Big changes for the Nexus Mod Manager and the introduction of Tannin42, our new head of NMM development

Dark0ne

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one of the reasons i do not use NMM a lot is i play Fallout 3 and fallout new Vegas and i use mods that have scripted installers that fail to install using NMM i hope the new mod manager will support the scripted installers that fail to install using NMM

also one thing that has been bugging me is when on the download tab when i increase size of one column the column next to the one that grue shrinks instead of moving all the other columns

i have all so run in to a bug to day the Windows maximum file path length

the mod Fallout 4 - Texture Optimization Project http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/978/ the Optional files optional hotfix for grass being wierd the file name is to BIG

possible hotfix for grass disapeerances that some people are reporting. personally i dont use this but if you reaaally need it here it is. (this file absolutely will hurt performance)-978-.7z

In response to post #45271435.

striker873 wrote: I can't mod Skyrim SE without MO. I'll wait until the new manager is released... hope it has the same features that make MO the best manager.

This exactly !

Shame because most of my essential mods are now ported and I was looking forward to paying Skyrim SE.... sigh .... Oh well

• 2 weeks later...

I hope I will be able to play properly modded (skse + new nmm) skyrim se during the holidays.

I'm sure you will- the 2017 winter holidays. All indications are we won't even have a SKSE64 release until mid-2017, and Robin's news article above said they have started programming the new NMM. Not finished programming, not released as an alpha or beta, but started programming.

I don't know how anyone can imagine that SKSE64 or NMM could possibly see the light of day within the next 2 weeks.

There was this problem NMM that 7-zip files cant be installed by the manager. MO on the other hand did. So figured its a problem with the manger and how it deals with 7zip since the other manger could do it just fine. All i want is the simplicity of install and uninstall of NMM and i want 7zip to work. I was forced to use MO. I like NMM much better but since it cant install half the mods, i was forced to leave.

-Sincerely, loyal nexus user.

In response to post #45105020.

ntnssc wrote: "we don’t want to swamp the more casual users of NMM who really just want a very simple modding tool".

MO is not even a modding tool. It is a mod management tool and as such how is it not "very simple" one? It is the whole reason I am using MO instead of NMM. It takes 3 clicks (download, install, activate) to install a mod in MO and one dragging motion to place it in the list. Something you have to do only once instead of however many times you f*#@ up in NMM. I am not sure people that find that process complicated are even capable of using a computer. Why not just take MO as it is, rename it and run with that. Forget NMM ever existed. Also may be fire entire NMM development team in the process because NMM has nothing on MO (name ONE feature) and it took them how many years to achieve that? I will not be surprised when they start adding "user friendly" "features" bloating an already solid project just to keep their jobs and stay relevant.

I wish good luck to Tannin. He deserves to be compensated for his efforts. I truly hope a decent replacement for NMM is possible given tone of this article.

"We have a lot of work ahead of us."
No you don't. Just try not to f*#@ up an already good and mostly functional thing you failed to produce over the years.

The amount of entitlement in this s*** post, holy S***. If you had bothered to read the whole thing properly instead of letting your eyes be glazed over in anger you'd realize your anger is unfounded. I for one welcome the possibility of a more powerful tool for all modders. If they succeed it can only make the modding community stronger and farther reaching.

"You damn maniacs! You blew it all up!"

I tried to start NMM today. It wouldn't start.

I saw the new release is 63.9 so I downloaded. It wouldn't start.

I tried downloading the mod I was interested in (Better harvesting for SSE) directly from the website in the vain hope you'd actually let mod users use mods.

It. Will. Not. Start.

I'm struggling to remain civil. It's not easy because...

It will not start.

In response to post #45846680.

BlazeStryker wrote: "You damn maniacs! You blew it all up!"

I tried to start NMM today. It wouldn't start.

I saw the new release is 63.9 so I downloaded. It wouldn't start.

I tried downloading the mod I was interested in (Better harvesting for SSE) directly from the website in the vain hope you'd actually let mod users use mods.

It. Will. Not. Start.

I'm struggling to remain civil. It's not easy because...

It will not start.

Half the time the Nexushost process doesn't even pop up in processes tab of Task Manager before WerFaultt kills it, but stinking Adobe Crash Player keeps trying to come in.

Just admit you killed the damn server, already.