⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

How do I remove an old file from an older version of my mods now?

Deleted31005User

I am curious, does anyone here know the purpose of this? Or where I can maybe read about it? I can;t seem to find the right place for that info.

EDIT: Nevermind I found it in general mod authors forum

Same curiosity, old files can no longer be removed, even by setting differently, only option is the archive. :dry:

But how about when I totally delete my entire mod page, will people still be able to get my mod through the API from a mod pack that is requesting my mod to be downloaded?

If this is true, then effectively Nexus has control over my mod and I as a mod author have nothing to say anymore??

While I do understand the positives about this change regarding mod packs, it does sound very negative to me as well since Nexus steals my work then and I have no control at all anymore to remove it if I would wish so, they even just send me a mail telling me I have 1 months to delete my files if I disagree with this.

Even a mod that is deleted can just be downloaded through a mod pack and the mod author has nothing to say about it, the author no longer has control of their own mod, Nexus does... how can this possibly be in line with mod ownership and the rights of the author over hes own work? its in total contradiction of this, I don't understand how Nexus can do such a thing, redistributing the work of people against their will without their permission just because someone else made a mod pack about it...

How is this any different than mod theft, someone taking my mods and uploading them against my will on other websites, and while I would agree to this for the moment since Nexus has "mostly" been good to me, I don't know what Nexus will be in the future or what other changes they will push through, but by then I will no longer have any option to permanently delete my files and they will just keep redistributing it even if its against my will, like what the heck, what about my author rights?

So in essence, we no longer have author rights and we give our mods along with our author rights to Nexus and they can keep using them for as long as they wish, this is what it comes down to in a nutshell if I understand it correctly, because apparently a mod pack put together by any random person trumps the author rights of actual modders spending months/years on their work.

I can already see it coming, an author removed hes mods and all people have to do is download a specific mod pack to take that one mod out of that mod pack while deleting the rest of the mod pack, If Nexus wants to buy my mods for their mod packs then they should let me know, but stealing it like this without me ever being able to remove them smells really fishy, not to mention they are also planning on giving donations points and allowing donations to people who create the mod packs.

Yes I have read this page: https://www.nexusmods.com/news/14538

and I still don't understand how Nexus can do this, its against author rights, I'm supposed to have full control over my mod, Nexus is taking that away, I thought nexus was supposed to be an "art gallery" where people can enjoy my work but in the end its my work and I can do with it as I wish, how can this be when I'm not allowed to remove my "art" and the gallery keeps it permanently against my will, that's theft.

Edited by Guest

But how about when I totally delete my entire mod page, will people still be able to get my mod through the API from a mod pack that is requesting my mod to be downloaded?

If this is true, then effectively Nexus has control over my mod and I as a mod author have nothing to say anymore??

While I do understand the positives about this change regarding mod packs, it does sound very negative to me as well since Nexus steals my work then and I have no control at all anymore to remove it if I would wish so, they even just send me a mail telling me I have 1 months to delete my files if I disagree with this.

Even a mod that is deleted can just be downloaded through a mod pack and the mod author has nothing to say about it, the author no longer has control of their own mod, Nexus does... how can this possibly be in line with mod ownership and the rights of the author over hes own work? its in total contradiction of this, I don't understand how Nexus can do such a thing, redistributing the work of people against their will without their permission just because someone else made a mod pack about it...

How is this any different than mod theft, someone taking my mods and uploading them against my will on other websites, and while I would agree to this for the moment since Nexus has "mostly" been good to me, I don't know what Nexus will be in the future or what other changes they will push through, but by then I will no longer have any option to permanently delete my files and they will just keep redistributing it even if its against my will, like what the heck, what about my author rights?

So in essence, we no longer have author rights and we give our mods along with our author rights to Nexus and they can keep using them for as long as they wish, this is what it comes down to in a nutshell if I understand it correctly, because apparently a mod pack put together by any random person trumps the author rights of actual modders spending months/years on their work.

I can already see it coming, an author removed hes mods and all people have to do is download a specific mod pack to take that one mod out of that mod pack while deleting the rest of the mod pack, If Nexus wants to buy my mods for their mod packs then they should let me know, but stealing it like this without me ever being able to remove them smells really fishy, not to mention they are also planning on giving donations points and allowing donations to people who create the mod packs.

and I still don't understand how Nexus can do this, its against author rights, I'm supposed to have full control over my mod, Nexus is taking that away, I thought nexus was supposed to be an "art gallery" where people can enjoy my work but in the end its my work and I can do with it as I wish, how can this be when I'm not allowed to remove my "art" and the gallery keeps it permanently against my will, that's theft.

Nexus will be sending an email to mod authors to give them a chance (Until August 5th) to either Leave ALL their Mods on the Nexus, or Delete ALL their Mods from the Nexus, not some, or a handful, you either leave ALL your mods on the Nexus, or you request ALL of your mods be deleted from the NExus.

All or Nothing.

You should get an email soon.

Nexus will be sending an email to mod authors to give them a chance (Until August 5th) to either Leave ALL their Mods on the Nexus, or Delete ALL their Mods from the Nexus, not some, or a handful, you either leave ALL your mods on the Nexus, or you request ALL of your mods be deleted from the NExus.

All or Nothing.

You should get an email soon.

Despite the ultimatum for mod authors to choose before August 5 to have mod files removed or not, they still technically aren't even being deleted in totality though. They are still only being archived.

See here:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/10205883-an-important-notice-and-our-future-plans-for-collections/page-143&do=findComment&comment=96376118

As part of our deletion process, mod files are archived automatically before being deleted. The notification they receive is unfortunate/misleading given the circumstances, but the files are indeed deleted and no longer accessible to anyone.

This person is the only person who's mods we've been able to fully delete thus far due to backend issues today. We'll be working through the others soon.

As part of our deletion process, mod files are archived automatically before being deleted. The notification they receive is unfortunate/misleading given the circumstances, but the files are indeed deleted and no longer accessible to anyone.

This person is the only person who's mods we've been able to fully delete thus far due to backend issues today. We'll be working through the others soon.

Why is it "All or nothing" as far as deletion goes?