ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Donation Points Stats and No Ads for Mod Authors

BigBizkit

In response to post #73994788. #74008608 is also a reply to the same post.

IchBinKeinRoboter wrote: that's so cool!!! I never used the DP system because I only port the mods and I kinda feel shady if I use the system then but honestly, maybe it isn't that bad after all
Gummiel wrote: Well even porting mods are work as well. Also you can set any % of the DP you would get to go to another person, so you could give a portion of the DP from your port to the original mod author if you wanted

oh wow I didn't even know that that's awesome, but do I have to pay taxes on that?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This website is amazing, as is all the work that the staff and mod authors put into making it ever enjoyable to visit. It always blows my mind when I see someone bad-mouthing Nexus mods. This is THE place to be for both recognition, financial support and ease of use when it comes to both being a modder and being a consumer.

In response to post #74013883.

LadyDeadlock wrote: That's really fantastic. I'm glad i could have a small part in it for my fallout success. :)

BTW< Dark0ne, we met many years ago over my music. Good to see your doing such wonderful work still.

You'll have to jog my memory I'm afraid!

Its great to see the effort and the incredible work you do, both the staff members and mod authors. Happy to see this community gets bigger and better by the day.

And just to celebrate the news, I´ll be increasing my monthly patreon subscription right now, because we all deserve such an incredible quality website and such a creative and helpful community and a donation, no matter how big it is, is the way for a lot of us for helping things continue being as great as they are.

Happy gaming and modding to all!

In response to post #73994788. #74008608, #74008773 are all replies on the same post.

IchBinKeinRoboter wrote: that's so cool!!! I never used the DP system because I only port the mods and I kinda feel shady if I use the system then but honestly, maybe it isn't that bad after all
Gummiel wrote: Well even porting mods are work as well. Also you can set any % of the DP you would get to go to another person, so you could give a portion of the DP from your port to the original mod author if you wanted
IchBinKeinRoboter wrote: oh wow I didn't even know that that's awesome, but do I have to pay taxes on that?

Only if you get it paid out into actual cash (at least in most countries)
I would recommend looking into the tax code for your country - but most countries have a yearly allowed-undeclared income that any DP you *do* check out wont even get close to.

Again, look into your local tax code to be safe :)

In response to post #73996753. #73997948, #74003048, #74008568 are all replies on the same post.

Yusei0 wrote: Great System Thanks alot! better then Bethesda ever could
ff7legend wrote: Be careful... Bethesda may lock ES6 modding behind Creation Club/their crappy launcher & therefore lock out the use of an ES6 script extender...
TheVoidKnight wrote: Not likely.
Gummiel wrote: No matter how well they lock it down, someone is gonna figure out how to mod it anyway. Just gonna be a matter of it we will see mods after a week, a few months or a year or 2 maybe

ff7, they cant even lock down f76 modding, at best they can prevent you from using their official servers while using mods.

It is impossible to prevent a game from being moddable, because in the end it is binary code running on your PC, and nothing prevents you from injecting your own code into it.

If they do try and lock mods to paid - then it is just a matter of disabling whatever check they put in place to prevent "unauthorised" mods from loading.

Besides, they would be shooting themselves in the foot if they lock away modding - because they could never provide the sheer amount of content players want, their games would not sell anywhere near as much as a result.

In response to post #73996753. #73997948, #74003048, #74008568, #74033683 are all replies on the same post.

Yusei0 wrote: Great System Thanks alot! better then Bethesda ever could
ff7legend wrote: Be careful... Bethesda may lock ES6 modding behind Creation Club/their crappy launcher & therefore lock out the use of an ES6 script extender...
TheVoidKnight wrote: Not likely.
Gummiel wrote: No matter how well they lock it down, someone is gonna figure out how to mod it anyway. Just gonna be a matter of it we will see mods after a week, a few months or a year or 2 maybe
Entoarox wrote: ff7, they cant even lock down f76 modding, at best they can prevent you from using their official servers while using mods.

It is impossible to prevent a game from being moddable, because in the end it is binary code running on your PC, and nothing prevents you from injecting your own code into it.

If they do try and lock mods to paid - then it is just a matter of disabling whatever check they put in place to prevent "unauthorised" mods from loading.

Besides, they would be shooting themselves in the foot if they lock away modding - because they could never provide the sheer amount of content players want, their games would not sell anywhere near as much as a result.

Yup, no matter what they do, people will find a way to do it for free, without any stupid accounts, etc. This is modding, this stuff is ours.