"You cannot reply to this topic"

Ghia

I was royally confused about the sudden inability to reply using the forums, until I found this discussion! :confused:

Since you are developing new features, perhaps you can put the Emoticon System into the new mod page comment editing bars? So we can call up emoticons.

One of the benefits of the old Forum approach was easy access to Emoticons, which enabled Asperger-types like me to deliver or receive the right interpretation of peoples' comments. :D (emoticon to express delight at forthcoming features....!)

This is actually a bit more difficult than it sounds, but it's on a future improvement list. We'll either do that or at some point we'll make it so our comments support Unicode emoji.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was royally confused about the sudden inability to reply using the forums, until I found this discussion! :confused:

Since you are developing new features, perhaps you can put the Emoticon System into the new mod page comment editing bars? So we can call up emoticons.

One of the benefits of the old Forum approach was easy access to Emoticons, which enabled Asperger-types like me to deliver or receive the right interpretation of peoples' comments. :D (emoticon to express delight at forthcoming features....!)

This is actually a bit more difficult than it sounds, but it's on a future improvement list. We'll either do that or at some point we'll make it so our comments support Unicode emoji.

Cheers! Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

i know this thread is probably dead, but i got to the bodyslide and outfit studio thread, and i cant post a question about it, why?

Are you trying to post on the forum side? That functionality was removed from the forums, and you can only post comments on the specific mod pages now.

I might be missing something obvious, but when I run across these threads I can't comment on, I can never find the actual thread to comment on

If it is a thread connected to the comments section of a mod, then the very first post will include a link to the mod.

That said, one of the reasons why you can't comment in the forums is because the forum posts and the comment threads do not properly match. So you might need to search for the comment thread within the mod's comment section.

If it is a thread connected to a news article or other document then it seems to be much harder to locate the original article. The posts in "Network news and announcements" for instance all require you to search through the news article section to find the relevant article.

Edited by showler