⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

why is conspiracy such a widespread problem ?

xrayy

I didn't follow your link. This thread is about conspiracy, I am attempting to illustrate why conspiracy theory is a dirty word for many and why people choose to entertain the possibility of them being true.

You don't seem to be able to follow the subject at hand.. the vaccine is just an example.

Critical thinking is not believing something you read from so called experts. Experts have agendas and self interests like everyone else. Not too long ago you would see doctors espousing the safety and health benefits of smoking.. There is a lot of things happening that have erroded trust in institutions, to me that is a good thing as it makes it harder for bad people to do bad things and with skepticism comes critical thinking.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conspiracy is what the left calls uncomfortable examinations of their widely held opinions that pass for fact.

The founders believed in Free Speech , the left believes in censorship.

The LEFT believes in censorship?

It's the RIGHT, that's taking away our rights to protest, to vote, among other things.

The right blames the left, for what the Right is actually doing.

It worked in 1930s Germany too.

Kindly name any Liberal who has been censored or banned on Twitter, YouTube, Google or Facebook.

The cancel culture is a liberal creature. Nice try but the left most closely resembles Nazi Germany of the 1930's.

The left's modus operandi is indoctrination of the youth before they have the ability to realize that they are being used in a much larger game.

Doxing, boycotts and racial stereotyping are left wing tactics that Goebbels would approve of.

ANTIFA are your Brown Shirt SA street thugs. You lot decry Voter ID but are perfectly willing to mandate Vaccination ID's.

Liberal hypocrisy seeming has no bounds or shame for that matter..

The biggest problem with these debates isn't the skill of those who are posting them to share and debate. It's the facts that are available from every school register and student evaluation paper. The HS Graduates are few that can read and write at the level of eight grade reading and writing. Newspapers in local cities and towns reason with the graduates and now the present day, graduates, can't even follow a story in the local towns newspaper. Hence debating is getting seen only by the geniuses that post to it.

I'm not telling! I not sharing! The truth is that we don't dare tell the truth around illiterate people, because it would be considered a conspiracy if we made a comment that we would have to prove to the illiterate to save our self from being ridiculed out of our mind, by the people who are barely able to read.

Anyone here know what the Majority of readers between 18 to 22 years old are able to comprehend?

Their only concerns are with what Epicurus says we all are really looking for. Do I need to post a quote for all of you? I don't really want to because than a senior in high school might get it and stop learning well enough to reason with us.

The internet in my opinion is a big a part of the problem. Before the internet existed, those who tried to spread conspiracies had to do so publicly to some degree, and it was pretty difficult for anyone interested to show that interest due to how that would affect their public image. Plus, with a smaller population, and information typically being restricted fairly locally outside of TV and Radio ... things just didn't spread like they do today. Though that did have it's own problems where the media was able to control information pretty much entirely and they have not been known to be above spreading false info either (though it was far more controlled than say ... the internet).

Today we live in a world where false info is spread on a pretty consistent bases, and now it's also far easier for people to communicate across the world about their conspiracies with like minded people while staying anonymous. Basically the internet is one of the greatest tools invented for spreading information but is also one of the worst invented because it's just as easy to spread misinformation. Most people are terrible at sifting through the crap, and will typically only ever listen and search for those who confirm already existing beliefs, and shut out anyone who tries to combat their views. You have ignore, block, shadow ban, etc ... and these days most people use it to filter out anything they don't want to hear. It's become an echo chamber.

See, I personally have had to deal with a conspiracy theorist all the time because my Mom just believes anything she sees or hears on the internet as long as it aligns with the idea that the world is coming to an end. It's honestly frustrating and stressful to have to deal with. She seriously once sent me a video of some guy claiming covid was caused by 5g. I then had to point out how the equipment in the video was an old cable television box. But of course, I don't know what I am talking about in her mind. I am just a telecom trade degree grad, but sure lol.

Honestly, I hate misinformation.

It's the RIGHT, that's taking away our rights to protest, to vote, among other things.

Kindly name any Liberal who has been censored or banned on Twitter, YouTube, Google or Facebook.

The cancel culture is a liberal creature. Nice try but the left most closely resembles Nazi Germany of the 1930's.

The left's modus operandi is indoctrination of the youth before they have the ability to realize that they are being used in a much larger game.

Doxing, boycotts and racial stereotyping are left wing tactics that Goebbels would approve of.

ANTIFA are your Brown Shirt SA street thugs. You lot decry Voter ID but are perfectly willing to mandate Vaccination ID's.

Something very important to learn is not everyone on the left is the same, just as not everyone on the right is the same. It's impossible to group all views into strictly a two party system. So I wish people would stop doing this whole ... the left does this or the right does that. Both sides look terrible when you compare them by their worst members.

Edit: BTW, this is a response to both of you.

Conspiracy is what the left calls uncomfortable examinations of their widely held opinions that pass for fact.

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.

-- Joseph Goebbels

Some here are expert at repeating the lies of those who seek to be the heirs of Joseph Goebbels. In fact, they have repeated the lies so often that they now believe the lies themselves, and have made the lies their truth.

Do not contest these true believers. They know no better. The lies have become their religion, and the fellow believers in the lies have become their tribe. They are beyond redemption, beyond recovery, beyond civilizing. They have become feral beasts who are fueled by their hatred of any who are not a member of their tribe. They will wrap themselves in patriotic symbols while spouting their hatred of those who are not of their tribe. There is no room in the world for any who are not of their tribe, and they are willing to destroy the world to destroy the others.

Instead, pity them. For, when they have successfully eliminated the non-believers, they will turn upon themselves. Anyone who faltered in their belief, or questioned the lies, who exercised free thought will be hunted down and destroyed. Their tribe will eviscerate itself, and then feed on their own entrails. And, when they are done, humanity will be free to start anew, planting the seeds of the next great collapse in the corpses of the tribe which has destroyed itself.

The cycle is never ending. Just remember, the lies they tell to and about others may be forgiven. The lies they tell themselves are unforgivable, for that way lies their insanity.

Edited by ScytheBearer

The internet in my opinion is a big a part of the problem. Before the internet existed, those who tried to spread conspiracies had to do so publicly to some degree, and it was pretty difficult for anyone interested to show that interest due to how that would affect their public image. Plus, with a smaller population, and information typically being restricted fairly locally outside of TV and Radio ... things just didn't spread like they do today. Though that did have it's own problems where the media was able to control information pretty much entirely and they have not been known to be above spreading false info either (though it was far more controlled than say ... the internet).

Today we live in a world where false info is spread on a pretty consistent bases, and now it's also far easier for people to communicate across the world about their conspiracies with like minded people while staying anonymous. Basically the internet is one of the greatest tools invented for spreading information but is also one of the worst invented because it's just as easy to spread misinformation. Most people are terrible at sifting through the crap, and will typically only ever listen and search for those who confirm already existing beliefs, and shut out anyone who tries to combat their views. You have ignore, block, shadow ban, etc ... and these days most people use it to filter out anything they don't want to hear. It's become an echo chamber.

See, I personally have had to deal with a conspiracy theorist all the time because my Mom just believes anything she sees or hears on the internet as long as it aligns with the idea that the world is coming to an end. It's honestly frustrating and stressful to have to deal with. She seriously once sent me a video of some guy claiming covid was caused by 5g. I then had to point out how the equipment in the video was an old cable television box. But of course, I don't know what I am talking about in her mind. I am just a telecom trade degree grad, but sure lol.

Honestly, I hate misinformation.

Something very important to learn is not everyone on the left is the same, just as not everyone on the right is the same. It's impossible to group all views into strictly a two party system. So I wish people would stop doing this whole ... the left does this or the right does that. Both sides look terrible when you compare them by their worst members.

Edit: BTW, this is a response to both of you.

Misinformation is definitely a problem for educated researchers looking for supportive content in their field of study.

I grew up where the neighbors installed radiation shelters, simply called bomb shelters. A family put one in their yard. While it was being installed it was the main attraction for every child between four to twelve years of age during the year 1953.

Survivalists from those years during the cold war are likely to rush to the bomb shelter the instant someone says A-BOMB. They check their supplies, resupply, and buy all that they need during the time it takes to find out that the information that was spread was started out by someone that just posted about seeing the trailer for the latest on a video game review; and it was about Fallout!

wow, this is a very nice (mis)interpretation of conspiracy. and you really think this stupid claim will anyone take serious ? could be nice material for the left to make jokes about the right for understandable reasons.

it is a kind of nice entertainment and also a sad proof that you live on your own special planet without contact to any valuable and valid information. in what country do you live ?

seems you are in great in danger to get caught or to be already part of a conspiracy circle. a clear sign of that is the obvious lack and inability of proper self reflection.

In a democracy the politicians would have everything to lose and nothing to win trampling people's rights:

-they would have nothing to win because all the parties would have the same financing so the elections would not be rigged and the corrupt politicians would not receive more money as they assist the public poisoners and slavers bosses

Who finds it perfectly normal to see the bosses who finance the elections choose the executive power the same way than the executives of a marxist-leninist party? The right-wing/fascists.

-in a democracy the politicians would not get richer through bribes as they serve the bosses because the cumulation of powers and notably of a political and an economical power would be forbidden and the laws would force the bosses to respect the workers' rights wherever they go

Who finds it perfectly norml to see those who control the economy control the policy like in a marxist-leninist country? The right-wing/fascists.

-in a democracy anyone who tramples people's rights would be systematically denunced by independent medias.
Who finds it perfectly normal to see those who control the economy and the policy also control the medias like in a marxist-leninist country? The right-wing/fascists.

-in a democracy anyone who tramples people's rights would be systemically punished by an independent justice applying equitable penalties depending on the facts rather than on the power ratios
Who finds it perfectly normal to see the rich criminals get unpunished through bribes, always supports death penalty when the victim is likely to be innocent and always opposes it when there is no risk of judicial fault and the culprit only has to wait until the popular pressure falls to be released? The right-wing/fascists.

But excepting all these details the problems only come from the liberal left-wing. 12.gif