NMM vs Vortex

natebain

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Vortex is garbage. I downloaded it and instead of duplicating my NMM and load order settings it completely rewrote everything and rejected a bunch of mods outright. because it decided my set up was incorrect. Completely destroyed my set up for fallout 4, Skyrim , and Skyrim SE . Bad experience I wont use it again, Ill go back to loading manually first.

Vortex is garbage. I downloaded it and instead of duplicating my NMM and load order settings it completely rewrote everything and rejected a bunch of mods outright. because it decided my set up was incorrect. Completely destroyed my set up for fallout 4, Skyrim , and Skyrim SE . Bad experience I wont use it again, Ill go back to loading manually first.

As is said repeatedly on these threads, that will happen so don't switch over unless you are planning to reinstall.

You've made the mistake that has been advised too many times not to do but obviously you've skip the reading.

From the built-in Vortex Knowledge Base, which very few new users seem willing to consult: