Important Security Notice

BigBizkit

In response to post #76016883. #76019668 is also a reply to the same post.

1ae0bfb8 wrote:

Yes, but as it's neither, your point is moot. :P

SnowFox35 wrote: Why do you always try to start arguments? It doesn't benefit anyone, nor serve any purpose.

There's no reason why regular discussion couldn't occur here, even in controversial news threads like these.

Not everyone is automatically your enemy.

Except I think it is. Either you're wrong about this, or you just don't care to explain what you mean. So many discussions could be nice and friendly if that happened more often.

Maybe you're addressing an entirely different thing here and your explanation could clear that up instead of leaving it to the masses to interpret your meaning.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thx :smile:

But how can I change my username xD

No srsly.. I don't want that everyone can see my RL name x''D

Request for this account to be closed and create a new one after it has been closed. Details found here and here (I believe the second link will be the one you'll use as a new user).

- Edit - You will need to be on the Nexus Mods page rather than the forum page to begin this ... while you are logged in here on the forums follow this link and you'll see your avatar in the upper right corner. Click on your avatar picture and select Settings from the dropdown menu, which will bring you to the page shown in the demo clip shown on that second link above.

Edited by Striker879

Guest deleted34304850

In response to post #76016883.

1ae0bfb8 wrote:

Yes, but as it's neither, your point is moot. :tongue:

Why do you always try to start arguments? It doesn't benefit anyone, nor serve any purpose.

There's no reason why regular discussion couldn't occur here, even in controversial news threads like these.

why do you always mis-read posts?

Edited by 1ae0bfb8

Guest deleted34304850

In response to post #76016883. #76019668 is also a reply to the same post.

1ae0bfb8 wrote:

Yes, but as it's neither, your point is moot. :tongue:

SnowFox35 wrote: Why do you always try to start arguments? It doesn't benefit anyone, nor serve any purpose.

Except I think it is. Either you're wrong about this, or you just don't care to explain what you mean. So many discussions could be nice and friendly if that happened more often.

Maybe you're addressing an entirely different thing here and your explanation could clear that up instead of leaving it to the masses to interpret your meaning.

I don't think the masses give a hoot about anything I've written, and i base that on responses to various responses in this thread and some others that leave me shaking my head.

I wish there was a place where I could discuss topics with technically astute people such as yourself because that would be so much fun for me. I love to talk about technical stuff with people, and share ideas and find things out. I don't know that such a place exists any more, unless you go to somewhere like stackexchange and spend your days wading through a lot of background noise to find pearls.

anyway i digress. sorry if this is a cop-out response.

I do not plan on reading any posts.

What I will say is this: After being around computers since 1986, I have come to the opinion that John Mcafee was right. Computer Security is an oxymoron. Why? Simple. The architecture that these systems were designed around is OPEN ARCHITECTURE. The IBM PC, the Internet, and so on.

Short of unplugging your computer from the internet and the wall outlet and locking it in a vault, you can be hacked.

PS: I still have my 80286 w/802878 math co-processor. It still runs and is still date correct. Those were really fun days. OH! WOW! A 20MG hard drive!!!! LMAO!!!

What I will say is this: After being around computers since 1986, I have come to the opinion that John Mcafee was right. Computer Security is an oxymoron. Why? Simple. The architecture that these systems were designed around is OPEN ARCHITECTURE. The IBM PC, the Internet, and so on.

Short of unplugging your computer from the internet and the wall outlet and locking it in a vault, you can be hacked.

PS: I still have my 80286 w/802878 math co-processor. It still runs and is still date correct. Those were really fun days. OH! WOW! A 20MG hard drive!!!! LMAO!!!

And a 20 mb hd was expensive back then too.

I still have my 256k ram expansion for my C64, and the 4 mb ram expansion for my Atari STE

In response to post #76037328.

HadToRegister wrote:

I still have my 256k ram expansion for my C64, and the 4 mb ram expansion for my Atari STE

I can no longer recall... Did those take simms, dimms, or was the memory hardwired & non upgradable?
Cool post, happy New Year.

P.S.
I had an old friend (Past on now) who ran a 486 using Open BSD & had the internet running on that thing at speeds faster then any modern machine commercially available. He was a nut, in the good way. Edited by SkyRaidFuneral

In response to post #76037328. #76061338 is also a reply to the same post.

HadToRegister wrote:

SkyRaidFuneral wrote: I can no longer recall... Did those take simms, dimms, or was the memory hardwired & non upgradable?
Cool post, happy New Year.

P.S.
I had an old friend (Past on now) who ran a 486 using Open BSD & had the internet running on that thing at speeds faster then any modern machine commercially available. He was a nut, in the good way.

The 256K Commodore Expansion was a rather large Cartridge that plugged into the cartridge slot on the back of the C64, non upgradable.

The 4 meg expansion for the Atari STE was a really fragile thing, where you had to pop out the CPU, then insert the 4 Meg 'socket' into the CPU socket, then insert the CPU back into the socket of the 4 meg expansion.
That one was a real pain to install, and was also non upgradeable, you had to buy it in the flavor you wanted it, IIRC 2 megs or 4 megs