⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Vortex Alpha Release

Dark0ne

In response to post #57819431. #57821836 is also a reply to the same post.

kflip101 wrote: Silly question. Vortex not auto updating for me, how do I manually update myself? Im currently on version 0.13.1 Do I just download newest version and install it normally and will that remove my profiles/mod lists/etc.?
J.O.D. wrote: Just download new version and install over. Your setting will stay (as you don't uninstall first!) From 0.13.3 the auto update is enabled.

Same here but I'm using v.0.13.0
Master list update error occurred.

Edit: same error come with the v.0.13.3 I updated it just now Edited by OdmoR

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #57799546.

Solongchu wrote: This may be a dumb question but when you have conflicts between two mods you use the load after command for the mod file you want to over write the other ?

basically, yes :)

In response to post #57804721.

Thynoan wrote: I like the new look. Installed it and tried importing mods from NMM and at stage 3, the screen turns white and that's it. It always happens when importing 3DNPC. I'm pretty sure I have the lossefiles version. Would that be the reason?

Best way to get past it is to uninstall that mod from NMM, then import, and redownload that mod from nexus using vortex, that should fix the problem. Just remember the install order and what it conflicts with first so you can easily set those rules up without breaking your game trying to figure it out. Honestly though, I found the best way to do things is to completely start from a fresh install of the game, then download the mods, but that's only because I'm extremely picky and already had issues with save games breaking thanks to bad install order etc. with Fallout 4. Right now I'm looking at the most realistic version of Fallout 4 I've ever seen, with almost no frame drops or issues and I'm looking at nearing 100 mods. Again, that was my doing that caused the issues before though, so it's not a requirement you do it that way.

In response to post #57801491.

Solongchu wrote: I had an issue transferring from NMM where half of my installed mod folders were empty so I decided to just use the downloads folder and reinstall them but when I do that I dont get any of the version numbers hence I am unable to link to the mods page and check for up dates. Is there a button to scan the mods and fix this like there was in NMM?

Most of the mods you install, if you didn't rename them, will have the version number first, then the second set of numbers is the actual Nexus ID, and the 3rd set is a repeat of the version.

V1.2-2345-1.2 something like that.

In response to post #57785636. #57788366 is also a reply to the same post.

scorpious2012 wrote: Does anyone know to edit the target path for Skyrim Special Edition. Currently is has a hard coded path that can not be changed. Therefore I can't start game from Vortex. It shows target as SkyrimSE.exe not the SkyrimSELanucher.exe. Any help would be great.
adamcatfish wrote: Someone may have a better way to do this, but use the Add Tool option on the dashboard. This will open a modal form allowing you to enter the information of an executable. Once that is setup click on the three vertical dots next to the name you chose for the executable and select the option "Make Primary". Now when you launch from the big image it will run the executable you selected. This is how I have it set to run F4SE for my Fallout game.

From what I've read this is a known issue and is with steam, but I may be wrong, adamcatfish is right, that's the best way at the moment (unless an expert or developer comments, that's what I'd go with)

In response to post #57736771.

votemarvel wrote:

In response to post #57700171.

votemarvel wrote:

The sorting option seems to have taken a step back since the Nexus Mod Manager. I just get a long list of mods, yes I can click to sort it by category but it remains just one long list. Clicking the categories button shows me a lot of empty folders until I have something installed.

Could the nested folders system of NMM not be reemployed in Vortex? With greyed out text for mods that are not installed?

If you're in the mod view, the status header is actually a filter box. Just set it to only show active mods and all the inactive mods will be filtered from the pane. Presently there are three filters. You can have more than one active at any time. Hope this helps you. You should play with all the headers that are filter boxes to gain an understanding of what each one does.

Thanks for the response. I'm aware of what each sorting option does, I just find them a step back from the nested categories that is provided by the current Nexus Mod Manager.

With NMM I can expand just the category that I want to see, it's in a simple alphabetical order with installed mods in dark text and ones not installed greyed out. With Vortex as it stands I can organise how the list is shown but it just remains one long list, with a separate popout view to show which of the categories those mods are installed in.

Personally speaking I don't find Vortex as quick or as simple as the Nexus Mod Manager for managing mods at this time. Hence my feedback in the hope things can be tweaked.

I read in one of the articles here on Nexus that eventually they will be adding features and the like to the way the layout sits with Vortex giving us more control over that but at the moment, visually it's as good as it will get, and they are focused strictly on making everything work without giving everyone a headache. Once the biggest chunk of bugs is worked out with the currently supported game list, they'll move through the other games I"m sure, and from there begin adding the painful changes to make the look and feel much more user friendly. Until then, this is just to get us used to it and give us a way to tell them how it's working. Don't give up on it yet, but I see your point, and feel that if you're a hardcore NMM fan this is how it's going to be for others too. Me, I loved NMM, but I was always looking for more, but MO just bugged out too much for me. I had a real problem with it. Vortex however...... I'm finding it to be quite simple in the end. :)

I found 2 mods so far that for some reason show as installed but are missing pretty much all their files even though when you compare them to others that installed without a problem there is no difference in the structure they are Rogue Like Encounters and Ultimate Deadly Encounters. I had to install them manually to get the files to go in. I contacted the mod author and he believes the issue is on your end. Edited by Solongchu

In response to post #57819431. #57821836, #57829661 are all replies on the same post.

kflip101 wrote: Silly question. Vortex not auto updating for me, how do I manually update myself? Im currently on version 0.13.1 Do I just download newest version and install it normally and will that remove my profiles/mod lists/etc.?
J.O.D. wrote: Just download new version and install over. Your setting will stay (as you don't uninstall first!) From 0.13.3 the auto update is enabled.
OdmoR wrote: Same here but I'm using v.0.13.0
Master list update error occurred.

Edit: same error come with the v.0.13.3 I updated it just now

That’s a Windows 7 issue.
Go to the LOOT site to find a solution to your problem.