• 21-30
    • 31-40
    • 41-50
    • 51-60
    • 61-70
    • 70-80
    • 81-90
    • 91-100+

Howdy ... good to see you around again ... err I mean me being around again to see you :cool:

I've been keeping an eye on you since you've resurfaced Mk (the ones that I have that don't have any of that 'evil' stuff in them ... nothing to fear here).

OIC ... and you're from up north ... so that might explain the cold breeze over my shoulder :huh:

Hehe lol ... but I guess I better disclaimer the tumbler comment.

I have never been on tumbler so I have no Idea ... and am just a victim of rumors :ermm:

Peeps with ~Evil~ in them eh ? You mean like that wordsmith formerly known as Pagafyr ?

And his evil plan to turn pizza into a breakfast cereal ?

Only appropriate when accompanied by warm beer ... and I've had to leave those fun times behind.

Only tumblr I can recall was coming out of the shower at work decades ago. That hip does seem to act up now and then ... maybe a supplementary source of retirement income?? May need to consult a lawyer on that. I wonder if the lawyer would make more out of it that me ... every path is fraught with doubt!!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple years ago, I would have been confused. Would I put my tick in the 61-70 category, or the 70-80 category. I guess it would be a choice based on attitude and whether you feel 70 years young or 70 years old.

Now it's much easier. I am well into the latter.

Just asking out of curiosity Bearer of Scythes ... does this work like a seniority list? Just wondering about possible increased benefits that may be forthcoming for me in a bit more than a year when I too 'up-bracket' (or maybe that's 'down-bracket' if Hey is onto something).

A couple years ago, I would have been confused. Would I put my tick in the 61-70 category, or the 70-80 category. I guess it would be a choice based on attitude and whether you feel 70 years young or 70 years old.

Just asking out of curiosity Bearer of Scythes ... does this work like a seniority list? Just wondering about possible increased benefits that may be forthcoming for me in a bit more than a year when I too 'up-bracket' (or maybe that's 'down-bracket' if Hey is onto something).

My point was nothing so esoteric. I was trying to point out the overlap between 61-70 and 70-80 with a touch of humor. Every other age group except the first two and 70-80 covers a decade. The first two are fragments, while the 70 - 80 age group covers the last year of the previous decade as well as the eighth decade.

If your query is about the "benefits" of being 70+ years old, there are none. In fact, as you age, you get marginalized, ignored, shuffled off to "care facilities", discounted, and treated like you have already died. Your values are no longer respected because honesty, and truthfulness aren't important, while appearances are all. If there is a problem in the world, it is your fault, because half a century ago, in your 20s (the same age as some of these dumb f^cks), you bought a gas burning automobile and caused global warming, or went to Vietnam and killed babies or owned a gun or had "relations" with a couple different girlfriends. Then there are the younger people who seem to think we are a waste of space because we got old and can't run as fast or work as long. In fact, once old people get past being grandies to small grandchildren, they are basically expected to crawl into a corner and die because they have nothing more to contribute to the world. And it doesn't stop there, as one political party thinks that us old farts are a drain on the government because we expect to get some of the money we paid in Social Security Taxes back after we retire.

Does that answer your question?

Edit: As evidence, the age group covered by the 70-80 age range are currently the group born in the late 40s to late 50s, and are known as "Baby Boomers". Today, the young and stupid < REMOVED: A negative appellation referencing the anus > use our very existence as an insult, as in "< REMOVED: obscenity referencing intercourse > boomers".

Edited by ScytheBearer

If your query is about the "benefits" of being 70+ years old, there are none.

Au con-traire ... if you live in Florida or other such states ... you can shoot the youngsters for getting salty with you.

In fact, as you age, you get marginalized, ignored, shuffled off to "care facilities", discounted, and treated like you have already died.

Well I'm sure many many generations ago , this was still in effect ... but had much more dire consequences. So from an evolutionary stand point ... I would say there is less of it happening in relation to probability and age groups.

If there is a problem in the world, it is your fault, because half a century ago

The problems with every successive generation these days ... can pretty much be traced back to the start of child labor laws. Because then kids could run the streets not having to work 14 hrs a day from age 5.

Which led to the need to invent the matinee movie showing ... thereby causing old people of today trying to relive their youth and go to a matinee. End up encountering a cellphone user , that a salts and butters them with popcorn.

But the precedence has now been set ... that you can shoot them .

Feel Better ?

For clarity ... I was trying to be jokey ... and I am neither anti nor pro gun .

Not that I don't have an opinion on it ... just that the subject might could be considered a religious topic ... and those of course are not allowed here :armscrossed:

My point was nothing so esoteric. I was trying to point out the overlap between 61-70 and 70-80 with a touch of humor. Every other age group except the first two and 70-80 covers a decade. The first to are fragments, while the 70 - 80 age group covers the last year of the previous decade as well as the eighth decade.

If your query is about the "benefits" of being 70+ years old, there are none. In fact, as you age, you get marginalized, ignored, shuffled off to "care facilities", discounted, and treated like you have already died. Your values are no longer respected because honesty, and truthfulness aren't important, while appearances are all. If there is a problem in the world, it is your fault, because half a century ago, in your 20s (the same age as some of these dumb f^cks), you bought a gas burning automobile and caused global warming, or went to Vietnam and killed babies or owned a gun or had "relations" with a couple different girlfriends. Then there are the younger people who seem to think we are a waste of space because we got old and can't run as fast or work as long. In fact, once old people get past being grandies to small grandchildren, they are basically expected to crawl into a corner and die because they have nothing more to contribute to the world. And it doesn't stop there, as one political party thinks that us old farts are a drain on the government because we expect to get some of the money we paid in Social Security Taxes back after we retire.

Does that answer your question?

Yes it does Scythe, and I do understand all of the points you raise (though I do admit to needing a prod to notice the age bracket discrepency ... now the 'half-full' Striker has spotted an opportunity to milk one more year of membership in 60 to 70's, but don't worry, the half-empty Striker still has a room here at the Striker Manor down in the basement, rooming with Mr Murphy). I too was making light of a situation (getting older) that happens whether or not I like the idea.

I'm very fortunate in so far as I think I have a fair bit of duck DNA (stuff just rolls off me). Probably ticks off those around me when that same strange DNA mix sets me to quacking though.

Nothing is free I guess.

I'm very fortunate in so far as I think I have a fair bit of duck DNA (stuff just rolls off me). Probably ticks off those around me when that same strange DNA mix sets me to quacking though.

Nothing is free I guess.

I Always knew you were a Quacker ... something about ducks and up^north .

Maybe we need to get the old text dungeon thread going :devil: ?/?

But you might have to DM ... cuz my attention span is shot with my latest modding effort ... an FNV Follower mod I've been helping out on ... and the writer been cookin it for 10 years .

Some good stuff IMO ... hope we can make it Render .

My wife and I both turned 40 in Oct and Nov. And I still feel young. Even though I treat my body like a garbage now lol.

I abused myself for many decades in various fashions..... In my 40's, I was diagnosed with MS... and that REALLY put a damper on things. I don't abuse myself quite as much now..... but, I don't feel like engaging in abusive behaviors either. :D Am I growing up? Or am I growing old? :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...