Nice work....

Erenar

I've had it with this f***ing place. It's shady as f***. I'm trying to extricate myself but you're giving me the f***ing run around. DELETE MY f***ing MODS. ACTUALLY DELETE THEM. ALL OF THEM. EVERY ONE THAT I UPLOADED.

I've seen you read my PM response but you didn't feel the need to respond so you get this.

f*** you Nexus.

I note they didn't waste any time nuking his account......

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are starting to see the effects of the purge...

unknown.png

And it doesn't look pretty. :sad:

I can't stop myself from feeling sad to what is happening, although many Mod Authors warned about it. No Mods, No Games, No "Collections"...

Something that could be avoided with a will to talk with the MA and reaching out to their concerns and demands. I believe for many, a simple delete button and the assurance that their mods were in fact deleted would suffice to make them happy...

Alas, we will never know now.

Well I am curious what mods are gone now that several games no longer have their own sub nexus site for.

In any case I thought it would be interesting to see what the daily numbers using archive.org from the past two weeks +, and it's shocking. Despite the growth of new mods added daily (as can be seen with the ever increasing trend of mod authors growing), there is definitely a dip in user files within the past week, though some marginal growth again recently.

• 6/20/21 317,279 files for 1,323 games from 128,268 authors
  • 6/21/21 317,448 files for 1,327 games from 128,328 authors (+169 files, +4 games, +60 authors)
  • 6/22/21 317,488 files for 1,327 games from 128,357 authors (+40 files, +0 games, +29 authors)
  • 6/23/21 317,714 files for 1,333 games from 128,441 authors (+226 files, +6 games, +90 authors)
  • 6/25/21 317,872 files for 1,333 games from 128,497 authors (+158 files, +0 games, +56 authors)
  • 6/27/21 318,109 files for 1,334 games from 128,665 authors (+237 files, +1 game, +168 authors)
  • 6/28/21 318,275 files for 1,334 games from 128,736 authors (+166 files, +0 games, +71 authors)
  • 6/30/21 318,458 files for 1,334 games from 128,800 authors (+183 files, +0 games, +64 authors)
  • 7/1/21 318,415 files for 1,335 games from 128,861 authors (-43 files, +1 game, +61 authors)
  • 7/2/21 317,573 files for 1,335 games from 128,926 authors (-842 files, +0 games, +65 authors)
  • 7/3/21 317,385 files for 1,335 games from 128,980 authors (-188 files, +0 games, +54 authors)
  • 7/4/21 317,347 files for 1,335 games from 129,020 authors (-38 files, +0 games, +40 authors)
  • 7/5/21 317,310 files for 1,335 games from 129,046 authors (-37 files, +0 games, +26 authors)
  • 7/6/21 317,178 files for 1,335 games from 129,085 authors (-132 files, +0 games, +39 authors; This is the biggest visible decrease in files from 6/30/21, edit: before increasing again)
  • 7/7/21 317,223 files for 1,337 games from 129,202 authors (+45 files, +2 games, +117 authors)
  • 7/8/21 317,314 files for 1,332 games from 129,253 authors (+91 files, -5 games, +51 authors; which can change since the day is not over yet, in my timezone which is EST. Edit 2: After 12am for me, and now it is showing: 317,301 files for 1,332 games from 129,263 authors; so it went down 13 files from earlier.)

Edit: Added how many files, games, and authors were either added or removed from day to day. 7/2/21 saw the biggest decrease in files overall, with nearly 1k files removed, which happened to be the day after the news post went up.

Edited by Faelrin

unknown.png

I can't stop myself from feeling sad to what is happening, although many Mod Authors warned about it. No Mods, No Games, No "Collections"...

Something that could be avoided with a will to talk with the MA and reaching out to their concerns and demands. I believe for many, a simple delete button and the assurance that their mods were in fact deleted would suffice to make them happy...

I don't get what that image is supposed to show.

unknown.png

I don't get what that image is supposed to show.

Fewer total number of games on the site as games that had a page with perhaps only a single or very few mods now have zero mods and are purged.

unknown.png

Well I am curious what mods are gone now that several games no longer have their own sub nexus site for.

In any case I thought it would be interesting to see what the daily numbers using archive.org from the past two weeks +, and it's shocking. Despite the growth of new mods added daily (as can be seen with the ever increasing trend of mod authors growing), there is definitely a dip in user files within the past week, though some marginal growth again recently.

• 6/20/21 317,279 files for 1,323 games from 128,268 authors
  • 6/21/21 317,448 files for 1,327 games from 128,328 authors (+169 files, +4 games, +60 authors)
  • 6/22/21 317,488 files for 1,327 games from 128,357 authors (+40 files, +0 games, +29 authors)
  • 6/23/21 317,714 files for 1,333 games from 128,441 authors (+226 files, +6 games, +90 authors)
  • 6/25/21 317,872 files for 1,333 games from 128,497 authors (+158 files, +0 games, +56 authors)
  • 6/27/21 318,109 files for 1,334 games from 128,665 authors (+237 files, +1 game, +168 authors)
  • 6/28/21 318,275 files for 1,334 games from 128,736 authors (+166 files, +0 games, +71 authors)
  • 6/30/21 318,458 files for 1,334 games from 128,800 authors (+183 files, +0 games, +64 authors)
  • 7/1/21 318,415 files for 1,335 games from 128,861 authors (-43 files, +1 game, +61 authors)
  • 7/2/21 317,573 files for 1,335 games from 128,926 authors (-842 files, +0 games, +65 authors)
  • 7/3/21 317,385 files for 1,335 games from 128,980 authors (-188 files, +0 games, +54 authors)
  • 7/4/21 317,347 files for 1,335 games from 129,020 authors (-38 files, +0 games, +40 authors)
  • 7/5/21 317,310 files for 1,335 games from 129,046 authors (-37 files, +0 games, +26 authors)
  • 7/6/21 317,178 files for 1,335 games from 129,085 authors (-132 files, +0 games, +39 authors; This is the biggest visible decrease in files from 6/30/21, edit: before increasing again)
  • 7/7/21 317,223 files for 1,337 games from 129,202 authors (+45 files, +2 games, +117 authors)
  • 7/8/21 317,314 files for 1,332 games from 129,253 authors (+91 files, -5 games, +51 authors; which can change since the day is not over yet, edit: in my timezone which is EST)

Edit: Added how many files, games, and authors were either added or removed from day to day. 7/2/21 saw the biggest decrease in files overall, with nearly 1k files removed, which happened to be the day after the news post went up.

From what I understand, first it's the mods that are gone/deleted and then due to no mods for that game, they remove it too a couple days later. That's what happened to some of the games I used to follow.

Mod authors removed their mods, then a few days later the game section was gone too.

But it's interesting to see all data as you gathered there.

@Zanderat that image shows the total number of games a few hours ago at Nexus. You can check that number on the front page.

Edited by Portucally

The only problem with that data is that it doesn't show "what" was uploaded and called a mod. Several authors for instance, have made "bodyslide files" for my outfit mods. Without MY mods, or the multitudes of others, all those mods, while still "active' on the site, would become totally worthless should I, or the creator of any other outfit mod, decide to remove our files.

Same goes for "XXXX Body Type" conversions, certain translations, or countless mods that reference, and therefore "require" other much larger "content" mods to be installed first (i.e CWSS). So I think there will be a "spike" increase in the "loss rate" once those mods prove to be no longer useful.

Unless of course Dark0ne reneges on his word to delete those files during the "grace" period. After all we only have his "word" for it, and that has proven to be as trustworthy as a child's alibi.

hidden due to profanity

Go to this link here ... https://help.nexusmods.com/article/116-how-do-i-request-all-my-files-to-be-deleted-july-august-2021

Scroll to the bottom of that page and copy the template part of the text and paste it into an email to [email protected]

Before you send the email you will need to replace the ... Link to my user profile: https://www.nexusmods.com/users/123456 part with your user ID numbers. The instructions for finding those numbers are found at the very bottom section of that page. Here's a link to the page for that ... https://www.nexusmods.com/

I appreciate the effort but that's already been done. I emailed them. Waited around for a response. They said they'd delete my mods. They deleted a handful. Probably going to give me the run around about how the creator and the uploader were different people. The creator chose not to have a profile on Nexus and gave me full control of uploading, maintaining and updating the mods. I did just that. I've been dealing with this for days and I've got better things I could be doing than devoting any energy to this.

Not to mention, out of curiosity I checked my file history to see what's been getting deleted. If I click on endorse for one of my mods that's been "DELETED - DELETED" it says this mod is hidden. So is Nexus even deleting anything? Is that just a canned response? Could be. Who knows? They're liars and they're pricks. Whatever answer they have in response is worthless. I'm so done with it.

Your account has 0 files associated with it, but I'm assuming you're talking about another account you made the request under. Everyone we've fully processed had all the mod files they uploaded deleted - regardless of the information entered under "Created by".

What was the username you made the request under? Happy to take a look for you.

We're not deleting accounts unless specifically requested, though users can always delete their accounts themselves if they so desire: https://help.nexusmods.com/article/25-how-do-i-delete-my-account

edit: I did hide the post that was riddled with profanity.

... (I'm assuming it is a GMAD thread)

That's a good point, I'm quoting it here so everyone can read it then.

The opt out question is indeed addressed in the news post but I can reiterate and expand:

There are two main reasons:

1. Collections are mod lists

Conceptually there is no difference between a traditional list of mods and a collection. If I was to create a list of cool mods with download links and share that, there would be nothing wrong with it and, as far as we are concerned, it would not require the permission of the mod authors whose mods I'm listing either. Their assets are not being taken and their mods are not being redistributed without permission.

There is nothing stopping anyone from doing something like:

My Top 3 Mods Ever

Immersive Armors

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3479

Immersive Citizens

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/173

Ordinator

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1137

Or even listing the download links directly.

In either case this is a list linking to the source of the mods, the mod page hosted on Nexus Mods.

A collection the way it is going to work in our system is akin to an "automated mod list" in other words it's a mod list that Vortex can interpret/read for you. So instead of reading through a list going "ok now I have to click this link and then download this mod, install it the way the list creator is instructing me" Vortex does it for you.

As a free user, Vortex reads the list, shows you the next mod to download (presented in app) and then links you to the mod page. Once the download is queued the next mod is presented and so on - until the whole list is downloaded.

As a Premium user, Vortex also reads the list and goes through the list of mods to download one by one automatically, while presenting the mods in the collection to the user in the app.

In both cases the reading through a mod list and downloading is streamlined, but in both cases the mods are downloaded from the mod page, not redistributed.

2. Opt out / arbitrary deletions would break collections at a moment's notice

Take a collection of 400 mods, with meta data that links all of these 400 mods. This example collection is finalised over many hours of work by a curator and is being enjoyed by hundreds of new users per day.

As it currently stands a mod author might release a small, last minute bug fix to their mod and decide to entirely delete the old version of their mod. This then would entirely break the collection until the curator is able to migrate to the new mod and update any dependencies - leaving the hundreds of users per day unable to use the collection, and, moreover, potentially people already using the collection will encounter problems if they re-install the game/collection.

The same would be true for mods being opted in/out.

We fully expect most collections, especially popular ones, to be kept up to date very quickly, but we feel it’s unhealthy for the entire modding ecosystem for these collections to entirely break at a moment's notice.

One thing that I feel is a bit lost in this is that unlike with Wabbajack where we have only have a few, quite big, curated mod lists, a year or two down the line when collections have been available to all users we're expecting to have all sorts of collections. We do not just anticipate the kind of curator who spends all their time curating one huge list, but also people just sharing their last 10 favourite mods with friends. We might very well see:

• Big, well-curated all-in-one mod lists
  • Decent-sized "modding essentials" type mod lists
  • Playthrough specific mod lists (best mod list for a ninja playthrough etc.)
  • Small mod lists ("here's 10 of my favourite mods")
  • Backups i.e. (unlisted) mod lists with the purpose of enabling a user to redownload their entire mod setup as is onto a new PC for example
While it's more likely someone curating a popular all-in-one mod list will be on top of things and adjust their collection when an arbitrary file deletion or opt out occurs (but even then expecting that to happen before it causes issues for many users is unreasonable), the experience would be massively degraded for the average user who cannot reasonably be expected to do that all the time - and in the case of backups replacing/removing mods is not what you want in the first place.

Lastly, what you're suggesting, OP, would also serve to undermine the collections feature. When you sign up to Nexus Mods, with a free or Premium account, you now have access to all the mods on the site. Opting out of collections i.e. asking us to enforce permissions regarding whether users get to add a link to your mod to a mod list or not, would degrade the collections feature in comparison. In such a scenario users could download any mod on the site, but they could not download every mod on the site through collections - this would stifle a feature we're believing in being the engine of change towards making modding accessible to everyone.

Also please note that we have an open API and that if the mod page is available and provides a download link, then other, non-Nexus Mods affiliated collection systems could always still link to that download link, thus providing a better user experience, and ignoring the opt out / wishes of the mod author. Essentially we would be getting the worst of two worlds, where our collections feature would be severely hampered, while mod author's opt outs would be ignored.

This isn't even touching on the technical issues behind maintaining two systems for two statuses (opt out/in), but I hope it now makes it more clear to you why opting out is not something we feel makes sense as, again, your files are not being "included" in the first place, a download link to them is being listed instead.

The opt out question is indeed addressed in the news post but I can reiterate and expand:

There are two main reasons:

1. Collections are mod lists

Conceptually there is no difference between a traditional list of mods and a collection. If I was to create a list of cool mods with download links and share that, there would be nothing wrong with it and, as far as we are concerned, it would not require the permission of the mod authors whose mods I'm listing either. Their assets are not being taken and their mods are not being redistributed without permission.

There is nothing stopping anyone from doing something like:

My Top 3 Mods Ever

Immersive Armors

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3479

Immersive Citizens

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/173

Ordinator

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1137

Or even listing the download links directly.

@BigBizkit This only applies to mods hosted on Nexus. If I put my mods on my own website with its own ToS where you must solve a captcha to download files, you can't link them directly in any list. Bypassing the captcha without solving it would be illegal. So your statement in this regard is simply wrong. If I want to, I can prevent direct downloads at any time.