[WIP] Call of Hircine: Bloodmoon Rising

TheElderInfinity

More and more readers and supporters for this mod!I would like to thank everyone for the help and encouraging words.We are all waiting for the CK.By the way,soemoene asked how could he learn using it.First,Oblivion and Skyrim use the game engine called Gamebryo,the only difference is that Skyrim is using a heavily modiffied version,so most of the code should be the same.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More and more readers and supporters for this mod!I would like to thank everyone for the help and encouraging words.We are all waiting for the CK.By the way,soemoene asked how could he learn using it.First,Oblivion and Skyrim use the game engine called Gamebryo,the only difference is that Skyrim is using a heavily modiffied version,so most of the code should be the same.

No, from what I've heard the syntax of the Creation Kit scripting is different than previous games.

Like, maybe the code for "AND" will be & & instead of && (note the space), or things like that. I'm pretty sure script functions work in a different way than in Oblivion, meaning you can't just convert scripts from Oblivion into Skyrim syntax and except them to work. That's pretty much a given, seeing as most of the NPC personality values operate on scales from say 0-5 instead of 0-100 like in oblivion.

I'm also not sure how to add in new global variables in (like "PhaseDay" the variable which calculates the moon phase via the equation "((GameDaysPassed + (GetCurrentTime / 24) - 0.5) % 24) / 3" which returns a number between 1 and 8 (I think) corresponding to the moon phase, which, from some experiments, is an equation that works for calculating the moon phase in Skyrim.

Once the global variables are all in place, things become a great deal easier, unlike in Oblivion, there is an actual framework for us to work off of for werewolves.

the werewolf already looks pretty good as it is. red glowing eyes and oversized teeth and hands gives it a cartoon feel (like WoW) which i personally dont like at all.

Your right it is very cartoony with the overly large teeth and hands, but if you think outside the box and ignore the WOW look you can see that this face looks much more like a wolf then what we have now, also the eyes on the current werewolf do glow just a little un-like fiery glow of doom that the pic has that’s for sure.

Anyway the main reason that I posted the pic was to see what others were thinking. The main page says that you may change the werewolf mesh... if so what are we looking at? The only changes I would like to see is larger more wolf like Ears and a better tail. This is of course my own opinion, I know others disagree and that’s cool.

Well I guess I'm just trying to stir the creative juices here I hope you all don’t mind.

Below are some other pics I had floating around.

I thought that the elder scroll kept a "realistic way" in its concept of fantasy.

A werewolf with too much fantasy traits will conflict with the natural and normal look of skyrim.

For me, only the first image can fit, but to be honest the original for me is perfect except for the head (need to be less rat-like).

I thought that the elder scroll kept a "realistic way" in its concept of fantasy.

A werewolf with too much fantasy traits will conflict with the natural and normal look of skyrim.

For me, only the first image can fit, but to be honest the original for me is perfect except for the head (need to be less rat-like).

I agree.The head looks wierd.Bethesda messed up all the thing about werewolfs.

Samogen: The changes we're thinking of right now are minor things for the most part. I'm hoping to make the werewolf look likes it built for stealth as much as it is for "RIP AND TEAR" stuff. This would entail making the creature's body sleaker and less bulky, not to the point where it looks fragile by any means. OTherwise, we've only got a few changes we'd like to make, one of which is making the face and muzzle look more wolfish and less...Whatever it is now. The ears are a nice suggestion by the way, can't believe I didn't notice that.

As stated in the original posts, we're also planning on making a seperate altered werewolf model for female characters, which will probably be less bulky than the male, shorter, and have larger thighs. No breasts.

This is long term stuff, since we've only got texturing and scripting covered right now. I've been playing around a bit with blender, but I'm far from altering a mesh without creating a hideous mess, much less creating one from whole cloth.