almost 5 years straight. In early September, I lost a lot of my Skyrim data and was basically forced to reinstall everything from scratch. I took the oppotunity to finally migrate from NMM to MO after hearing so many good things about it, and fell instantly in love with the software. I don't know how I modded without MO for so long. And now this happens. I'm happy, but also a little frustrated.

Been using NMM since I don't know how long ago and MO since it was initially released and have generally flip-flopped between them, depending upon what I needed to do. They are both awesome utilities, but were good at different things, so MO won out for Skyrim, but NMM won out for the rest of the supported games. I am definitely looking forward to seeing what comes out of all of this, but have no doubts that the new NMM is going to be one sweet utility when all is said and done.

It sounds like this new project is really well thought-out. It will be interesting to see what it delivers.

I'm a little concerned about your enlisting the creator of this page for doing the UI, since I find this page unintuitive, almost labyrinthine, but I still see how the project can have potential.

Nice to see a well-planned project for once - they are hard to come by anywhere these days.

Edited by stobix