⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

ESL flagging with Wrye Bash being removed by Vortex

Hatchet101
Go to solution Solved by Pickysaurus,

I have found a couple of unrelated bugs when looking into this (which I have reported)

1) Setting plugins light as a batch action doesn't update the table UI (but does set the flag)

2) Marking plugins light with Vortex trigger the external changes window (I'm not sure if this is intended, but it doesn't feel like it should)

I have found a couple of unrelated bugs when looking into this (which I have reported)

1) Setting plugins light as a batch action doesn't update the table UI (but does set the flag)

2) Marking plugins light with Vortex trigger the external changes window (I'm not sure if this is intended, but it doesn't feel like it should)

Interesting.

I've converted 128 mods to light using Vortex, and I don't recall Vortex notifying me that Vortex changed files outside of Vortex.

So, yea, that doesn't seem right at all.

I also haven't experienced any weirdness with WryeBash either, however, I am still using 1.2.20

(Not that that helps much, but it does indicate that SOMETHING has changed from 1.2.20 to whatever the newest version is)

I just did a little test, and my working theory is now that Wyrebash's edit resaves the plugin with a date that is slightly older than the one the file had originally.

I suspect it's to do with EPOC timestamps or something. So the different could literally be milliseconds, but if so the issue is definitely on Wyrebash's end.

I don't think so. I can't 100% certain at this point. But I don't think this was happening with past versions of Vortex.

Would "save changes" option work instead of "use newer file" if unfixable?

I just did a little test, and my working theory is now that Wyrebash's edit resaves the plugin with a date that is slightly older than the one the file had originally.

I suspect it's to do with EPOC timestamps or something. So the different could literally be milliseconds, but if so the issue is definitely on Wyrebash's end.

Yet it works fine with Vortex 1.2.20

Ok so when I replicated this it was only a problem when selecting "Use newer file", selecting "Use deployed file" would save the changes properly.

My theory is down to date precision:

Vortex may save it as 12/11/2020 14:19:00.2132
And Wyre does it as 12/11/2020 14:19:00.0000

This would make the Wyrebash saved version older (technically). Wyrebash is a old piece of software, so it probably isn't as precise with the dates as Vortex.

Ok so when I replicated this it was only a problem when selecting "Use newer file", selecting "Use deployed file" would save the changes properly.

My theory is down to date precision:

Vortex may save it as 12/11/2020 14:19:00.2132

And Wyre does it as 12/11/2020 14:19:00.0000

This would make the Wyrebash saved version older (technically). Wyrebash is a old piece of software, so it probably isn't as precise with the dates as Vortex.

The Wrye Bash I use, was updated October 2020

The Vortex I use is 1.2.20

I converted 128 esps for Skyrim SE to ESPfe with Vortex.

I load them up in Wryebash (Running it from Vortex, so Vortex is STILL Open) in order to make a bashed patch.

I then quit Wryebash, and enable the Bashed Patch in Vortex, and am never notified about any file changes.

When I quit Vortex and load it, and do any operations that require a deployment, I've never seen a notification about any of the files I converted to ESPfe and loaded in WryeBash as "Changed"

@Pickysaurus, that's all well and good. But why is this all of a sudden a problem? HTR has confirmed that it doesn't happen in 1.2.20.