Please remove the ability to remove the STARTER from the Dashboard

HadToRegister

It's far too easy to click the X and remove the Starter from the Dashboard, and apparently much too difficult for people to find how to turn it back on.

It causes a LOT of unnecessary HELP threads

Is it even necessary to be able to remove the starter?
It kind of makes the whole point of Vortex useless when removed, which is why I question why the option even exists.

After all, that's where all the tools for each game resides.

Maybe I am a bit dense. What is the "Starter"? If you mean the game launch applet, mine only has 'make primary" or "edit" for options when you click the three dots thingy. Whatever it is, it is hardly "the whole point of Vortex".

Guest deleted34304850

not everything should be taken as absolute literal.

it's the option that people will click, in complete innocence and the whole dashboard goes away. putting it back is easy - but not obvious. there are about 20 posts - probably more - from people who have randomly clicked something, lost everything and have gone into meltdown (dont take this literally, absolutely no-one melted).

Got it. Maybe I never noticed before, because you can't teach an old dog new tricks, so to speak. I almost never launch any apps from there. Only FNIS, because it has been well integrated into Vortex.

Got it. Maybe I never noticed before, because you can't teach an old dog new tricks, so to speak. I almost never launch any apps from there. Only FNIS, because it has been well integrated into Vortex.

Here's my current Skyrim Starter Dashlet

I find it indispensable, and very handy for when I'm editing ESPs, etc, because I have a "One Stop Shopping" experience because I don't even have to leave Vortex to do any of these things.

I have WryeBash set up the same way too, where I have all of the tools right in the interface so I don't have to go digging for them in folders scattered around my hard drive.

Starter-Dashboard-current.jpg