Limited Vortex alpha release today, full release soon

Dark0ne

In response to post #57413151. #57413726 is also a reply to the same post.

nagothm wrote: I used MO2 for Skyrim SE and for Fallout4 and I have to say that Vortex is extremely stable in comparison. It is not quite as fully featured as the original Mod Organizer that I use for Skyrim legacy version, and I hate that I mods and plugins have their own screen instead of being on the same page as it was in MO, but it is completely stable so far and does not have the issues with secondary programs being recognized that Mod Organizer had. The dependencies system works well so far and is pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it. I am looking forward to the fully featured release when it comes out.
Does anyone know if the save game feature is disabled or am I just not using it correctly? I cannot see any of my save games on that tab.
simsrw73 wrote: If you are talking about save games for Fallout then it was fixed in the latest release (see Vortex page, link just above these comments):

Version 0.12.8
* fixed: savegame page didn't show anything for fallout games

It helps to realize that there was a 2nd update....Thanks, that was indeed the issue.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #57413151. #57413726, #57414271 are all replies on the same post.

nagothm wrote: I used MO2 for Skyrim SE and for Fallout4 and I have to say that Vortex is extremely stable in comparison. It is not quite as fully featured as the original Mod Organizer that I use for Skyrim legacy version, and I hate that I mods and plugins have their own screen instead of being on the same page as it was in MO, but it is completely stable so far and does not have the issues with secondary programs being recognized that Mod Organizer had. The dependencies system works well so far and is pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it. I am looking forward to the fully featured release when it comes out.
Does anyone know if the save game feature is disabled or am I just not using it correctly? I cannot see any of my save games on that tab.
simsrw73 wrote: If you are talking about save games for Fallout then it was fixed in the latest release (see Vortex page, link just above these comments):

Version 0.12.8
* fixed: savegame page didn't show anything for fallout games
nagothm wrote: It helps to realize that there was a 2nd update....Thanks, that was indeed the issue.

Can you hide esps you don't want to use in Vortex like in MO?

In response to post #57212146. #57407606, #57409121, #57410961 are all replies on the same post.

Elianora wrote: Bit of a learning curve for me, having never used or even looked at MO. Confused about a whole lot of things, found and reported some bugs, started to rebuild my FO4 from scratch, that'll be a lot of work considering I like a very specific way of loading my mods (environmental mods in one lump, armours in another and so on), but as soon as it's build and setup once, I can relax and be happy, I'm sure.

I was really dreading this change because I knew Vortex would be more complex than NMM. I love NMM for it's simplicity and how easy it is to setup, but I'm willing to keep an open mind and acknowledge that I hate change, especially when it forces me out of my comfort zone and to learn new things. People told me I would hate Vortex, so especially for that reason, I am willing to not submit to blind hate without first giving it an honest chance. I am liking what I'm seeing so far but I have a long night ahead of me to setup a completely new game.

Love the notes feature on mods, and how it lets me relink mods to their corresponding Nexus page if I've added them to the program from a backup source or somewhere else "not directly from Nexus".

The "New files" dashlet in the Dashboard needs to be able to be resized because it looks very odd being a stub that can't even present one mod completely.

UI looks very nice, love how it matches the way the site itself looks.

I'll continue to provide bug reports and feedback as I build my load order and learn to use the program. Thanks for all the work on it so far :)
Andron2522 wrote: Hello, Eli! I did not get to the number of testers, but it's very interesting to know what interface is in this program? I would be happy to see screenshots or gif in the PM, if you take the time to do this. Many thanks!
simsrw73 wrote: @Andron2522 There are a few YouTube vids out there. Here's one that hasn't been posted here yet:
KeltecRFB wrote: Eli,

Once you get use to MO or MO-like features, you will not want to go back. I only went to NMM because I did not no know how much MO2 branch would be supported after Tannin joined Nexus. And decided to use NMM until Vortex is released. If I don't like Vortex, I will probably return to MO2.

The problem is, I don't care or want the MO features :P I like NMM and manual installs just fine

In response to post #57212146. #57407606, #57409121, #57410961, #57419386 are all replies on the same post.

Elianora wrote: Bit of a learning curve for me, having never used or even looked at MO. Confused about a whole lot of things, found and reported some bugs, started to rebuild my FO4 from scratch, that'll be a lot of work considering I like a very specific way of loading my mods (environmental mods in one lump, armours in another and so on), but as soon as it's build and setup once, I can relax and be happy, I'm sure.

I was really dreading this change because I knew Vortex would be more complex than NMM. I love NMM for it's simplicity and how easy it is to setup, but I'm willing to keep an open mind and acknowledge that I hate change, especially when it forces me out of my comfort zone and to learn new things. People told me I would hate Vortex, so especially for that reason, I am willing to not submit to blind hate without first giving it an honest chance. I am liking what I'm seeing so far but I have a long night ahead of me to setup a completely new game.

Love the notes feature on mods, and how it lets me relink mods to their corresponding Nexus page if I've added them to the program from a backup source or somewhere else "not directly from Nexus".

The "New files" dashlet in the Dashboard needs to be able to be resized because it looks very odd being a stub that can't even present one mod completely.

UI looks very nice, love how it matches the way the site itself looks.

I'll continue to provide bug reports and feedback as I build my load order and learn to use the program. Thanks for all the work on it so far :)
Andron2522 wrote: Hello, Eli! I did not get to the number of testers, but it's very interesting to know what interface is in this program? I would be happy to see screenshots or gif in the PM, if you take the time to do this. Many thanks!
simsrw73 wrote: @Andron2522 There are a few YouTube vids out there. Here's one that hasn't been posted here yet:
KeltecRFB wrote: Eli,

Once you get use to MO or MO-like features, you will not want to go back. I only went to NMM because I did not no know how much MO2 branch would be supported after Tannin joined Nexus. And decided to use NMM until Vortex is released. If I don't like Vortex, I will probably return to MO2.
Elianora wrote: The problem is, I don't care or want the MO features :P I like NMM and manual installs just fine

LOL, you are just too set in your ways Eli ... :-)

We'll also know who is using the service without downloading it from Nexus Mods, as we can correlate our download information with API logins on the site. If you're logging in but the download stats show you haven't downloaded Vortex from Nexus Mods then you've been naughty!

eh?

and what ? why say it .

In response to post #57445561.

atongy wrote: Will there ever be a full stable release soon?

From the announcement above:

With that in mind, the full release of Vortex is almost upon us. To give us a bit more time to polish things up (more on the web side than the application side) we're aiming for a full unlimited alpha release of Vortex on the week starting the 12th of February.