Download speed cap increase for Supporters and non-Adblockers

Dark0ne

In response to post #64183701. #64191081, #64204401, #64206866, #64229911, #64231896, #64309901 are all replies on the same post.

zgrillo2004 wrote:

Hey. you want to stop us from using adblockers on the site? then how about remove the malware ridden ads from your site. If you cant, then Im keeping mine on. Deal with it.

megapolom wrote: Or... crazy thought right here... you could donate the 2$ and become a supporter and avoid ads altogether.
reptileye wrote: Point taken but that isn't enough.

It's pathetic. People who can pay get the benefit but people who put actual content into the site don't? what a joke.
Forzane wrote: @reptileye you as a mod author CAN get ads removed...use your DP from your wallet and get Premium for 1 month and then after that month is up you go to Supporter ...boom no ads
KZadBhat wrote: Megapolom, you mean reward the site owners for willingly using malicious ads and giving them money to stop wasting our bandwidth and attempting to infect our computers? I don't understand why it's our place to reward bad behavior, even if it is only $2.
VoidPriest wrote: That is indeed a crazy thought mega, to have to pay to not have malware infested ads. There is a reason ad blocker exists to begin with it. Zgrillo has the right of it, Sorry.
lyoko1 wrote: More than stop people using adblockers on the site they are kind of rewarding the people that do not use them or that have the supporter account, if you have adblock you can continue using the site as always, whitout changes, they are not lowering the cap for adblockers, they are increasing the cap for non adblockers and supporters, adblockers can get the same cap they aleardy had.

Technically you can sandbox the web browser that way malwares are contained and would not harm your computer.

Bad ads are not the mistake of site owners, they are the mistake of ad networks, in nexus you can report bad ads you see in the forum and the site owners ask the ad network to remove them.
So they are not willingly using malicious ads, but there is not much they can do about it other than what they do, today malicious ads are very hard to detect from their end, because those ads are very ofuscated and hard to detect, and nexus is not google or some big company to have their own ad network and a very powerful algorithm to detect malicious ads.

> Or... crazy thought right here... you could donate the 2$ and become a supporter and avoid ads altogether.

Nice try. Not going to 'support' that attitude. Edited by hendersonca

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #64222811. #64223906, #64234061, #64254026, #64271071, #64275231, #64281666, #64281796, #64299476, #64302036 are all replies on the same post.

theiillustriousfrogdog wrote: hey im gonna find a way around the adblock thing because i don't like malware from your shitty ads, peace my dude. get a patreon.
EmmaTherMermaid wrote: ya the problems with these ads are freaking ridiculous
Dark0ne wrote: We have Supporter membership, which costs $2, or Premium Membership, which costs $4.50. Either of which give you ad free for life.
lightswornknight wrote: Just pay the 2$ donation and be a supporter with no ads for life. You support them and they support you with no ads.
BlueGunk wrote: I've found my Premium Membership excellent value. I like to support this site and its managers and modders, they've given me a great amount of enjoyment over the years. It's not a lot, and it's good to know I'm helping out.
And with the new Supporter level you've got faster downloads for less cash.
Get yourself a membership!
Brennan wrote: Membership or not, my adblocker stays, and I don't whitelist any sites ads. If it was just a matter of paying for an increase in download speed, that would be fine, but trying to force me to pay to get rid of bandwidth hogging, malware laced adverts is a good way of ensuring I don't support you financially. Why would I pay you to stop bothering me with ads when I can just block them?
BuffyKillsVampires wrote: +1 Brennan's comment
F33RK1LL5 wrote: +2 BlueGunk's comment.
JohnnyXD23 wrote: If you can afford to buy a lot of games buying Supporter is no different.
anthonyjohnadlington wrote: +3 Brennan's comment.

+3 BlueGunk's comment.

Ads are fine they don't bother anything on my computer. I recently unblocked them and i haven't gotten any for the past weeks. If they take them off they don't get paid as much, if they stop making you pay same thing. The ads and memberships are what keep nexus here, they deserve a lot more than what there getting now in my opinion. Edit: Brennan your comment is a paradox it makes no sense how you said if it were just for bandwidth then fine, but it is also for ads which isn't fine. You just said you would buy it with the bandwidth but sense it takes away ads your not getting it. The purpose is to get rid of the ads so technically by that statement you would be happier with the deal sense it takes away ads and gives you bandwidth. They don't force you by the way you can still download just fine, and now they give you 2mb with no ad blocker which i'm finding fine. I can't figure out why you guys and gals are having problem with malware, I have no problems at all and i scan all the time for viruses. Edited by gamingmaster

Adblock disabled for nexus, premium membership active, current download speed... 30kbps.

I've waited a couple weeks thinking the issue might resolve itself. Some days I hit 1mbps. Other sites i'm hitting 7mbps.

What am I paying Nexus for again? Support the mod authors sure, but this site is struggling to maintain its growth. How are profits?

In response to post #64332161. #64332236 is also a reply to the same post.

CodeNamed1 wrote: Why I am capped at 1 Mt/s when I am a Supporter?? If I use Manual Download its OK but If I use Download with mod manager it says cap 1 Mt/s...
CodeNamed1 wrote: I am using MO 2

That's probably why.
This speed cap increase is live now for manual downloads and will be rolled out to Vortex within the next two weeks.

When or if at all other managers like MO 2 will be able to profit off of it, only Dark0ne can tell.

In response to post #64330581.

Jharkwey wrote: Adblock disabled for nexus, premium membership active, current download speed... 30kbps.
I've waited a couple weeks thinking the issue might resolve itself. Some days I hit 1mbps. Other sites i'm hitting 7mbps.
What am I paying Nexus for again? Support the mod authors sure, but this site is struggling to maintain its growth. How are profits?

For me it downlaods all very fast, maybe is a problem on your end or whit your internet provider