Lost access to mod author subforum

Ladez

Since you've fulfilled my request to delete all of my mods, I've lost access to the mod author subforum.

I understand that I technically no longer meet the requirements, but I still want to confirm that this is intentional. I was not informed that this would happen.

I would like to have access to future discussions with fellow authors, if possible.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was intentional. The Nexus Mods Mod Authors Discord and subforum are for those who contribute their content to the site's community. It's kinda the whole appeal of getting in. Given it's initial access is automated, I wouldn't be too surprised it locked you out automatically too.

You can always contact the friends you've made privately, to set up a group chat on Discord or something instead. Make it be like old times. :)

I disagree with your reasoning. I have contributed to this community, and it does not necessarily follow that I should lose access because those contributions were removed.

In any case, I'd appreciate a response from the staff instead of guesses by other members. Thank you.

The mod author group which gives users access to the private MA forums as well as a couple of other perks like increased PM capacity and ad free browsing on the site, is indeed for those users who have more than 1,000 downloads attributed to mods they own on the site. When all your mods were deleted, you lost those stats and your access. It is working by design and won't be changing.

That all makes sense. I just did not expect that the system that automatically grants access also automatically takes it away, and I was not informed about this eventuality. The last point in this article says that my account would not be affected in any other way.

I think you should include a note about this in the article so that authors are fully informed before making a decision.

In any case, thank you for the clarification. I am a little disappointed, but I stand by my decision and accept the consequences.

Edited by Ladez

What about co-authors of mods who have been granted edit access but were not the one who first published the mod page?

I too have lost access to GMAD. However, while my main mods have been all deleted, I am still co-author (with edit access) of five mods that all have way over 1000 downloads each.

Shouldn't I have retained GMAD access?

What about co-authors of mods who have been granted edit access but were not the one who first published the mod page?

I too have lost access to GMAD. However, while my main mods have been all deleted, I am still co-author (with edit access) of five mods that all have way over 1000 downloads each.

Shouldn't I have retained GMAD access?

A rather good question. I have administrative control over five mods, and they are the only reason I have access to GMAD, as my sole mod creation does not come close to meeting the 1000 unique downloads.

Does not surprise me one bit, wondered how long it would take you all to remove people from forums and such, out of sight , cant make comments and others aware of any of this, its not like you earned your place in the forum in the past its like you do not even exist anymore, it should not matter if you deleted or not you earned it once and there was not one WORD about this happening just another behind the scenes change to punish those who do not want their work in collections. Your contribution's over time on nexus no longer count as you do not agree to let your work be used by others. the fact that over the years people came to nexus to download your mods and then stayed does not count, your worth is 0 now.

It was said quite plain that no other changes that would affect my account would happen but seems that was untrue????? And really those many people downloaded our mods I guess never downloaded them lol..... Pretty sad nexus and pretty under hand how this was all handled.

I did not get add free viewing from some being a mod author I got it from paying for a premium membership.

Also I would like to know why being a co-author of a mod with over 1000 downloads does not count also if you could please explain that to us????

Honestly, if you deleted all your mods in a fit of nerd rage, what did you expect? Life has choices and consequences.