108 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017,834 posts
Forgotten Magic Redone - Ordinator Compatibility Patch

Makes some of the cooler perk effects in the Ordinator magic trees work with FMR.

dovajoaquim

dovajoaquim

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts
Interesting , i'm giving it a try . Thanks man.

Barchetta3223

Barchetta3223

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
Never realized there was a problem between the 2. Hammer of Justice definitely doesnít need an edit though. I was a 1h Paladin using HoJ in Vigilant and I was more or less 1-2 hitting everything.

Iíll keep an eye on this as it progresses.

theninjew

theninjew

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
In response to post #59431716.

Spoiler

Nah, both HoJ and Arcane Weapon had all the right keywords in place to work right off the shelf, so I left them alone. I actually have a similar build to yours with one of my characters, which is why I'd like to get Divine Light and Holy Bolt into line with the other scaling spells.

As it stands right now, you've got one "Ah kick ass for the lawd!" facemelt with Holy Bolt before Divine Avenger goes on CD and you might as well be throwing cotton candy. Not really ideal.

kam0ka

kam0ka

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
As someone who self-ported Smart Cast to SE and uses FMR spells on triggered auto-casts/dispells (cast Divine Armor + Salamander Touch + Earthbound Weapon on weapon draw + in combat state, dispell on weapon sheathe + out of combat; cast Phantom Shroud + Muffle on sneak, dispell on stand up; cast Divine Light/Healing Touch when HP below X%), as well as Ordinator, I'm intrigued by this mod.

My character is a tank class (heavy armor + 1H + shield, with sneak + archery to quench the thirst for snipering goodness). I only put a few perks on the magic trees, mostly for the reduced casting costs and improved spell duration, with a few exceptions here and there (notably the Silent Cast and Night Eye perks from Illusion, and a few perks from Restoration to increase healing effectiveness). On this playthrough, I'm using Arcane Weapon as a bow, with perks on the Conjuration tree up to the bound weapon soultrap perk. I'm not sure if this mod is useful to me at all. Everything seems to be working fine so far.

druninja

druninja

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,525 posts
its deceiving to call this a comparability patch. Forgotten Magic is balanced around the fact their spells dont use the perks. You arent making this compatible with ordinator, you are breaking the balance intended by both mod authors, which is fine to do its your game play how you want to play, but its not a comparability patch

theninjew

theninjew

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
In response to post #59442556.

Spoiler

If that's all you use, you probably don't need this. The bound weapons and buffs like those work together with Ordinator right off the shelf.

But thanks for asking though, I realize I definitely should have been clearer that most things already work fine and this isn't needed for everybody. Now there's a big bold disclaimer.

Edited by theninjew, 22 April 2018 - 08:06 AM.

SmaiGirl

SmaiGirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Tracking! I look forward to the poison/disease spells being Restoration :) thanks for your effort and time

c0c0c0

c0c0c0

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
I don't use those spells, but I do use both of those mods, so I'm tracking this. You never know...

wynterknight

wynterknight

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
Oh man, I'm super excited about this. I'll keep my finders crossed that you figure out how to get Holy Bolt to scale, but even just what you've done so far is going to be fun to play with. Thanks!

Page loaded in: 1.053 seconds