⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Vortex Alpha Release

Dark0ne

Does any know the answer to the following:

In Old Skyrim (32bit) we were limited to 255 plugins because 255 =FF in Hex and 32 bit programs can only access 2 hex registers (FF) (or something like that). If that's correct (or closely correct lol :) )does anybody out there know if Skyrim SE being 64 bit = FFFF (vs FF) = 65535 plugins, and what will Vortex mod limits be in this case?

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #58060001.

mcdanielskh wrote: Does any know the answer to the following:
In Old Skyrim (32bit) we were limited to 255 plugins because 255 =FF in Hex and 32 bit programs can only access 2 hex registers (FF) (or something like that). If that's correct (or closely correct lol :) )does anybody out there know if Skyrim SE being 64 bit = FFFF (vs FF) = 65535 plugins, and what will Vortex mod limits be in this case?

That is not correct. Nothing changed about plugin limit.

In response to post #58060001. #58061656 is also a reply to the same post.

Ethreon wrote: That is not correct. Nothing changed about plugin limit.

:( but thanks for the reply. Do you know why not or why i'm an in error in this thought?

In response to post #58053771.

Reidlos wrote: Does Vortext incorporate mods though the tool like the others things like F04Edit, Bodyslide etc?

In the case of Fallout 3, which is the only game where I've used Vortex so far, I was able to set up the following tools on its very convenient toolbar: FOSE, FO3Edit, LOOT, and GECK. Therefore I assume it will allow you to do the same with the tools available for Fallout 4 and many other games. However, since there is no BodySlide for Fallout 3, I can only speculate about whether or not BodySlide could be configured on the toolbar for other games. I'd be very surprised, though, if it could not be. Edited by Augusta Calidia

In response to post #58053771. #58062616 is also a reply to the same post.

Reidlos wrote: Does Vortext incorporate mods though the tool like the others things like F04Edit, Bodyslide etc?
Augusta Calidia wrote: In the case of Fallout 3, which is the only game where I've used Vortex so far, I was able to set up the following tools on its very convenient toolbar: FOSE, FO3Edit, LOOT, and GECK. Therefore I assume it will allow you to do the same with the tools available for Fallout 4 and many other games. However, since there is no BodySlide for Fallout 3, I can only speculate about whether or not BodySlide could be configured on the toolbar for other games. I'd be very surprised, though, if it could not be.

I use vortex with fallout 4, and yes, fo4edit, and bodyslide are incorporated. Also FNIS. Just make sure it's installed properly before trying to tell vortex where to look to use it and you're all good. :) If you need more help with that, let me know.

In response to post #58060001. #58061656, #58062601 are all replies on the same post.

mcdanielskh wrote: :( but thanks for the reply. Do you know why not or why i'm an in error in this thought?

You're in error because it didn't change. For more information you'll have to find the actual reason this is a thing.

In response to post #58060001. #58061656, #58062601, #58080306 are all replies on the same post.

mcdanielskh wrote: :( but thanks for the reply. Do you know why not or why i'm an in error in this thought?
Ethreon wrote: You're in error because it didn't change. For more information you'll have to find the actual reason this is a thing.

The reason that didn't change is because Bethesda changed as little as possible when they ported Skyrim over to 64 bits. For the most part, only the memory management and rendering pipelines where changed. I don't even think Papyrus has access to more memory.

In response to post #58018921.

NewVegasJoker wrote: Been stuck using MO for like 6 years now, super functionality but one thing I hate is that it has a god awful ugly interface and annoying permission bugs. It looks like some software from the 90’s, hopefully Votex solves this problem by combining its beautiful modern interface with the super functionality from MO.

You're not the only person who's mentioned the interface being ugly, but, I've never really gotten why that's a thing. unless you're tinkering with mods so often that you have to stare at it all of the time.

In response to post #58060001. #58061656, #58062601, #58080306, #58083731 are all replies on the same post.

Ethreon wrote: You're in error because it didn't change. For more information you'll have to find the actual reason this is a thing.
DFX2K9 wrote: The reason that didn't change is because Bethesda changed as little as possible when they ported Skyrim over to 64 bits. For the most part, only the memory management and rendering pipelines where changed. I don't even think Papyrus has access to more memory.

Ethreon thanks and DFX2K9 thanks for the more detailed response that I can now understand.
So, it is unfortunate, that the entire code in not running at 64 bit.
Oh well, the biggest problem was the limited memory availability, and at least that and the rendering pipelines have been brought into the realm of modern computing for this decade :)