Official Vortex Beta Release

Dark0ne

Vortex is great and all, a clearly improvement over Nexus Mod Manager, but i preffer Mod Organizer 2, i like to have the main game on a ssd and the mods on a hdd and have a virtual link

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #64244196. #64245316 is also a reply to the same post.

Stormcrafter134 wrote: War, War Never Changes

In 2007, this great community accepted, that game modding was the only way to preserve our rights, to fun, enjoyment, and the pursuit of happiness, if our founding Modders could only see us now. From Fallout to Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age to Mass Effect, we have Modded, and now, the Online menace, is at our doorstep, Single player itself is under threat of annihilation.

That is why today, on October 9th 2018, 11 years after our great website began, we gather together to honour the completion, of Vortex Mod Manager, this sprawling, Intricate system, may have been engineered by Black Tree, but it was built by you, the good people of the internet, so that if Online games do come, if the end does come, our way of Gaming, will endure, but not everyone will be saved, those chosen to enter this site must be our best and our brightest, for when the updates have stopped and the servers have settled, you must rebuild, not just mods, not just load orders, but hearts, and minds, and ultimately single player itself, so as we stand here today, we pray that the Internet will know peace, but if that is not our destiny, if war must come, we stand together knowing that here on Vortex Mod Manager,
our future begins...
Pickysaurus wrote: Nice! :D

Cool! :) Edited by IvanZhong

In response to post #64245856.

lyoko1 wrote: Vortex is great and all, a clearly improvement over Nexus Mod Manager, but i preffer Mod Organizer 2, i like to have the main game on a ssd and the mods on a hdd and have a virtual link

You could already do that on NMM so I imagine it is a feature in vortex as well but I haven't dug in to it yet.

So... I made a mistake. I deleted NMM before installing, so I can't import directly. Vortex doesn't seem to be able to find the mods on its own (it does find plugins). Should I delete game files and do a clean installation using Vortex to download the mods?

Thanks!

In response to post #64242756. #64243356, #64247481 are all replies on the same post.

DoverWolf wrote: cant import my mods from NMM 65.2 with vortex
Pickysaurus wrote: It can import from NMM 0.63+
DoverWolf wrote: I get this error when trying to import from NMM
No NMM install found with mods for this game. please note only nmm 0.63 is supported

No it gets mods from .63-.

In response to post #64241181.

Robbie922004 wrote: Vortex is more of a headache than running other mod managers in tandem with LOOT. I would highly recommend against using this if you're a new mod user. Try Wrye, MO, or NMM + LOOT instead, and save yourself some hassle.

Manual load order adjustment is the most basic feature a mod manager can have, and Vortex doesn't have it. I know that you guys are committed to Vortex and, for some reason, this way of doing things. I just hope that you don't remove NMM completely to drive people to Vortex. I hope that you leave it up for download indefinitely.

Due to the lack of manual load order management, I cannot call Vortex a mod manager for BGS games... just a fancy UI wrapper for LOOT.