Really simple request - ModPak's

MikeInWare
Go to solution Solved by Pickysaurus,

I would like ModPack's from well known modders who get their fair cut of the proceeds from a user downloading a ModPak. As a father I just don't have no wish to waste time modding anymore or figuring out arcane load orders or LOOT glitches etc. Family comes first. It would save me tons of time to pay a fee to download them.

We are working on a system similar to Steam Collections, however "Mod Packs" in the Minecraft sense (all mods inside a single download) are not likely to ever be a thing on our site.

Thats odd, seeing as Tannin himself said ModPacks will be a huge feature of Vortex and enable more people to enjoy mods etc. I dont think the question is answered as you are just the community manager.

We are working on a system similar to Steam Collections, however "Mod Packs" in the Minecraft sense (all mods inside a single download) are not likely to ever be a thing on our site.

Thats odd, seeing as Tannin himself said ModPacks will be a huge feature of Vortex and enable more people to enjoy mods etc. I dont think the question is answered as you are just the community manager.

He's not "Just" the community manager, he also works on Vortex.

I don't know why you bother asking questions when you never believe the answers you're given, just like when we tried to help you in the Vortex Support forum.

The staff at Nexus has said that it will take a while to implement and to be patient.

This isn't something that can happen in a few days.

It will take months.

I'm curious, where was this said? The confusion may come in that we initialled called our system "Mod Packs", but that phrase has a mostly negative association in the community. Tannin may have meant the exact system I described, but just used the "old" name for it.

Hmm. I urge Nexus to NOT pursue this idea of a STEAM Collection knockoff. One of the Nexus community strengths is the idea that all madders are created equal. These packs will create a hierarchy and disenfranchise modders from creating smaller less visible mods (often the most creative ones) or discourage anyone from starting to learn how to create mods in the first place because the only mods that will get downloaded are the ones featured in these "packs".

Hmm. I urge Nexus to NOT pursue this idea of a STEAM Collection knockoff. One of the Nexus community strengths is the idea that all madders are created equal. These packs will create a hierarchy and disenfranchise modders from creating smaller less visible mods (often the most creative ones) or discourage anyone from starting to learn how to create mods in the first place because the only mods that will get downloaded are the ones featured in these "packs".

I'm not going to debate the topic here. I have nothing to add until a point where we actually have something to show you guys. To put it in context, one of the reasons it's taking as a while to do this is what we're trying to come up with a system that is fair for everyone - including doing a lot of research (such as a mod author only survey in August 2019). I hope I'm not asking too much when I say, give us the benefit of the doubt. Nexus Mods has been around from almost 20 years, so I do like to think we have a good understanding of the needs and wishes of the community.

These doom and gloom scenarios are generally baseless and it me sad when users try and aggressively criticise an idea/system that we haven't revealed any details about yet.

This post is already answered so I feel it's best to lock the thread at this point.