plugins don't stop sorting

DarkDominion

Does this plugin sorting problem make v. 0.17.0 unusable? Or is it an annoyance that can be overlooked if one wants to use this version?

I would avoid it, because if it doesn't stop sorting because LOOT crashes in the background, that means that the only way to get it to stop is to exit the program, and that can't be good.

That would be like shutting down your computer during a defrag

They'll have it fixed in a day or two

after reverting to 0.16.5 from 17.0 for a few days now, i tried updating to 0.17.1 from 0.16.5.

vortex is now being stuck at an endless loop of crashing, where it loads the main menu, then crashes to a white screen, then loads the main menu with a notification indicating that vortex restarted after crash, then crashes again, then loads main menu again with a second notification saying that it crashes, then crashes.........without stopping. what do? there's no error log, no nothing, therefore can't report anything about it.

after reverting to 0.16.5 from 17.0 for a few days now, i tried updating to 0.17.1 from 0.16.5.

vortex is now being stuck at an endless loop of crashing, where it loads the main menu, then crashes to a white screen, then loads the main menu with a notification indicating that vortex restarted after crash, then crashes again, then loads main menu again with a second notification saying that it crashes, then crashes.........without stopping. what do? there's no error log, no nothing, therefore can't report anything about it.

Have you checked whether any of this applies for you? https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7151166-whitescreen-reasons/

Have you checked whether any of this applies for you?ÃÂ https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7151166-whitescreen-reasons/

none unfortunately. since it doesn't throw any exception code, I presume I'm looking at unidentified exceptions. I'm using latest office 365, running on an Nvidia GPU, didn't use any jpegs for anything, no ease of access enabled. none of the unidentified exceptions apply.

EDIT:

it seems like there is a person reporting the same problem in that thread too. I disabled the Gamebryo Savegame Management and seems like it works now. no idea about what happens next though.

EDIT2:

had to roll back to 16.15 again. the "ToLocaleString" error is still persisting.

Have you checked whether any of this applies for you?ÃÂ https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7151166-whitescreen-reasons/

the "ToLocaleString" error is still persisting.

What is the exact error message you are getting? Can you make a screenshot?

the "ToLocaleString" error is still persisting.

What is the exact error message you are getting? Can you make a screenshot?

sorry for inconvenience but i'm not re-updating to .17.1 for now...

but hey the screenshot is exactly the same with the issue I faced in .17.0 as well. #8 on this thread.

my issue has also been reported to a closed GitHub issue