Big changes for the Nexus Mod Manager and the introduction of Tannin42, our new head of NMM development

Dark0ne

In response to post #43221120. #43221395 is also a reply to the same post.

wscottling wrote:

I am but a lowly NMM user. I do not need anything fancy, but do have one request.....

Please for the love of the Gods, make it so the column widths stay where you put them.

Please!

MadeUpName92 wrote: Amen!

LoL! So true! O countless frustration when fighting with column widths ;)

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #43221120. #43221395, #43221955 are all replies on the same post.

wscottling wrote:

I am but a lowly NMM user. I do not need anything fancy, but do have one request.....

Please for the love of the Gods, make it so the column widths stay where you put them.

Please!

MadeUpName92 wrote: Amen!
riveria_ri wrote: LoL! So true! O countless frustration when fighting with column widths ;)

Triple AMEN to that!

I tried MO once and it really screwed up all my mods. Not as bad as B.O.S.S. did, but it still did. I never really needed the advanced features of MO (not because I'm not an advanced modder, I just had my own way), but if those features become seamless with Nexus I might use them. I've always been 100% Nexus loyal since Oblivion (+some LL) so knowing they are going to get an advanced programmer with mod managing software experience is good to hear and I won't have users/modders yelling at me for using NMM instead of MO.

In response to post #43219230. #43219400, #43219425 are all replies on the same post.

GamerPoets wrote: I've put 80 to 100 hours a week into running a channel based on RP's and Tutorial creation that revolves around Mod Organizer for nearly 3 years. If I'm not upset about this. No one should be lol. I'll have to research, revamp and remake 1000's of hours worth of tutorials.. and I'm happy to do it.

This seems like the best potential situation for mod managers in general. You have people from different managers, who have been working on them and receiving all the good as well as all the crazy feedback since they started working on them, who are capable and committed.

Nothing is set in stone in life or in modding = ) ... but this sounds great.
Elianora wrote: TAKE YOUR FRIENDLY LOGIC, RATIONALE AND REASON SOMEWHERE ELSE. I WANTED PITCHFORKS AND HATE MOB

/s
GamerPoets wrote: LOL I love you = )

My pitchforks are getting rusty... Is there a mod for that?

HOLY CRAP!!! I'm totally speechless! I can't imagine anything better happening to the (Nexus) Modding Community! Tannin is going to be a HUGE asset! This is great news! Congratulations guys! Can't Wait to see what you have in store!!!

In response to post #43220970.

qwertyzeldar wrote:

bout time too. im gettin tired of the NMM is better/MO is better fight.

who in the world ever said nmm is better? its not an opinion type of deal mo can do literally everything nmm can and more. its just math

this is what im talkin about

In response to post #43222435.

qwertyzeldar wrote:

In response to post #43220970.

qwertyzeldar wrote:

bout time too. im gettin tired of the NMM is better/MO is better fight.

who in the world ever said nmm is better? its not an opinion type of deal mo can do literally everything nmm can and more. its just math

this is what im talkin about

Except, you know, actually allow modding of any of the hundred of games NMM covers..

In response to post #43210430. #43215310, #43215490, #43215920, #43216655, #43217565, #43217935, #43218210 are all replies on the same post.

jim_uk wrote: Please can we get a mode for us old stick in the muds who still do everything manually and only want something to enable mods and change the load order? I'm still using 0.52.3.
kingtobbe wrote: This works perfectly for that. It doesn't disable mods beyond unchecking the esp though. Of course if it did, it wouldn't be simple anymore :)

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13671/?
vram1974 wrote: You're never too old to save time. If a veritable moron like myself can figure out mod managers then anybody can.
jim_uk wrote: It's nothing to do with figuring them out, it's that I don't need all the other stuff, I've been installing mods since 2002, I know what I'm doing and prefer to do things myself.

@kingtobbe I used something similar for FO4, it saved me from upgrading and risking breaking my older games.
Arthmoor wrote: I'm with jim_uk on this one. If I were to be convinced to use this new NMM, I'd want it to be straightforward and without all the file system virtualization stuff. And it would need to be at least as robust about handling the Data folder as Wrye Bash is now.

Oh, and please, for the love of Talos, leave the BSA unpacking to other tools where it belongs!
HadToRegister wrote: So if you're still using 0.52.3 then just continue using it then, problem solved, as you're not even using NMM for anything except to enable/disable mods and change the load order.
You're not even using it to it's fullest potential, so you'll be able to use that version forever.
jim_uk wrote: It won't work for newer titles, this months Skyrim Shiny Edition being one of them.
PirateZ86 wrote: @jim_uk: Please don't listen or reply to morons who have no common sense.

PirateZ86 9 kudos 557 posts
@jim_uk: Please don't listen or reply to morons who have no common sense.

Wow, so you go straight to the ad hominems because someone has a different opinion than you?

Jesus christ dude, chill out.