Big changes for the Nexus Mod Manager and the introduction of Tannin42, our new head of NMM development

Dark0ne

As someone who still uses FoMM for New Vegas due to it containing some tools (like the .bsa browser/creator) it's newer kin lacks, this is excellent news, and I'd love to see NMM with expanded functionality. I'd like to say thanks to everyone coding software such as this, because yeah, modders make and expand upon virtual worlds, but quality programs to help do it are a tremendous part of it, and I for one greatly appreciate the care that goes into making good editing & management applications.

Looking forward to what's coming up next, and thanks again for all the hard work ya'll do to help some of us make games better (or just different!) for everyone else!

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Mod Organizer! It's an amazing tool.

I'm curious, though - its "framework" for modding the game is different, in that you can (and should) keep a clean install of the game and let MO do the work at runtime of compiling and implementing your mods in-game. How will this work for existing installations of Fallout 3 that are already using NMM and have made a "dirty" install?

Edited by terzaerian

so is this the reason that i have this error?

"nexus, empty response"

I've been trying to download a mod and iget this message..

I've been told that it's due to nexus getting heavy download traffic due to the release of Skyrim SE, basically a measure to prevent being so overloaded that the site goes down.

In response to post #44164460.

velvetsanity wrote:

so is this the reason that i have this error?
"nexus, empty response"

I've been trying to download a mod and iget this message..

I've been told that it's due to nexus getting heavy download traffic due to the release of Skyrim SE, basically a measure to prevent being so overloaded that the site goes down.

Ahh. Oke.. Thanx for the reply..

Hi Tannin. I originally wrote this in reply to another users post in another section but i thought that it might be a good idea to paste a copy here to see what you think of the idea for NMM/New UI and just in case you missed it.

For a feature suggestion i wouldn't mind seeing if a system could be implemented where not only could you see if a mod has an update available like you can now but you could also select certain mods or all mods that can be updated, hitting a button and NMM downloads, overwrites and updates them for you. This way you don't have to open the mod page and click the download link on the newer version or update every time. Keep in mind though that users should still take the time to read the mod page to see if there might be any newer incompatibilities, changes or instructions.

As an extended feature maybe also have an option where NMM deletes the previous version/s of particular or all mods you have downloaded and updated previously. I wouldn't make this an automatic set feature though, some people might get annoyed with it. It may help with not racking up multiple downloads of the same mod and taking up more space of peoples hard drives.

Edited by fuiery