SKSE

Lodbrok

Skyrim did win the best game of all time award a few years back, but Fallout 4 is a great game also. Positive karma is in the aether for SKSE!

If Fallout 4 can F4SE then Skyrim SE can SKSE too.

SKSE to the left

SKSE to the right

Script Extender

Script Extender

Fight, fight fight!

Go Skyrim!!!

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skyrim SE is no different then the original game, it is just a graphical enhancement and not a good one at that!

Yes and no. The biggest update to Skyrim is the transitioning from 32 bit to 64 bit, followed by the moving to a new engine (Skyrim/FO4 hybrid). The graphical enhancements were done in large part by the integration of the HD DLCs and some bits seemingly taken from ENBs. It's probably a lot more indepth than what I mentioned, but this seems to be the jist of it.

Sorry I left out the recode to 64 bit but it's not a new engine - just slightly revamped! Graphics wise - a nice comparison could begin with the Creation Kit - taking a look at the lighting template differences.

Skyrim SE also still uses DX9 functions which are non-existent in Fallout 4 - checked with CFF explorer! It also still has the 4 dynamic light limitation - unlimited in Fallout 4 and the volumetric lighting is fake and looks horrible quite frankly!

Edited by gargorias

Whether you prefer Oldrim with mods or SE with (or without) mods, the good news is that everyone wins when SKSE, and then later SkyUI get re-released. 'Cause then SE will be mod-able to the same lengths that Oldrim currently is. Except that it will probably still be a lot more stable. Honestly, I haven't looked forward to something with this much anticipation in years.

Yep.. nothing but SKYRIM SE w/ mods for me. SKSE 64 will be most welcomed when released, but until then

there's plenty of mods (both ported & new) to use and appreciate for SE right now.

Whether you prefer Oldrim with mods or SE with (or without) mods, the good news is that everyone wins when SKSE, and then later SkyUI get re-released. 'Cause then SE will be mod-able to the same lengths that Oldrim currently is. Except that it will probably still be a lot more stable. Honestly, I haven't looked forward to something with this much anticipation in years.

This represents my sentiments exactly. I unfortunately cannot even play modded Skyrim anymore, literally - the mod setups I've tried using break under the instability of Bethesda's flawed first-gen Creation engine. I haven't been able to play the game since after purchasing Dawnguard (something about the event code in the expansion triggers random CTDs). I've spent two months of time researching and trying to fix the issue. Meanwhile, Fallout 4 is mod-loaded and performs perfectly.

SKSE64 will, for me, be the resurrection of the entire game. In 25 years of gaming, I've never lost such a robust game as modded Skyrim, so I can't overstate the appreciation I have for the SKSE team. It probably gets said often, but without you guys, Bethesda games would be a fraction of what they are. Cheers!